The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

The Sid and Trudy show  was the best bit of theatre on the Stop the Steal tour.
I see Fox News has gone up a hysteria gear,  Biden is coming  - red alert!!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: rrhf on November 23, 2020, 06:49:51 PM
What have the people behind and smarter than trump have up their sleeve with all this ridiculous amateur bullshit smokescreen. What's really happening America?

Trump was a frequent flyer in courtrooms. He'd tie people up with endless (often pointless) lawsuits to the point where they'd give up. He probably thinks he can do the same with American democracy. It would explain why so many of his suits are being thrown out for lack of any evidence. I hear the plan is to delay the certification process so that he can trip a constitutional loophole that lets the House vote on the outcome of the election with voting weighted by state, which would give the Rethuglicans a voting majority even though they're in a minority.

More here: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/columnists/nolan-finley/2020/11/19/trump-game-plan-invalidating-election-holding-presidency/6350322002/

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2020, 07:31:00 PMI see Fox News has gone up a hysteria gear,  Biden is coming  - red alert!!

Jell 0 Biafra

Nothing for Hilary so?   Or is she just in charge of e-mail and PR?

sid waddell

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 23, 2020, 09:24:56 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2020, 07:31:00 PMI see Fox News has gone up a hysteria gear,  Biden is coming  - red alert!!

Ilhan Omar would be a very good pick for Homeland Security

Gabriel_Hurl

Finally - https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/transition-biden-gsa-begin/index.html

QuoteThe General Services Administration has informed President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from Administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.

The letter is the first step the administration has taken to acknowledge President Donald Trump's defeat, more than two weeks after Biden was declared the winner in the election. Murphy said she had not been pressured by the White House to delay the formal transition and did not make a decision "out of fear or favoritism."

"Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts," Murphy wrote. "I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official -- including those who work at the White House or GSA -- with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination."

The letter signals that Murphy has formally signed off on Biden's victory, a normally perfunctory process known as ascertainment. The move will allow the transition to officially begin, permitting current administration agency officials to coordinate with the incoming Biden team, and providing millions in government funding for the transition.

J70

;D

Fox getting desperate now as the hordes flee to the nether worlds of OAN and Newsmax.

Nothing like a healthy dose of Warren, Sanders and The Squad to scare the bejesus out of the old bigoted bastards and keep them onside.

Meanwhile, the Banana Republican Party continues with its "quest" to overturn the democratic wishes of the people.

Armamike

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 23, 2020, 08:58:34 PM
What have the people behind and smarter than trump have up their sleeve with all this ridiculous amateur bullshit smokescreen. What's really happening America?

Trump was a frequent flyer in courtrooms. He'd tie people up with endless (often pointless) lawsuits to the point where they'd give up. He probably thinks he can do the same with American democracy. It would explain why so many of his suits are being thrown out for lack of any evidence. I hear the plan is to delay the certification process so that he can trip a constitutional loophole that lets the House vote on the outcome of the election with voting weighted by state, which would give the Rethuglicans a voting majority even though they're in a minority.

More here: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/columnists/nolan-finley/2020/11/19/trump-game-plan-invalidating-election-holding-presidency/6350322002/

He's more bananas than I thought then.  If in some parallel universe he managed to pull this off I would expect the US would be ostracised by world leaders who simply wouldn't recognise this new dictatorship regime.
That's just, like your opinion man.

LCohen

If you ain't gonna win a Pulitzer you might as well go for an Emmy

LCohen

Quote from: Armamike on November 24, 2020, 02:29:41 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 23, 2020, 08:58:34 PM

He's more bananas than I thought then.  If in some parallel universe he managed to pull this off I would expect the US would be ostracised by world leaders who simply wouldn't recognise this new dictatorship regime.

You would like to think so but I'm not so confident.

Clearly world leaders would wish the US wasn't ran by a maniac but that is not the same as saying they would stand up to them if they were a maniac. US still wields a lot of power. Just like China.

That said when Biden shows up at international events they will be mighty glad to see him

Eamonnca1

WTF are they waffling about? Janet Yellen's getting the Treasury job.

Sanders wouldn't be Biden's pick for defense even if he were interested in the job, which he wouldn't be.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 24, 2020, 05:08:42 PM

WTF are they waffling about? Janet Yellen's getting the Treasury job.

Sanders wouldn't be Biden's pick for defense even if he were interested in the job, which he wouldn't be.

Biden is going down the technocrat route, but since when did reality matter to the right wing media?

dec

Trump has started on the pardons, Gen Flynn first, many more to come no doubt.

Eamonnca1

He'll probably pardon a boatload of random criminals in "liberal cities" in the hope that they'll burn the place to the ground.

armaghniac

What is going on the with the election? Biden odds are now 1.07 on Betfair and the same in Georgia. I understand that Georgia is having a recount, but they have already audited the ballots and I doubt if a recount will make much difference.  But something has moved the odds.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B