Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 07, 2018, 01:46:28 PM
Pogba needs a Roy Keane, [the player], type figure there to keep him focussed. There would be less haircuts. media interviews and dance celebrations and more focus on winning games if he had someone alongside him who had that drive.  United just do not have that type of player in their ranks any more.

No team has that type of player anymore. That's what is seriously lacking in today's game. On and off the field.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Boycey on September 07, 2018, 12:25:57 PM
I don't follow the constant explosive media narrative too closely anymore but I did read a post on another forum from a guy who's view I'd trust that the actual commentd aren't exactly as is being portrayed..

Anyway isn't there a much more incendiary story doing the rounds today?
Stick up a link there till we all get a read of this United ITK

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 07, 2018, 10:38:30 PM
I don't follow the constant explosive media narrative too closely anymore but I did read a post on another forum from a guy who's view I'd trust that the actual commentd aren't exactly as is being portrayed..

Is it the one with the keeper with good hands great positional sense and a hit with the ladies?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2018, 11:35:10 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 07, 2018, 10:38:30 PM

Is it the one with the keeper with good hands great positional sense and a hit with the ladies?
Eh  :o

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 07, 2018, 04:43:10 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 07, 2018, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 07, 2018, 01:46:28 PM
Pogba needs a Roy Keane, [the player], type figure there to keep him focussed. There would be less haircuts. media interviews and dance celebrations and more focus on winning games if he had someone alongside him who had that drive.  United just do not have that type of player in their ranks any more.

He needs a manager/coach that can manage/coach. Not a tactician. He seemed to do fine with France during the summer and at Juventus.

You cannot blame him for everything that goes wrong with the club, Pogba is mature enough to know how to play the game yet he still makes the same mistakes mostly in his own half of the pitch. The lad has enormous talent and should be one of the best players in the world but he isn't.

No - can't blame him for everything that goes wrong at the club but clearly the performances of the players and the team are something to do with him. In this case you have a player who was playing very inconsistently and patchily since he arrived. Mourinho lauded him constantly despite the evidence in front of our faces (I seem to remember being in a small majority of Pogba critics back then). Then for some reason he started criticising the lad. Last summer then he plays like the rolls royce he can be as his team romp to the World Cup. Now he's back looking like a square peg in a round hole. And Mourinho doesn't deserve at the very least a lot of scrutiny on it?

Loyalty is a commendable trait. Misguided loyalty is dangerous though. Mourinho deserves no loyalty from any United supporter. He's not a United man and never will be. This isn't letting the owners and their chief bottle washer off the hook - there's no argument on those toads.

GJL

Shaw carried off tonight with what looks like a serious injury. The lad has no luck.

Carmen Stateside

Found this half way down third page.  Were have all the United fans gone? Maybe its the Mourinho effect.

OgraAnDun

Always quiet when Utd are winning.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: OgraAnDun on September 19, 2018, 09:41:30 PM
Always quiet when Utd are winning.
Yes it seems this thread only comes to life for United defeats.

Boycey

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 19, 2018, 09:37:16 PM
Found this half way down third page.  Were have all the United fans gone? Maybe its the Mourinho effect.

It's the Seanie effect  ;)

Minder

It seems all part of a wider conspiracy
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DuffleKing

Early days but Dalot looked quality for a 19 year old on debut.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on September 19, 2018, 09:57:50 PM

Ya. I'm stopping everyone writing about all the great stuff that's happening.  ::)

Crucial result last night in the context of a sticky enough group. Rashford and Martial starting together - more of this please.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 20, 2018, 01:20:11 PM

Ya. I'm stopping everyone writing about all the great stuff that's happening.  ::)

Crucial result last night in the context of a sticky enough group. Rashford and Martial starting together - more of this please.

How effective did you think they played?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 20, 2018, 01:20:11 PM

The prosecution rests your honour  ;D