Crossmaglen Rangers

Started by sam03/05, November 25, 2007, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quagmire

Peter Rodgers has been having back problems for quite a while now, between that and the beer, he hasn't kicked ball in years.

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 05, 2009, 10:15:40 PM
Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 25, 2007, 06:17:56 PM
Crossmaglen have played in 22 finals - not counting replays - and have never lost.
12 Armagh
6 Ulster
4 All-Irelands
They are the greatest club team ever and are worthy of this thread.
Congratulations to them on their latest win.  When you consider they played the last two games without Francie, John D, Cathal and a still not fully fit Stephen they are just a awesome side.

That must have been a different cross that lost last years all-ireland final then!!! idiots!

:D

Brains and you'd be dangerous!    :D

orangeman

Cross must be wondering what happened tonight. 4 points over 60 + minutes of football. They'll be doing some head scratching. 4 points is bound to be their lowest ever score.

Cross have given us tremendous entertainment over a long number of years. Thanks lads. End of an era.

tonesfirstandlast

Glad they are gone.... wasn't always won with football!

orangeman

AFS

Quote from: orangeman on September 06, 2009, 12:08:40 AM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 06, 2009, 12:02:47 AM

?? what else ?

Surely you Tyronies should be able to spot a bitter Derryman by now?

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 05, 2009, 10:15:40 PM
Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 25, 2007, 06:17:56 PM
Crossmaglen have played in 22 finals - not counting replays - and have never lost.
12 Armagh
6 Ulster
4 All-Irelands
They are the greatest club team ever and are worthy of this thread.
Congratulations to them on their latest win.  When you consider they played the last two games without Francie, John D, Cathal and a still not fully fit Stephen they are just a awesome side.

That must have been a different cross that lost last years all-ireland final then!!! idiots!

Who is the idiot now??  Tool
In your Endo!

Spirit of 94

Quote from: orangeman on September 06, 2009, 12:08:40 AM

?? what else ?
Tactics and bravery and a blatant disregard for "history".

bigpaul

Have to say, the last time Cross and Bellaghy played in the club c'ship, in Cross, Bellaghy gave one of the most cynical displays of football I have ever seen! Among many other things, the goalkeeper went down with a 'sore hand' on about four occasions in the second half, when they had built up a lead with the wind in the first-half. 

bennydorano

No they wont, and they were mising a few first teamers last night, but quite a few Armagh ones (myself included) have been saying for a while that the calibre of the young ones coming through is nowhere near the claibre of the Macs , McConvilles et al.  If those boys retire, which they will do at some stage, Cross will come back to the rest of the pack.  They always have been and always will be amongst the favourites for the Armagh Championship annually.

brokencrossbar1

Whatever you reckon, I have a strong memory of a cracked jaw from one of your players in 1996 and I can go back as far as 1986 to when we palyed you boys to show that football didn't always win it for Bellaghy.  Have some respect for yourself and shut up.

Well done Ogs, this is not an end for Cross, I actually think it is the beginning of a new era for them.  They may not dominate as much as they have over the last 13 years but the next 5 months will let a lot of battered bodies rest and recover.  Time for a lot of thinking and evaluation, and time to plan another onslaught next year!

orange2009

INDIANA

Some run lads 1995. All good things come to an end unfortunately. Mighn't be a bad thing though for Armagh football.

imtommygunn

It's been constant for those boys for a long time. With provincial club football you really don't get much of a close season especially if you win. A rest will do a lot of them the world of good and they may be better for it.

It makes ulster a lot more interesting now. No Mayobridge and no Crossmaglen. St Galls would be the only one of the teams we expect to challenge every year left. I could see Cargin beating them too.

TFAL covering himself in glory as usual I see.

bennydorano

I always maintained that Cross probably denied an excellent Dromintee team at least 1 Ulster Club title, the Ogs would probably feel the same.  Have to say after the game last night the Ogs looked very focused and might have their sights set on more that the Armagh SFC.