Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

parttimeexile

Boondock Saints is a good show. Seen it a few years ago but liked it a lot.

Gabriel_Hurl

Of the ones released here lately

30 days of Night is shite.
We are the Night with Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Wahlberg is good
The Game Plan is alright

pintsofguinness

are there any recomendations for over Christmas because according to the TV guide there isn't much on!

I watched "We are Marshall" there - very good but probably one of the most depressing films I've ever seen. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 22, 2007, 04:19:16 PM
are there any recomendations for over Christmas because according to the TV guide there isn't much on!

I watched "We are Marshall" there - very good but probably one of the most depressing films I've ever seen. 

You must have loved it then pog. I am surprised you didnt star in it if it was that depressing. :D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: stew on December 22, 2007, 05:15:02 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 22, 2007, 04:19:16 PM

You must have loved it then pog. I am surprised you didnt star in it if it was that depressing. :D

At least it portrayed the cold harsh reality of the world and not some flowery shite that you usually get on the TV this time of year.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Dinny Breen

The Lives of Others, could not recommend enough, a gem of a movie...
#newbridgeornowhere

The Claw

Quote from: corn02 on October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM
Following on from movies that you love or hate anyone have any films that we may not have seen and can suggest we watch.

For those who like true story films like Coach Carter I say get Invincible, great show.
Invincible - quality film!!

corn02

Indeed Invincible is excellent as is We Are Marshall. Matthew McConaguey (sp?) was surprisingly excellent in it.

Watched shatterred glass last night, very very good.

magickingdom

Quote from: The Claw on December 22, 2007, 05:32:59 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM
Following on from movies that you love or hate anyone have any films that we may not have seen and can suggest we watch.

For those who like true story films like Coach Carter I say get Invincible, great show.
Invincible - quality film!!

just saw it last week - very good

Carmen Stateside

I am Legend  Will Smith brilliant film! :)

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 23, 2007, 12:29:23 PM
agreed Rav. The film I most want to see right now. Looked up a couple of clips on youtube there. 'What the f**k are you looking at?' 'At you, you ****!!!' All the local drug dealers shiteing themselves!!

Good show, class line!

I'd really reccomend Old Boy(Korean) & Switchblade Romance(French) - Don't let the subtitles put you off guys, I was told to watch them & was worried bout the subtitles - 2 class shows!  ;)

Lecale2

Has No Country for Old men been shown in Belfast yet?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 16, 2008, 11:42:47 AM
Has No Country for Old men been shown in Belfast yet?

There were previews last week end - think it opens this week end.