Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

mylestheslasher

Quote from: armaghniac on May 18, 2012, 08:08:29 PM
QuoteIt makes it an offence to withhold information about a crime.

So McGuinness has never withheld information about a crime?

Define a crime?

Anyway, what McGuinness did or didn't do in 30 years of conflict has nothing to do with child rapists and the protection of child rapists by brady and his chums. Debate the issues and start another thread on McGuinness if you want to discuss him.

Cold tea

Does denying children of parents because they have been murdered in the name of war not enter under the child protection radar.  McGuinness would need to think a little before crying about the poor children, many of whom suffered immense heartache and serious traumatic abuse because of what he did or didnt do in 30 years of conflict.  Brady on the evidence we have followed his orders and reported the matter to his Bishop, and McGuinness wants him to resign - he should look in the mirror.

Nally Stand

FFS  ::) ...and if McGuinness said nothing about Brady you'd be tearing stripes out of him for that too ::) Martin McGuinness and the IRA were not the cause of the war you speak and as I am writing this reply on the exact 31st anniversary of the deaths of Ray McCreesh and Patsy O'Hara on Hunger Strike, I would like to state that nor for that matter were they criminals as armaghniac suggests. So lads, change the record and try to stay on the topic of the thread.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hardy

Cold tea

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2012, 09:22:46 AM
FFS  ::) ...and if McGuinness said nothing about Brady you'd be tearing stripes out of him for that too ::) Martin McGuinness and the IRA were not the cause of the war you speak and as I am writing this reply on the exact 31st anniversary of the deaths of Ray McCreesh and Patsy O'Hara on Hunger Strike, I would like to state that nor for that matter were they criminals as armaghniac suggests. So lads, change the record and try to stay on the topic of the thread.

If McGuinness has said nothing about Brady I doubt it would have been mentioned on here.  The fact that he calling for his resignation because he followed orders reeks of hypocrisy from a man with his past, and for the record Brady didn't cause that bastard Smith to rape those poor children, yes he was totally ineffectual in stopping him but he didn't cause him to do it.  The topic is clerical abuse – all those involved should be shot as far as I am concerned including anyone involved in a cover up, but let's not kid ourselves of McGuinness's motives for calling for his resignation, the anti-catholic brigade has built up a lot of momentum in the media and oul Marty is jumping on it as he jumps on anything with a bit of momentum, as for him trying to get Brady prosecuted - you couldnt make it up!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Cold tea on May 21, 2012, 10:26:45 AM

If McGuinness has said nothing about Brady I doubt it would have been mentioned on here.  The fact that he calling for his resignation because he followed orders reeks of hypocrisy from a man with his past, and for the record Brady didn't cause that b**tard Smith to rape those poor children, yes he was totally ineffectual in stopping him but he didn't cause him to do it.  The topic is clerical abuse – all those involved should be shot as far as I am concerned including anyone involved in a cover up, but let's not kid ourselves of McGuinness's motives for calling for his resignation, the anti-catholic brigade has built up a lot of momentum in the media and oul Marty is jumping on it as he jumps on anything with a bit of momentum, as for him trying to get Brady prosecuted - you couldnt make it up!

And now he is jumping on the anti-Catholic bandwagon? Despite being a committed practicing Catholic, who in his own words "loves" his Church"? Someone once described by a cellmate in Portlaoise as a man who's "whose devotion to his religion was as intense as his politics"? Don't make me laugh. No point in shouting about how angry this news makes you and yet expecting the joint head of the administration in the six counties to say nothing about the entire scandal.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: Hardy on May 21, 2012, 10:00:26 AM
58:53

Was that too long? I suppose, unlike you, I don't spend every waking minute of my life on an internet discussion board. An average of 4.862 per day every day since November 10, 2006?? Get a life man!

ludermor

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2012, 10:45:47 AM

Was that too long? I suppose, unlike you, I don't spend every waking minute of my life on an internet discussion board. An average of 4.862 per day every day since November 10, 2006?? Get a life man!
Which is not that much more than yourself with a average of 3.36 post per day since Jan 16 2010. Get a life man.

Hardy

You could operate a little more efficiently, that's all. Just write a script that monitors posts for key words and phrases - I don't need to give you the list - and sends you a text or rings a bell. Actuallly, go with the bell - suitably Pavlovian.

Nally Stand

Quote from: ludermor on May 21, 2012, 11:17:00 AM

Which is not that much more than yourself with a average of 3.36 post per day since Jan 16 2010. Get a life man.

1.644 since 2007, to be precise. (Only .3 off your good self. Get a life man!)

Nally Stand

Quote from: Hardy on May 21, 2012, 11:28:12 AM
You could operate a little more efficiently, that's all. Just write a script that monitors posts for key words and phrases - I don't need to give you the list - and sends you a text or rings a bell. Actuallly, go with the bell - suitably Pavlovian.

Like you seem to have done when my username appears? Flattering  ;)

But i'm not that way inclined.

Cold tea

So lads, change the record and try to stay on the topic of the thread.

Jesus wept!

ludermor

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 21, 2012, 11:39:28 AM
Quote from: ludermor on May 21, 2012, 11:17:00 AM

1.644 since 2007, to be precise. (Only .3 off your good self. Get a life man!)
That is correct but you were very slow ( or posting under a different name) for the first 3 years ( only posting 8 time) and since Jan 16 2010 you have averaged 3.36 to be percise ( its not that difficult to work out)

orangeman

Fair play to Sean Brady. Fairly contrite here.

Cardinal Sean Brady says Catholic Church abuse failures shameful

Cardinal Sean Brady has said it is "a matter of deep shame" that the Catholic Church did not always respond properly to victims of child abuse.

The Catholic primate of all Ireland was delivering a homily at the 50th International Eucharistic Congress in Dublin.

He said he wanted to ask for the forgiveness of abuse victims.

He said the church had "first betrayed their trust and then failed to respond adequately to their pain".

Cardinal Brady referred to a stone that sits in a place of honour before the altar at the Congress Arena.

"It will serve as a reminder of those children and young people who were hurt by a Church that first betrayed their trust and then failed to respond adequately to their pain," he said.

"The words of the Gospel echo in my mind: 'It is not the will of your Father that any of these little ones should be lost'.

"May God forgive us for the times when we as individuals and as a Church failed to seek out and care for those little ones who were frightened, alone and in pain because someone was abusing them.

"That we did not always respond to your cries with the concern of the Good Shepherd is a matter of deep shame."

He said the Church prayed for healing and peace "for those whose suffering continues".

mylestheslasher

He'll be contrite if he goes to jail which is where he should be. His apologies are hollow and meaningless now.