County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

Again excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what exactly happened between McGuinness & Gallagher??
Whats the beef

vallankumous

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 03, 2017, 01:48:57 PM
Again excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what exactly happened between McGuinness & Gallagher??
Whats the beef

I don't know but if my boss fecked off to Scotland and left me to do his job and my own i'd be annoyed.

Syferus

Quote from: vallankumous on August 03, 2017, 01:55:28 PM
Whats the beef

I don't know but if my boss fecked off to Scotland and left me to do his job and my own i'd be annoyed.

It doesn't help if you're a bit of a p***k on top of it.

vallankumous

Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2017, 01:57:16 PM

It doesn't help if you're a bit of a p***k on top of it.

I'm a nice guy.

J70

Whats the beef

According to both, they just started to have different opinions over various issues in 2013. It happens, especially when things aren't running so smoothly.

I think the conflict is over how exactly the end came - did McGuinness sack him or did Gallagher quit?

5 Sams

Kevin Cassidy doesnt mess about in his GL article today. Said McGuinness would never have won the AI without Rory.
The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 03, 2017, 04:53:32 PM
Kevin Cassidy doesnt mess about in his GL article today. Said McGuinness would never have won the AI without Rory.

I think he easily would have.

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Cunny Funt

Syferus

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 03, 2017, 06:36:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 03, 2017, 12:42:16 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Carew staying on
bad news for Sligo
terrible news

Losing to Sligo in 2015 might just have done more damage to them than winning the match would have. Tough luck.

omagh_gael

Kevin's view would be, understandably, jaundiced by his own treatment by McGuinness. Did anyone hear Rory's interview on Newstalk? Didn't give away a whole pile and wasn't going to dump on Jimmy. Basically boiled down to McGuinness wanted total control over the setup and Rory disagreed.

rrhf

Declan Bonner will bring a level headedness to the whole set up.

PW Nally

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 03, 2017, 11:26:15 PM

Kevin's view would be, understandably, jaundiced by his own treatment by McGuinness. Did anyone hear Rory's interview on Newstalk? Didn't give away a whole pile and wasn't going to dump on Jimmy. Basically boiled down to McGuinness wanted total control over the setup and Rory disagreed.
Rory lives and works in Killybegs, only one winner if he takes on the messiah Jim.

rrhf

It must be a terrible thing coming in after a big fish or legendary figure. Everyone is waiting for your fall half are trying to assist it and when it fails in general people think ye didn't have a clue as if ye were on some ego driven crusade.  Cruel luck befalls the follower. You would have to feel sorry for them. Life not fair.

Possible Examples: Mickey Moran, Paul grimly, Chris Evans, RG, jack o Connor. Gordon brown, biffo, Arlene and Michelle, David moyes,

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 03, 2017, 06:43:41 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 03, 2017, 06:36:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 03, 2017, 12:42:16 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Carew staying on
bad news for Sligo
terrible news
Pure lack of ambition from the Sligo county board by keeping Carew on.

Absolutely. Saves them the job of looking for a manager so that's why they stuck with him. That's the absolute truth, you couldn't make it up. I'm very disappointed because for the first time in a while we have some good young players and could be a semi decent side with good management. This man is a pure clown who has no track record and is mainly interested in going on the beer.