Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 05, 2018, 06:20:23 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 05, 2018, 06:12:46 PM
Huge performance from McQuillan, they couldn't have done it without him ignoring fouls that would have led to players being sent off.

Donegal literally scored after a double bounce. You're lucky it wasn't close in the end up or HQ would have had a real problem on their hands.

Since when has HQ taken action after games for a missed double bounce?? ::)

yellowcard

Tedious game to watch and I expect that Tyrone v Monaghan will be more of the same. Meyler will be a big blow for Tyrone and unless they thwart Beggans kick outs, I think Monaghan have a bit too much quality up front for them.

J70

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 05, 2018, 06:22:57 PM
Huge performance from McQuillan, they couldn't have done it without him ignoring fouls that would have led to players being sent off.

Yes you are right there McHugh should most definitely have bee black carded before putting Murphy through for the goal....Catch a grip McQuillan is a poor ref. but to suggest he favoured Tyrone is laughable.

There's eejits suggesting he favoured both sides. For McHugh, see Cavanagh. Like any ref in any game, he made questionable decisions, not helped by players dropping like they'd been shot. I don't think it favoured either team and definitely didn't affect the result.

Wildweasel74

Cavanagh def should seen a card when he took out a man not long after his first yellow but ref ignored as Donegal scored a point! Tyrone finished way stronger though, with Brennan at least starting the nxt day! I still haven't seen anything over the wkend to worry Dublin!

tyrone08

Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2018, 06:21:12 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 05, 2018, 05:33:25 PM
Joe mcquillan was a complete joke today. Never seen a more 1 sided display  in my life. Even the commentators asked how Donegal got a free at the end when colm was fouled.

Are you on the fuckin' windup?

First post and all!

Yes 1st post.....it happens when you post for the 1st time.

Mcquillian didn't black card McHugh which means Donegal wouldn't have scored the goal. He missed at least 1 if not 2 double hops which lead to scores. Last Donegal attach saw colm cavget fouled even commentators said it was a free out, mcquillian gave a free in. Please tell me what I have gotten wrong?

ONeill

That was as good a feeling in a long time. Humongous performance from Colm in the second half.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stringbean

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 05, 2018, 06:35:13 PM
Joe mcquillan was a complete joke today. Never seen a more 1 sided display  in my life. Even the commentators asked how Donegal got a free at the end when colm was fouled.

First post and all!

Mcquillian didn't black card McHugh which means Donegal wouldn't have scored the goal. He missed at least 1 if not 2 double hops which lead to scores. Last Donegal attach saw colm cavget fouled even commentators said it was a free out, mcquillian gave a free in. Please tell me what I have gotten wrong?

Your use of the English language?

J70

First post and all!

Cavanagh ( who had an enormous second half, and fair fucks to him) should have got black too. Donegal were not given a 20m free for a push in the back on Eoghan Ban which would have put us five points up, and there a few other questionable ones as well. That's the way it goes. But there's always fuckin gobshites on here who can't see past the end of their nose crying about referees, regardless of the circumstances. Not too many of them queuing up to do what is a very difficult job (with no replays available), however.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Throw ball

First post and all!

Without wanting to get into a debate as some Tyrone ones don't do reason. In my opinion the tackle you refer to from McHugh was not a black card. It has to be a deliberate trip. I thought it was accidental as he dived to tackle the ball. Obviously the referee thought the same. In the end his opinion is the only one that matters. Cavanagh was lucky not to be sent off. He initiated an incident for which he got a yellow and shortly after could have been black carded. The referee obviously felt the 2 incidents were not worthy of red.

McQuillan is not a great referee in my opinion but he did ok today. With so much gamesmanship in football at the minute the referee has an impossible job.

Rois

Quote from: ONeill on August 05, 2018, 06:41:41 PM
Uncharacteristic misses from Murphy.
That's the fault of that long grass in Ballybofey.

P Harte my MoM in second half, superb.

Jim Bob

Let me guess, you an Armagh man?

yellowcard

The histrionics and play acting was a joke today. Some of these Gaelic footballers should take a good look at themselves with the exaggeration and feigning injury. For a wannabe hard but Cavanagh does some amount of rolling on the turf but he's only one of many. Compared to the hurlingbthey are wimps.

tyrone08

Quote from: Throw ball on August 05, 2018, 06:45:08 PM

First post and all!

Without wanting to get into a debate as some Tyrone ones don't do reason. In my opinion the tackle you refer to from McHugh was not a black card. It has to be a deliberate trip. I thought it was accidental as he dived to tackle the ball. Obviously the referee thought the same. In the end his opinion is the only one that matters. Cavanagh was lucky not to be sent off. He initiated an incident for which he got a yellow and shortly after could have been black carded. The referee obviously felt the 2 incidents were not worthy of red.

McQuillan is not a great referee in my opinion but he did ok today. With so much gamesmanship in football at the minute the referee has an impossible job.

The linesmem highlighted it to the ref. They obviously thought it was a foul. I'm never said the ref wasnt poor to Donegal the difference was that his poor decisions from a Tyrone point of view led to Donegal scores. Colm should have been black carded but as it was a foul on McHugh I suspect the ref let him away as he knew McHugh should have been black carded in the 1st half.

It's bad when Joe and cooper are pointing out how bad the ref was after the match.

omagh_gael

Holy shiteballs that was good. McQuillan had a very poor game and was very harsh on us in the 1st half but we got away big time with Colm not getting black carded late in 2nd half. Over the course of the game neither team could say they got shafted, tbh.

The Tyrone conditioning is unreal, considering the run of games we've been on we had no right to be the team burning away in the last 15 yet that's what we did. Deadly, fecking deadly.

Finally, we can all have a cut off Mickey from time to time but by Jesus did he earn his corn today. That was some game management. He looked like the cat that got the cream at the end there, too.

Final point until later is on Lee Brennan. How good is it to see him cut loose? He has to start next day out and in that form I can see him giving Monaghan serious bother. Stick him and Bradley out on the wings and feed them ball low and in front and let them run like f**k towards the goal. They're totally wasted standing in round the square where theyve no room and marked by men with much bigger physiques.

Fair play to poaters like J70 etc. Always fair and balanced. With McBrearty back next year you will cause serious bother.