An odd request

Started by gerrykeegan, October 16, 2007, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

I have googled it endlessly and have no joy, does anyone know how I would find out if the 3rd of November  1997 was a bank holiday in the Republic?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ziggysego

Not relevant, but found this when looking for you Gerry.

Thought it was interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_calendar
Testing Accessibility

el_cuervo_fc

don't forget st paddys day is on the 15th of march this year

Snowed Under

Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 16, 2007, 03:00:50 PM
I have googled it endlessly and have no joy, does anyone know how I would find out if the 3rd of November  1997 was a bank holiday in the Republic?

Looks like the 27th October 1997 was the bank Holiday - can't see there being two in a row.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/ireland/1997/1024/archive.97102400007.html

Bogball XV

last monday in October is always the bank holiday.

Snowed Under

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 16, 2007, 03:52:00 PM
last monday in October is always the bank holiday.

Ta I knew that but thought it may have been different in 97 as per the initial post hence the posted link.

gerrykeegan

Now I am rightly fucked. Ok new request. Was anyone in Zanzibar pub Dublin (real not Cyber Space Pub) friday the 24th Of October or Friday the 31st of October 1997.In the haze I figure there was a bank holiday involved.  I need to know was I there cause the girl i shifted that night is my girlfriend and it will be 10 years soon and she is damn sure going to know. I have been told that I resemble Daniel Craig. (by my mam)

cavan4ever

10 years is it not time you married her.   :D

gerrykeegan

Good things come to those who wait!

Bogball XV

Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 16, 2007, 03:58:16 PM
Now I am rightly fucked. Ok new request. Was anyone in Zanzibar pub Dublin (real not Cyber Space Pub) friday the 24th Of October or Friday the 31st of October 1997.In the haze I figure there was a bank holiday involved.  I need to know was I there cause the girl i shifted that night is my girlfriend and it will be 10 years soon and she is damn sure going to know. I have been told that I resemble Daniel Craig. (by my mam)
I don't think Zanzibar had opened in 97, I think it didn't open until about a year later??

Dungiven Sur

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 16, 2007, 03:24:30 PM

Is it? why??

Orior

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 16, 2007, 03:24:30 PM

You mean next year :)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerrykeegan

Your messing with me head now Bogball!

Bogball XV

Not sure Gerry, Pravda was open then, but I get the feeling Zanzibar wasn't open then - I'm probably wrong, but.......

ludermor

it very close alright, i was working on the hotpress hall of fame at the time and it was for the same owner as zanzibar. It opened while we were on the hotpress job