Who will win the 2024 Ulster title

Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

tiempo

The phrase 2 bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind  ::)

Applesisapples

Armagh need to beat Down first and that is never guaranteed especially with our track record for self harm. I don't think if we can get over them that we are good enough to beat either Derry or Donegal.

Derryman forever

JoG2

tbrick18

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 17, 2024, 03:13:10 PMWithout getting into the penalties argument. Still think if Derry were to beat us in normal/extra time it signifies a step back. If Derry have improved so much then why havent we? And if Donegal were to leapfrog us then thats a poor reflection for a team in really the first year of its rebuild.

Donegal were in the final 2 years ago and Derry just beat them.
They had a poor year last year with Murphy leaving and new management - but the ship has steadied and management is at a high level. I feel Donegal are getting back to where they were 2 years ago - which was already ahead of Armagh. That's why I'd be concerned about playing them this weekend.
Armagh could beat Derry/Donegal/Down, but I would be more confident from a Derry pov of playing Armagh than Donegal.

bennydorano

2 time penalty Kick champs, Fact. Vinny Corey had the decency to acknowledge it after Monaghan beat Armagh. Derry got the cups* tho.

Armamike

Quote from: JoG2 on April 16, 2024, 06:04:30 PM
Quote from: Armamike on April 16, 2024, 03:50:16 PMFrom Kieran taking over until the past 2 years Armagh struggled for years to get a win or two in the Ulster championship and that has been the most disappointing thing for me.  Not being able to beat teams they could/should have been beating over 6 or 7 years.  That's not all down to lack of underage success.  We have though improved markedly in terms of conditioning and tightened up a good bit at the back. Seem better organised these past 2 years but the question is still very much out on whether they can take the next step, i.e. get through tight games and win something or get further than a quarter final.

Not being disrespectful, but 2 very lop sided draws in '23 and' 24 surely helped?

Yes of course but my point was that Armagh couldn't beat any of these teams in previous years.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Tones

Quote from: bennydorano on April 17, 2024, 07:13:02 PM2 time penalty Kick champs, Fact. Vinny Corey had the decency to acknowledge it after Monaghan beat Armagh. Derry got the cups* tho.

Joyce called it out as well, two men with common sense, few Derry wans losing their minds here.

quit yo jibbajabba

You might wanna back that up with evidence Tones or risk being called a fool 😉

imtommygunn

Quote from: bennydorano on April 17, 2024, 07:13:02 PM2 time penalty Kick champs, Fact. Vinny Corey had the decency to acknowledge it after Monaghan beat Armagh. Derry got the cups* tho.

It wasn't penalties they beat Donegal on though?

Tones

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 17, 2024, 08:58:12 PMYou might wanna back that up with evidence Tones or risk being called a fool 😉

I posted the link it was deleted by not me.

Link

Armagh18

Quote from: Tones on April 17, 2024, 09:16:18 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 17, 2024, 08:58:12 PMYou might wanna back that up with evidence Tones or risk being called a fool 😉

I posted the link it was deleted by not me.

Link
Yeah I remember Joyce at the time saying it was no way to lose in fairness.

Tones

It is what it is but it's far from GAA as we all know it.

Armagh18

In fairness every time we were beat on penalties we should have had the game won so cant complain too much.