The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Any truth in the rumour that Benayoun has joined Chelsea for 5.5 million?

opps you beat me to in Gabs!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: The Worker on July 01, 2010, 06:06:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 01, 2010, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 04:45:49 PM
How long before LFC receive a bid from Inter Milan for Kuyt?

If it is going to happen I doubt it will happen till after Holland are knocked out of World Cup

Im not Kuyt's biggest fan but I think he is one player I would like to see him stay.

He was fantastic today for the Dutch although seem to freeze when through on goal..
#newbridgeornowhere

StGallsGAA

So is Hodgson the missing peice of them jigsaw you've all been talking about??

Hound

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 04, 2010, 10:55:19 PM
So is Hodgson the missing peice of them jigsaw you've all been talking about??

"peice of them jigsaw"

What the feck are you talking about chap?

As English is difficult for you, your point would no doubt be best illustrated with quotes seeing as we've all been talking about it apparently.

StGallsGAA

No doubt you had to fight off competition from some of the biggest clubs in Europe to land Roy.  ;D

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 05, 2010, 03:19:13 PM
No doubt you had to fight off competition from some of the biggest clubs in Europe to land Roy.  ;D

I can see you making some very valuable contributions here.

stew

Liverpool have done well with this signing, Roy Hogdson  is a very shrewd manager and he will not let them down during his two years, he has plenty of European and domestic experience and Liverpool will be far better from an organizational perspective.

The man is a class act and I hope he does well......................... as long as he brings them to the brink of winning something without actually winning anything I will be happy enough.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J OGorman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 05, 2010, 03:19:13 PM

Liverpool are class and Utd are sh1te

Hound

Skybet are advertising the fact that Joe Cole was 14/1 to join Liverpool 48 hours ago and now he's 4/5.

Dubious in a number of ways, but probably the first interesting "player to join Liverpool" rumour of the summer!

AZOffaly

I think he'd be a great signing on a free. Better than f**king Voronin anyway.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 05, 2010, 05:01:18 PM
I think he'd be a great signing on a free. Better than f**king Voronin anyway.

ziggysego in his wheelchair would have been better than Voronin
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

QuoteCHELSEA MAKE £40M TORRES BID - REPORTS
Posted 06/07/10 07:47
EmailPrintSave

Chelsea have reportedly lodged a formal bid of £40m for Fernando Torres.

And a separate report claims that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has flown out to South Africa to personally oversee the club's pursuit of the striker.

According to The Daily Mail, the champions have stepped up their longstanding interest in the Spaniard - who, in a separate twist, is thought likely to be dropped by his country for their World Cup semi-final meeting with Germany on Wednesday night - by offering Liverpool £40m for his services.

'New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has already admitted he can offer no guarantee that either Torres or skipper Steven Gerrard will be at Anfield next season. And given Liverpool's precarious financial situation, a concerted effort to sign Torres by Chelsea is likely to prove impossible to resist,' the newspaper announces.

Meanwhile, The Telegraph reckons that Liverpool will demand £70m in order to part with Torres, but that 'Abramovich has now returned to South Africa to show Torres and his representatives how serious his intent is. He is hoping to meet with Torres' agents over the next few days. A source close to the deal said last night that the Chelsea owner was "pushing very hard" to complete the deal.'

Torres agent denied on Tuesday that he had admitted his client may leave Anfield this summer, while the player himself has said he will not consider his future until after the World Cup.

However, according to the Telegraph, 'both Chelsea and City have been led to believe that he wants to leave this summer.'

:o
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Question for Liverpool fans. Would you take £40-£50m for Torres, even from Chelsea, and £25-30m from Madrid for Stevie G, and just start again.

I think I would.