Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 17, 2008, 12:56:40 PM
Oh that's alright then  ::)
If someone shows a bit of skill to keep the ball they're "showboating"?

Do you think nani would have tried that if man utd were not 3-0 up at the time? So yes i would call it show boating. I am not disputing the fact that he was displaying skill. But in a tight game he would not have attempted it, because alex ferguson would have given him the bollocking of a lifetime and maybe even kicked a boot at him!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ExiledGael

Amazed at the response to Nani's keeping the ball up. Just shows how pathetic soccer fans can be (and I know I am one, sort of). People pay hundreds to see these games. A young Portuguese player dares to keep the ball up and away from an Arsenal player on his back, and they are all criticising him, saying he deserves a kicking. If he can do it fair play to him, Arsenal's respons was a disgrace.
Henry done many similar things in his time. Look at that penalty fluff with Pires, arrogance and almost humiliating the opponent thinking he was so far above their levels. But who cares, if you're good enough go out and entertain, for f**ks sake it's not against the rules. Henry was rightly lauded as a genius for the things he tried, love to see players doing something new or interesting.

T Fearon

After Man City fans poignantly respected the one minute's silence at Old Trafford last week, Arsenal fans produced 90 minutes of silence at the same venue last Saturday ;D

doire na raithe

I'm sure some interpetation of one of the rules will enable me to report this thread.

doire na raithe

I refer you to rule 5. Creating facetious or duplicate topics. This clearly could have been posted on any of the recent threads such as: the Manchester United thread, offical gooners thread or on the neutral 'FA Cup on the BBC' thread. I will be bringing this total disrespect for the GAA community on this board to the attention of the mods and I hope you are dealt with accordingly.

Double Cross

doire na raithe

The meaning of 'facetious': lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous remark.

I believe it is also strongly in breach of the 'duplicating topics' part of the rule.

Double Cross

There is nothing facetious in the original post. I think even the most ardent Arsenil fan would have to admit that they did observe a 90 minute silence at the weekend.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ildanach

from arsenal.com

Arsène Wenger has six players back to full fitness for the visit of Milan on Wednesday.

Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor were on duty at Manchester United last Saturday despite being troubled by hamstring injuries. All those will be ready to play against the Champions League holders at Emirates Stadium.

Bacary Sagna is available while Denilson and Theo Walcott have been added to the squad. However Manuel Almunia is still recovering from a virus so Jens Lehmann will keep his place.

"Bacary Sagna is back so are Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday.

"Manuel Almunia is not completely ready to play. But he is getting there and is very close now. Jens Lehmann will start.

"Denilson is back in the squad and Theo Walcott is in too. But Johan Djourou, Robin van Persie, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky are all still out."

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

ARSENAL goalkeeper Manuel Almunia's house is being HAUNTED by the ghost of a monk.

The star's wife spotted the ghoul at their swish pad on the site of an old asylum.

Spaniard Almunia, 30, has also heard chains rattling and had stereos turning on at full volume on their own. He is so spooked boss Arsene Wenger has given him permission to go home for lunch to avoid leaving wife Ana alone at the house in Abbots Langley, Herts.

Terrified Almunia said yesterday: "My house is small but there is a lot of history to it and it seems there are ghosts.

"It's in a place where there was a psychiatric hospital. They sent mental patients there and people who were sick after the Second World War.

"When we first moved in we heard a lot of strange noises like chains being dragged around.

"Then when we were sleeping the stereo came on at full volume. Some very strange things were happening.

"One night, we were sleeping and my wife suddenly woke me up with a shout. She said there was this monk-like figure with a candle in his hand. She was in bed, next to me. I didn't see him but I was s*** scared.

"We've spoken to neighbours, and they said this was normal.

"Perhaps it's black magic, I don't know. But some weird things were definitely going on."

Locals believe the mental institution Almunia's home was built on was The Leavesden Hospital, which was shut in the 1990s.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article817076.ece

Is this why he has been ill?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wonder if Mad Jens has been at his work?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

ildanach

toure out for 3 or 4 weeks according to arsenal.com.

Thought we would have snatched a goal last night. WE had them under some serious pressure late on. The good thing though is that we didn't conceed.

Puckoon

The second half was all arsenal - how we didnt make better chances is beyond me. In the last 15 minutes we had something like 6 shots straight at the milan keeper.