China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on December 23, 2020, 06:20:31 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 23, 2020, 03:51:15 PM
Absolutely armaghniac, but we must acknowledge that people are going to go wild again when we open up and numbers will rise as so.

Just by it's nature, this 6 week one is going to take a big, big toll on people. I hope this is the last one for us all. But I'm not confident. I think it would be foolish of us to think everyone is going to abide by the rules, but hopefully, if 90% do, we'll see 90% results.

90% is nowhere near enough. Even 2 or 3 people f**kin about could potentially have catastrophic consequences.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GabrielScally/status/1341820715486593028
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: whitegoodman on December 23, 2020, 04:30:34 PM
Is it right that one dose is 91% compared to the 95% for 2 doses ?  Tony Blair was saying today to forget about the second dose and give more people one dose.  If the above figures are right it would make sense.
Was that Tony Blair MD an expert in epidemiology  or Tony Blair WMD?

The figure of 91%  and 95% are coming from a pharma corporation Pfizer which also happens to have a criminal record. They were first to come up with the 95% claim, so it could be expected the other drug companies are compelled not to deviate too far from that 95% figure, what would the shareholders say?
That 95% figure comes from a controlled trial, the real world will provide a different challenge of efficacy and the real world is a different challenge. Not only have you got an uncontrolled mass of people who are now trialing themselves for the vaccine (it is not yet a scientifically proven medical treatment)  but the vaccine will have to be able deal with the vagaries of nature, aka evolution - a natural adaption alteration of the virus structure. If this vaccine follows the record of previous  flu type virus vaccines , that claimed 95% efficacy in the real world will probably drop to claimed levels of  60 -70% efficacy.

whitegoodman

No Tony Blair prime minister.  Think is a cousin of those boys you mentioned though.

imtommygunn

Don't you mean big pharma corporation ms. You have to get the lingo right for the optics ;D

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Main Street on December 23, 2020, 09:20:15 PMThe figure of 91%  and 95% are coming from a pharma corporation Pfizer which also happens to have a criminal record.

So are you saying the 91% is wrong, the 95% is wrong, or both are wrong?

... and what does it say about those independent parties involve in carrying out the tests and certifying the results?
i usse an speelchekor

whitegoodman

I don't think he really knows what he is saying so what chance have the rest of us.

ONeill

Is it right that one dose is 91% compared to the 95% for 2 doses ?  Tony Blair was saying today to forget about the second dose and give more people one dose.  If the above figures are right it would make sense.

91% and 95% what?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on December 23, 2020, 06:20:31 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 23, 2020, 03:51:15 PM
Absolutely armaghniac, but we must acknowledge that people are going to go wild again when we open up and numbers will rise as so.

Just by it's nature, this 6 week one is going to take a big, big toll on people. I hope this is the last one for us all. But I'm not confident. I think it would be foolish of us to think everyone is going to abide by the rules, but hopefully, if 90% do, we'll see 90% results.

90% is nowhere near enough. Even 2 or 3 people f**kin about could potentially have catastrophic consequences.

You would have to be hugely naive if you think full compliance is likely though. Look at the tweets directed at Robin Swann over past few days for example. On that area I have to say the upcoming "curfew" being implemented has seen a lot of spirit lost, people don't like to be punished, especially when the fact is the very high 90 odd percent of people are not contributors whatsoever to this virus. That's what the feeling really is now.

There is no doubt there'll be NYE parties etc. The police will have powers to stop those, but it remains to be seen if the police have a leg to stand on if you are outside after 2000 on boxing day. I would imagine there isn't enough time to have that fully legislated.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 23, 2020, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: Main Street on December 23, 2020, 09:20:15 PMThe figure of 91%  and 95% are coming from a pharma corporation Pfizer which also happens to have a criminal record.

So are you saying the 91% is wrong, the 95% is wrong, or both are wrong?

... and what does it say about those independent parties involve in carrying out the tests and certifying the results?
All getting kickbacks or didnt you know?

trailer

If big pharma is Phizer and AstraZenca? What is small pharma? Is it some wee lad mixing gear in Belfast or Dublin?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on December 24, 2020, 10:17:36 AM
If big pharma is Phizer and AstraZenca? What is small pharma? Is it some wee lad mixing gear in Belfast or Dublin?

Small pharma is performed in sheds along the Armagh/Louth/Monaghan border   ;) ;D
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 24, 2020, 04:22:18 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 24, 2020, 10:17:36 AM

Small pharma is performed in sheds along the Armagh/Louth/Monaghan border   ;) ;D

Very profitable too I hear
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seaney

Quote from: Main Street on December 23, 2020, 09:20:15 PM
Was that Tony Blair MD an expert in epidemiology  or Tony Blair WMD?

The figure of 91%  and 95% are coming from a pharma corporation Pfizer which also happens to have a criminal record. They were first to come up with the 95% claim, so it could be expected the other drug companies are compelled not to deviate too far from that 95% figure, what would the shareholders say?
That 95% figure comes from a controlled trial, the real world will provide a different challenge of efficacy and the real world is a different challenge. Not only have you got an uncontrolled mass of people who are now trialing themselves for the vaccine (it is not yet a scientifically proven medical treatment)  but the vaccine will have to be able deal with the vagaries of nature, aka evolution - a natural adaption alteration of the virus structure. If this vaccine follows the record of previous  flu type virus vaccines , that claimed 95% efficacy in the real world will probably drop to claimed levels of  60 -70% efficacy.

Never doubted my mate. ;D

Eire90

This Northern Ireland Curfew seems to be a load of nonsense i bet there will be shops open tonight after 8pm by default they should be closed and how can they enforce it if they wont be patrolling housing estates.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on December 26, 2020, 11:07:49 AM
This Northern Ireland Curfew seems to be a load of nonsense i bet there will be shops open tonight after 8pm by default they should be closed and how can they enforce it if they wont be patrolling housing estates.

They are looking to open on Friday nights only.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea