Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: greatpoint on August 01, 2018, 01:43:51 PM
Was it in Healy Park that Karl Lacey was spat on?

Ssssshhhhh that was Sky's fault!! :o :o

giveballaghback

I was in Healy park last year as I have been on a few occasions before and had great banter with the Tyrone supporters around me before during and after the game, all counties have a few assholes supporting them but just ignore them, they do not represent either their own county or the Irish people in general.

trueblue1234

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 01, 2018, 02:30:12 PM
I was in Healy park last year as I have been on a few occasions before and had great banter with the Tyrone supporters around me before during and after the game, all counties have a few assholes supporting them but just ignore them, they do not represent either their own county or the Irish people in general.

Ahh here, leave the Derry wans their bit of enjoyment trying to goad. T'is a long winter for them.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fuzzman

Conor McManus and Dean Rock  ;D

Can anyone here share with the rest of us the atmosphere at the Tyrone v Donegal games the last 4 or 5 years down in Ballybofey. I only made it to one and some of the stuff going on was pathetic. Grown men and women in their 50s and 60s and above shouting all sorts of stuff.

Anyway, I believe there are a HUGE number of Tyrone fans going to go down to the town anyway in buses just for the craic and to bring a big of colour to the dreary place like the Dubs did to Omagh.

Jinxy WTF, click on your profile and read previous posts and you'll probably shock yourself how often you have opinions on Tyrone threads as you don't have a team to follow yourself.

Sorry trueblue, you're right. Continue lads.

Tyrone top scorers for this championship
Skeet     2.32
Sludden  2.14
Harte      2.11
Richie     2.08
McShane 0.12
Burns      0.09
RON        1.05
Mattie      0.07
McKernan 1.04
Sparky     1.03
Meyler      1.02
Tiernan     0.04
Loughran  1.01

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2018, 03:06:21 PM
Conor McManus and Dean Rock  ;D

Can anyone here share with the rest of us the atmosphere at the Tyrone v Donegal games the last 4 or 5 years down in Ballybofey. I only made it to one and some of the stuff going on was pathetic. Grown men and women in their 50s and 60s and above shouting all sorts of stuff.

Anyway, I believe there are a HUGE number of Tyrone fans going to go down to the town anyway in buses just for the craic and to bring a big of colour to the dreary place like the Dubs did to Omagh.

Jinxy WTF, click on your profile and read previous posts and you'll probably shock yourself how often you have opinions on Tyrone threads as you don't have a team to follow yourself.

Sorry trueblue, you're right. Continue lads.

Tyrone top scorers for this championship
Skeet     2.32
Sludden  2.14
Harte      2.11
Richie     2.08
McShane 0.12
Burns      0.09
RON        1.05
Mattie      0.07
McKernan 1.04
Sparky     1.03
Meyler      1.02
Tiernan     0.04
Loughran  1.01

That wasn't me, that was Sky.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dlgael

I could share the respect given to Karl Lacey in 2013 as footballer of the year where he was spat on in the stand in Healy Park. I've yet to witness that low grade of behaviour from  a Donegal Gael and can assure you if I ever do the thug in question will get a good clip on the ear.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: In hiding on August 01, 2018, 12:46:51 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2018, 12:22:56 PM
If you were ever at a Donegal home game in the last few years you'd see how good of people they are.
The bile that comes from SOME of their mouths, even from women and men over a certain vintage is a disgrace.

But then again you would never experience that because ye just roll over and let them tickle your fat tummys like ye do with every other team now.
Ahh well. If it still brings ye some entertainment from afar then I don't begrudge you that.
Will ye have a yellow and green flag to wave or will you have the Derry shirt on watching it on Premier sports?
:-[

Anyway folks, back to the game.
Do you think Rory B will be in the team before McGeary.
It was good to see Loughran getting a bit of a run out this year. I see Skeet is the 3rd top scorer this year after Mansy and Roxy.

Who are mansy and roxy ?
Im guessing Conor McManus & Dean Rock?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

Many don't like bringing it up but I think if you're gonna bring up some nit wit spitting at a player like that then you have to bring up Cassidy's behaviour towards Peter Harte re Michaela. Some people just refuse to believe the story but I have heard several players say it is true.

Lets face it folks, Donegal were in Tyrone's shade for a long long time and even though they won an AI before we did, for years they felt we were the big guns in Ulster or at least the team to beat.
Then McGuinness came along and changed the mindset of the Donegal player first and then the fans.
They knew they had just as good if not better footballers than Tyrone and Armagh and so he instilled that wee bit of belief and harder edge that for too long they lacked.
Players like the 2 McGee brothers epitomized what the new "hardened"  Donegal team were like.
They stunned both Kerry and Cork in 2012 as both thought they knew what was coming but neither could stop it.

So if you are a "neutral" arm chair fan who hasn't been to any Donegal games in the last few years I think you might still think all Donegal fans and players will welcome you in with a wee cuppa tae and a friendly chat but the truth is far from that. For a good few years there Donegal were top dogs over Tyrone at least.

Some would say McQuillan will be out of his depth on Sunday trying to keep the lid on this game. He tends to easily influenced by the home support as we often see in Croker.

Will Mickey be naming the team tonight? I am expecting a surprise from him. Just to spice it up.

JoG2

Sounds like you won't be content until there's a running battle in Ballybofey

omaghjoe

Quote from: dlgael on August 01, 2018, 03:43:09 PM
I could share the respect given to Karl Lacey in 2013 as footballer of the year where he was spat on in the stand in Healy Park. I've yet to witness that low grade of behaviour from  a Donegal Gael and can assure you if I ever do the thug in question will get a good clip on the ear.

T'was bad alright I agree but if you cant find a support look at your managers behaviour a couple of years back.

omaghjoe

Quote from: JoG2 on August 01, 2018, 04:46:01 PM

Hasn't the annual Derry Senior Club Fued started yet to keep yous going?
Or maybe its all wrapped up, after all the county team has had no matches since June.

greatpoint

Some people here seem to be fairly worked up alright.

Therealdonald

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 01, 2018, 05:05:32 PM

Hasn't the annual Derry Senior Club Fued started yet to keep yous going?
Or maybe its all wrapped up, after all the county team has had no matches since June.

Can any county team hold their head high about matters like these? Happens everywhere. Donegal supporters are no worse nor better than our own. Now instead of concentrating on bulldung, can we talk about the actual match?

J70

FFS Tyronies... we've had whinging about the referee, Bonner, Ballybofey and now the Donegal supporters apparently being arseholes. The game is still four days away.

What are you going to be like if you lose?? God help us if McQuillan misses a free or blows for someone cleaning Ryan McHugh out of it!