The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

linked with a figueroa and wright phillips this morning.  think wright phillips could be a decent signing if roy gets the arm around him.  final wall suspect, but an out and out winger who will take men on. 

Though with kuyt having such a world cup asks the question do we need some one for this role?  Dont want another case of spending £ in the wrong areas like last year(johnson for 17mill, when ardbeloa was solid enough)

dont say I would rate any wigan defender highly enough to wear the red shirt

Hound

SWP = lots of pace but no composure, no class. Would not like him.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Hound on July 08, 2010, 12:53:28 PM
SWP = lots of pace but no composure, no class. Would not like him.

Yeah have never rated him. If we could replace Insua with Figueroa without having to waste a load of cash it would be a good move. Insua is not pacy enough for the premiership.

stiffler

I see Dan Gosling has left Everton on a free, would be a great signing.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gawa316

Quote from: stiffler on July 08, 2010, 01:23:26 PM
I see Dan Gosling has left Everton on a free, would be a great signing.

That's some f**k up by the blue noses. Admin error I heard

small white mayoman

from reading the last few posts there seems to be a lot of players out there that need to have arms wrapped around them, is this an essential part of coaching that you need to have a hugging badge to succeed ?
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

The Real Laoislad

I was very excited at the prospect of Glenn Whelan joining but I'm just wetting myself at the thought of SWP, this is shaping up to be a wonderful season.
Any other top world class names apart from Whelo and SWP being linked with a move to Anfield?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 07, 2010, 10:32:40 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 07, 2010, 09:45:10 AM
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is lining up a £13m move for FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz.(Daily Mirror)

Has anyone heard of this guy!?

Would be an area we need to improve, but i think Roy can hopefully get the arm around babel and he can live up to his potential.  Rafa was never a man for doing this and Roy appears to have done this with Duff for example at Fulham and Zamora also. 

we def need to sign a left back i think that is the priority though there is a shortage of them out there, especially at a reasonable price.   >:(

Yeah he was one of the stars of the dutch league last year. Was probably Twente's best player. Scored a sh*t load of goals from a left wing/forward position.

Kuyt, babel, hmmmmm?  I know players must stand on their own merits but with Jovanovic commited and able to play that role surely £13 m would be better spent.  I know Benny is gone but we still have Maxi, Kuyt,Babel and at least for now Riera.  It would be better to get a strong LB and another out and out striker.  Let Nemeth and Pacheco get as much game time as possible in the Europa and Carling cup. 

As for Torres and Gerard, they will stay.  Neither had a good enough World Cup to really tempt anyone.  Sure enough Nando could be a first time WC winner but he has done feck all to get spain there.  Now if he scored the winner in the final all bets on him staying would be off!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: small white mayoman on July 08, 2010, 01:34:31 PM
from reading the last few posts there seems to be a lot of players out there that need to have arms wrapped around them, is this an essential part of coaching that you need to have a hugging badge to succeed ?

what i was referring to is that hodgson has experience of instilling confidence in players such as duff,zomara,murphy etc and getting the best out of them. 

Benitez didnt have such relations with players.  He distanced himself from the players, rightly or wrongly, and this had impacts on players performance/not fulfilling obvious potential e.g. keane, babel, reira.

Hodgson may not be as tactically sound as Rafa(this is to be seen) however, his man management skills from previous experience appear to be sounder.  This may result in performance levels of players with potential increasing and the club benefiting as a result. 

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: small white mayoman on July 08, 2010, 01:34:31 PM

We all need a cuddle every now and then. Who wouldn't love a cuddle from Uncle Woy?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 08, 2010, 02:18:00 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 07, 2010, 10:32:40 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 07, 2010, 09:45:10 AM
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is lining up a £13m move for FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz.(Daily Mirror)

Has anyone heard of this guy!?

Would be an area we need to improve, but i think Roy can hopefully get the arm around babel and he can live up to his potential.  Rafa was never a man for doing this and Roy appears to have done this with Duff for example at Fulham and Zamora also. 

we def need to sign a left back i think that is the priority though there is a shortage of them out there, especially at a reasonable price.   >:(

Yeah he was one of the stars of the dutch league last year. Was probably Twente's best player. Scored a sh*t load of goals from a left wing/forward position.

Kuyt, babel, hmmmmm?  I know players must stand on their own merits but with Jovanovic commited and able to play that role surely £13 m would be better spent.  I know Benny is gone but we still have Maxi, Kuyt,Babel and at least for now Riera.  It would be better to get a strong LB and another out and out striker.  Let Nemeth and Pacheco get as much game time as possible in the Europa and Carling cup. 

As for Torres and Gerard, they will stay.  Neither had a good enough World Cup to really tempt anyone.  Sure enough Nando could be a first time WC winner but he has done feck all to get spain there.  Now if he scored the winner in the final all bets on him staying would be off!

I wasn't advocating buying the lad. Just providing a bit of info on him.
I don't think Torres's poor performance in the WC will put the likes of Chelsea off bidding for him. They've seen first hand that he's a quality permiership player.

J OGorman

i tend to switch off club footy during the summer, all the speculating and sh!te rag english (and irish now) tabloids filling column inches with lie after lie (a souce close to Joe Bloggs my hole) is a complete waste of my time

there is not a hope in hell of Torres going to Chelsea, zero, diddly. Will not happen

Gerrard on the other hand, not sure. But the bottom line is, if any players wants to leave, thanks and good riddence.

as a few posters have siad earlier, hopefully the reds hold onto Derek. Grafters like Kuyt and Masch are as valuable to a team as the flashy midfielders and strikers

Watching both Alsono and Gareth Barry at the world cup, Rafa oh Rafa, what have you done!

Should be a very interesting season