PuC and the Liam Miller Fundraiser

Started by Baile Brigín 2, July 18, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

If you're going to bring the committee lads up to dublin from Cork surely it's just to say lads we've decided to let you use PuC. To bring them up only to tell them its a definite no or even what they've done and basically said we will think about it and get back to you is just ridiculous

Syferus

It is really incredible that this is still on-going. The GAA are just buying themselves bad publicity by not just saying they're making the Murphy Bowl available for the charity match. Let the technicalities be ironed out behind the scenes and not in a media circus.

Jinxy

I'd say the conversation was along the lines of, the game will go ahead in PUC, but let us take it from here in terms of managing the announcement/message so we can claw back some goodwill.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2018, 08:13:35 PM
I'd say the conversation was along the lines of, the game will go ahead in PUC, but let us take it from here in terms of managing the announcement/message so we can claw back some goodwill.

Uhh, if that's really how it went the GAA really needs a new PR head.

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: dec on July 24, 2018, 06:35:19 PM
5.1 Uses of Property
(a) All property including grounds, Club Houses, Halls,
Dressing Rooms and Handball Alleys owned or
controlled by units of the Association shall be used
only for the purpose of or in connection with the
playing of the Games controlled by the Association,
and for such other purposes not in conflict with
the Aims and Objects of the Association, that may
be sanctioned from time to time by the Central
Council.

Is a charity soccer game "in conflict with the Aims and Objects of the Association"?
One of the aims of the GAA is
The Association shall actively support the Irish
language, traditional Irish dancing, music, song,
and other aspects of Irish culture. It shall foster
an awareness and love of the national ideals in
the people of Ireland, and assist in promoting a
community spirit through its clubs 

I feel this charity event meets the last line, of promoting a community spirit. I also feel the actions to date from HQ on this do nothing for the promotion of our games and pass times.

seafoid

soccer/other-soccer/revealed-man-united-legends-confirmed-for-liam-miller-tribute-match-in-starstudded-lineups-37199690.html

It was also agreed that the most suitable way to celebrate and recognise Liam's involvement in GAA sport at a juvenile level is to have juvenile exhibition games, in both football and hurling, at half time involving young boys and girls from Liam's club Éire Óg," Mr O'Flynn said.

An classy ar fad
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on August 09, 2018, 12:00:44 PM
soccer/other-soccer/revealed-man-united-legends-confirmed-for-liam-miller-tribute-match-in-starstudded-lineups-37199690.html

It was also agreed that the most suitable way to celebrate and recognise Liam's involvement in GAA sport at a juvenile level is to have juvenile exhibition games, in both football and hurling, at half time involving young boys and girls from Liam's club Éire Óg," Mr O'Flynn said.

An classy ar fad

Dinosaurs Ted.  ;D

rosnarun

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on July 24, 2018, 08:35:49 PM
Quote from: dec on July 24, 2018, 06:35:19 PM
5.1 Uses of Property
(a) All property including grounds, Club Houses, Halls,
Dressing Rooms and Handball Alleys owned or
controlled by units of the Association shall be used
only for the purpose of or in connection with the
playing of the Games controlled by the Association,
and for such other purposes not in conflict with
the Aims and Objects of the Association, that may
be sanctioned from time to time by the Central
Council.

Is a charity soccer game "in conflict with the Aims and Objects of the Association"?
One of the aims of the GAA is
The Association shall actively support the Irish
language, traditional Irish dancing, music, song,
and other aspects of Irish culture. It shall foster
an awareness and love of the national ideals in
the people of Ireland, and assist in promoting a
community spirit through its clubs 

I feel this charity event meets the last line, of promoting a community spirit. I also feel the actions to date from HQ on this do nothing for the promotion of our games and pass times.

this is an appreciation game  not a charity match . for the for the family of a well paid ex-profesional who died young leaving an estate Valued 14 Million
even in a no sporting context  that put him a the hifher end of the wealth spectrum not a charity case
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

The PRO

Is Duff happy to play in the "dinosaurs" stadium now? The p***k.

laoislad

Massive crowd in Páirc Uí Chaoimh. Great to see.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trailer

Wonder how much will be raised and what they will do with the money? Was a figure released does anyone know?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on September 25, 2018, 03:53:57 PM
Massive crowd in Páirc Uí Chaoimh. Great to see.

Quote from: trailer on September 25, 2018, 04:39:28 PM
Wonder how much will be raised and what they will do with the money? Was a figure released does anyone know?

I'm sure details will be released when they are available

snoopdog

Hound

Fair play to all, seemed like a good event. I imagine ManU fans in particular would have enjoyed it, some great moments from the class of 92, even an ABU like me loved the banter between Butt and Neville!

Although, given it was played in a GAA ground, it was sticking out that Dublin still managed to win it!