Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 06, 2021, 09:32:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2021, 08:46:27 PM
Paul Mescal winning a BAFTA! Fair play lad

and him only a normal person.

And that came across completely during his acceptance speech
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

This needed to be in TV Recommendations.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 06, 2021, 10:29:00 PM
This needed to be in TV Recommendations.  ;)

What does BAFTA stand for?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Got around to watching El Camino last night.
Not bad....even though it took me a while to remember what had happened in the lead up to the conclusion of Breaking Bad.

gallsman

In The Heights ain't Hamilton but it's absolutely brilliant. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a wizard. If you've seen/know Hamilton you can instantly recognise his fingerprints all over it.

lurganblue

Escape from Pretoria - was ok in parts but mostly it did my head in.  The amount of wee torturous scenes as the guys were experimenting with escape issues... I suppose that's the suspense they were going for but for me it was over done.

Gabriel_Hurl

Looking forward to this - The Sopranos sequel - The Many Saints of Newark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHa95iy2lF0

Jeepers Creepers

bennydorano

Spent the last 3 nights rewatching The Godfather movies. I remember when GF3 come out and thought it was pretty good. Having watched the 3 in quick succession again - GF3 is muck in comparison.

thewobbler

Three was a horrible movie.

Instead of telling a story, it seemed as though the movie was set up as a series of scenes to pay homage to, while trying to outdo, the originals. Too big. Too noisy. Too many over the top speeches. Trying too hard.

Which is where it was really at odds with one, in which the action and dialogue was really quite understated and believable, with colour and music used to join those scenes together.

An Watcher

Godfather, fantastic although not a patch on the book.
Just finished Official Secrets on Netflix.  Excellent show

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: An Watcher on July 27, 2021, 11:13:46 PM
Godfather, fantastic although not a patch on the book.
Just finished Official Secrets on Netflix.  Excellent show

That Official Secrets was very good. I had heard nothing about it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

charlieTully

Rewatched blood diamond last night. Brilliant 👏.

J70

Quote from: bennydorano on July 27, 2021, 09:23:20 PM
Spent the last 3 nights rewatching The Godfather movies. I remember when GF3 come out and thought it was pretty good. Having watched the 3 in quick succession again - GF3 is muck in comparison.

Its by far the worst of the three, with big problems with the story and some questionable acting, but I still enjoyed it overall. Not every film has to be a masterpiece. And it did have some really good performances and memorable lines.

bennydorano

Andy Garcia / Sofia Coppolla really doesn't work. I can remember Sofia Coppolla getting stick for her performance (& the accusations of nepotism) at the time, again at the time, I didn't think she was too bad, but watching again - she ain't good! Garcia isn't great either in what was an absolute gift of a role. Hammy stuff at times. Were 1 & 2 were original and trend setting, 3 somehow manages to be a cliche. Maybe too much time passed between 2 & 3 and the Genre had really moved on.