Refugees

Started by Mayo4Sam14, September 03, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finbar o tool

Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2015, 12:31:47 AM
Quote from: finbar o tool on September 13, 2015, 12:20:53 AM
"Scrounge out my pocket" is fairly accurate, is it not?! I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, €6000 per taxpayer? And that will only rise.
Yes. If you don't have 6000 euro in your account, they are putting you in the red. Refugees, piss off and die.

"Refugees"

Some people cant help but buy into the picture the media paint!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

finbar o tool

Super, another famine quote! Of course this is quite different though, Irish people got to other countries and worked their asses off for f**k all to survive. Cant see that happening in this case!

macdanger2

"Scrounge out my pocket" is fairly accurate, is it not?! I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, €6000 per taxpayer? And that will only rise.

Not sure why I'm wasting my time engaging with you but what would you rather happen these refugees??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 13, 2015, 01:12:24 AM

Not sure why I'm wasting my time engaging with you but what would you rather happen these refugees??
Part of the common perception is that they are travelling through many safe countries to get to the UK and Ireland. As their initial goal was to flee persecution and reach safety, many are questioning why this is. Better welfare conditions?

macdanger2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2015, 01:19:13 AM

Part of the common perception is that they are travelling through many safe countries to get to the UK and Ireland. As their initial goal was to flee persecution and reach safety, many are questioning why this is. Better welfare conditions?

You say that as if the UK / Ireland is the main destination for refugees, IT'S NOT!!!

Although to answer your question, for many, yes although apparently the UK isn't the honey pot it's media make it out to be - benefits in France are equal if not better.  Other considerations are family (think of Boston, Chicago, new York) and language also

Tony Baloney

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 13, 2015, 01:27:16 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2015, 01:19:13 AM

You say that as if the UK / Ireland is the main destination for refugees, IT'S NOT!!!

Although to answer your question, for many, yes although apparently the UK isn't the honey pot it's media make it out to be - benefits in France are equal if not better.  Other considerations are family (think of Boston, Chicago, new York) and language also
It makes no odds to me but this is what is being used by many people to question the motives of the refugees. Due to the numbers it makes sense to spread the load across all of Europe.

foxcommander

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 12, 2015, 11:45:05 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 12, 2015, 09:59:52 AM
Quote from: Itchy on September 11, 2015, 06:14:25 PM
I think I speak for the majority when I say  foxcommander I hope you die roaring you horrible ****.

I think you presume too much on who you speak for.

Agree with Gallsman. Seen an article on facebook today about the 1000 or so people that took to the streets today to welcome the refugees and fight for more of them to be taken in to the country! The vast majority of the hundreds of comments on the article were against it.
The one line that stuck with me from the whole article above by GHD was this - "All they want is to start a better life in the UK(im sure Ireland would do just fine either), that is the one goal uniting everyone". This tells us that these are not people just trying to get themselves to safety, and then return home when its safe again. This tells us that they are looking for an easy way into a country where they can get benefits and settle down for the rest of their lives.
Its the kind of thing the country wont regret until its too late.
Anyway, it doesnt matter what any of us think about the whole situation, we have no say in it! Its happening!

One of my major concerns about this mass migration is background checks on all those who are fleeing. While I'm sure there is a sizeable number who are genuine in their plight there will always be those who jump on the bandwagon and screw it up for the rest.

Now have those who are leaving Africa/middle east/asia all got some sort background history (sex offenders/murderers/other) to check on or is it a "y'all come on in" attitude?

I'd use the UK as an example of integration done badly if not thought out properly...which is probably beyond the comprehension of any irish government. IF they don't start getting it right you'll end up with no-go areas and campaigns for sharia law..not sure if Kenny has the backbone to turn down that request :D

If people are genuine about getting out of danger then I don't see why temporary visas until certain conflicts are resolved aren't the way to go. Then resolve the issues in the host country diplomatically (or by force, depending on the situation). everything else just seems like opportunism to use a conflict as an excuse.
But there are those out there who can't see how they will be screwing up countries for future generations for the sake of giving themselves a pat on the back and feeling smug right now. I fail to see any positives in all of this.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

macdanger2

Quote from: foxcommander on September 13, 2015, 05:45:46 AM
I think I speak for the majority when I say  foxcommander I hope you die roaring you horrible ****.

Agree with Gallsman. Seen an article on facebook today about the 1000 or so people that took to the streets today to welcome the refugees and fight for more of them to be taken in to the country! The vast majority of the hundreds of comments on the article were against it.
The one line that stuck with me from the whole article above by GHD was this - "All they want is to start a better life in the UK(im sure Ireland would do just fine either), that is the one goal uniting everyone". This tells us that these are not people just trying to get themselves to safety, and then return home when its safe again. This tells us that they are looking for an easy way into a country where they can get benefits and settle down for the rest of their lives.
Anyway, it doesnt matter what any of us think about the whole situation, we have no say in it! Its happening!

