FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

I'm a Blues & ROI fan & as much as it grieves me Fahey isn't an international player. Doyle has been unlucky in that he has had Ben Foster & Joe Harte in front of him for the past couple of seasons.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

angermanagement

Should Kevin Doyle not be worried about his place for the Euros ? His form over the last year or so has been awful both at club and international level. Walters, Long and Best imo would be better options to bring but can't see Trap dropping him.

Clown

I agree, but Trap doesn't take club form into consideration at all it seems

Long and Walters have had brilliant seasons so far

Applesisapples

Bottom line is that out of Trap's favourite strikers only Keane is a consistent threat, Long, Doyle, Best are not prolific. Stokes should be there as like Keane he has a nose for goal.

ludermor

He has only scored goals in the Scottish league...........

Main Street

Who would you drop from the queue of 6
Keane, Doyle, Long, Walters, Cox and Best
to accommodate  the inclusion of Stokes into the reckoning?
Assuming he wouldn't be too tired to join up with the squad and considering he hasn't any competitive experience with the team, hasn't demonstrated and also hasn't been able to demonstrate any competence at international level and considering all the others have taken their turns and played to the required standard expected.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ludermor on January 19, 2012, 12:27:23 PM
He still scores goals, some of which are top drawer.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2012, 01:40:47 PM
Who would you drop from the queue of 6
Keane, Doyle, Long, Walters, Cox and Best
to accommodate  the inclusion of Stokes into the reckoning?
Assuming he wouldn't be too tired to join up with the squad and considering he hasn't any competitive experience with the team, hasn't demonstrated and also hasn't been able to demonstrate any competence at international level and considering all the others have taken their turns and played to the required standard expected.
Either Doyle or Best, but outside of Keane we have no prolific scorers. When Keane's off form we rely on midfield for scores.

thewobbler

Anthony Stokes has never done anything to suggest he should be contention. Awful player with a bad attitude.

ludermor

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 20, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
only in the scottish league, he has scored the grand total of 3 goals in 36 premiership appearances and a miserable 1 goals in 25 appearances in the championship. Id sooner have David Connolly back rather than Stokes.

Clown

Stokes was a wayward youngster when he last played in England
He has by his own admission, and Lennons, knuckled down and improved drastically this past few seasons. Always had the talent, just didnt work hard enough

I dont think he has any chance of going to the euros, he had his chance and didnt bother turning up, Cox did turn up and impressed. Ability wise however i dont think theres much between him, Best and Cox, Stokes could turn out far better than the other two if he keeps improving.

People think if you score a goal in the english premier league all of a sudden your a superstar and must start in the Ireland team

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ludermor on January 20, 2012, 11:39:32 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 20, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
only in the scottish league, he has scored the grand total of 3 goals in 36 premiership appearances and a miserable 1 goals in 25 appearances in the championship. Id sooner have David Connolly back rather than Stokes.

In fairness when he had a couple of appearances for Arsenal he was only 17 I think and even at Sunderland he was only 18/19. Still a kid bascially.

He's matured a lot since then but I think he'll always be held back a certain amount at the very top level by his lack of pace.

Applesisapples

When you look at some of the paceless clowns with less ability that Trap picks you just wonder.

High Wide and Handsome

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2012/0127/duffys_everton_ireland.html

Your young fella Shane Duffy is going well. A big push from him this season should see him in Poland. He can play anywhere across the back which is always an added benefit.
"Swing er over!"