One of my major concerns about this mass migration is background checks on all those who are fleeing. While I'm sure there is a sizeable number who are genuine in their plight there will always be those who jump on the bandwagon and screw it up for the rest.

Now have those who are leaving Africa/middle east/asia all got some sort background history (sex offenders/murderers/other) to check on or is it a "y'all come on in" attitude?

I'd use the UK as an example of integration done badly if not thought out properly...which is probably beyond the comprehension of any irish government. IF they don't start getting it right you'll end up with no-go areas and campaigns for sharia law..not sure if Kenny has the backbone to turn down that request :D

If people are genuine about getting out of danger then I don't see why temporary visas until certain conflicts are resolved aren't the way to go. Then resolve the issues in the host country diplomatically (or by force, depending on the situation). everything else just seems like opportunism to use a conflict as an excuse.
But there are those out there who can't see how they will be screwing up countries for future generations for the sake of giving themselves a pat on the back and feeling smug right now. I fail to see any positives in all of this.

So you're happy enough to welcome these refugees so long as it's on a temporary basis until their own country is safe??

Itchy

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 12, 2015, 11:56:46 PM

You read "start a better life" yet you seem to understand "scrounge out of my pocket".

That's the problem with nationalism, you feel fraternity with people who are born in the same country as you regardless of their character but you fear those from elsewhere regardless of the type of person

Very well put mc danger. I'd hazard a guess that 5% of the population of this country that were born and bred here have no intention to work and happily scrounge of the state as the latest xenophobic poster said.

I would also expect a lot of these refugees do wish to go home one day when their country is more stable. Put the shoe on the other foot, imagine you had to put sticks with the family and one suitcase and move to a Muslim country and be met with the Muslim equivalent of foxcommander and Fintan the tool. I truly find it astonishing the selfish ugly attitude of some Irish people who Seem to have the memory of goldfish (no offence to goldfish who never did anyone any harm)

dferg

They are prepared to put there kids in an overcrowded dingy and attempt to cross the Mediterranean.  That should be a fairly clear indication they are coming from somewhere fairly grim.

finbar o tool

Xenophobic?! Its a nice fancy word there itchy but its just utter bullshit, i dont hate all foreigners!
Oh im sure you're right, im sure these "refugees" cant wait to get home, im sure they will get the same benefits at home as they would here or elsewhere in europe!
Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot the people of Syria and Afghanistan would put up welcome banners and march the streets screaming for more of us to come!  ;D
Anyone know why the majority of arab countries are doing absolutely nothing about these "refugees"??

macdanger2

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 13, 2015, 10:41:13 AM
Anyone know why the majority of arab countries are doing absolutely nothing about these "refugees"??

I've heard this argument a few times recently, perhaps you should have a look and see which countries have already taken hundreds of thousands of refugees, it would do no harm to educate yourself on a few facts of the situation. Start by having a look at how many Syrian refugees are in Lebanon

Itchy

Xenophobic?! Its a nice fancy word there itchy but its just utter bullshit, i dont hate all foreigners!
Oh im sure you're right, im sure these "refugees" cant wait to get home, im sure they will get the same benefits at home as they would here or elsewhere in europe!
Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot the people of Syria and Afghanistan would put up welcome banners and march the streets screaming for more of us to come!  ;D

Finbarr the tool, On what basis to you make the assumption these people are coming for benefits. That is xenophobia, if you are too stupid to understand that then go back to school. By the way, do you know where most migrants in Ireland come from? Are you in favour of send them back where they came from?

finbar o tool

Xenophobia is the fear of foreigners getting benefits is it?!  ::) and im the one that should go back to school?!
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 13, 2015, 11:26:20 AM

I've heard this argument a few times recently, perhaps you should have a look and see which countries have already taken hundreds of thousands of refugees, it would do no harm to educate yourself on a few facts of the situation. Start by having a look at how many Syrian refugees are in Lebanon
Im actually talking about Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, in general these are wealthy, close-by countries who are doing sweet f**k all to help! But Ireland will!! Lets Give ourselves a big pat on the back there! Enda Kenny the saviour!!

Itchy

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 13, 2015, 02:43:44 PM
Xenophobia is the fear of foreigners getting benefits is it?!  ::) and im the one that should go back to school?!
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 13, 2015, 11:26:20 AM

Im actually talking about Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, in general these are wealthy, close-by countries who are doing sweet f**k all to help! But Ireland will!! Lets Give ourselves a big pat on the back there! Enda Kenny the saviour!!

You should go back to school and learn to read, where did I define what xenophobia was. You clearly fear foreigners though. When you go back to school and learn to read I suggest you start with some history books. The words are very small in some of them and there probably aren't many pictures but stick at it and it will enlighten you