Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: redhandefender on July 31, 2018, 02:52:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2018, 12:18:04 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on July 31, 2018, 09:35:13 AM
I think its a bit stupid for a game like this in a tiny ground that all other counties in ulster can avail of some tickets as well. You'll have people from Fermanagh and cavan etc there

I take it you were pushing for Tyrone to give up home advantage for the Dubs game and move the match to Clones to accommodate all the Cavan and Fermanagh supporters who were interested THAT day?

And in case you'd forgotten, Donegal have already played two away games.

Finally, we've had major whinging and crying for both Tyrone and Armagh supporters in the past when they had to come to Ballybofey, only for the games to fall well short of selling out.

What are you talking about you clown I never said it should be moved! I'm saying the tickets should be allocated to the 2 counties competing and in particular their club members. I know Fermanagh and cavan people who have tickets for this obtained through their county board!

Club members should have been catered for first and before general sale.

But, Ballybofey is a kip! Omagh has problems with flooding but is a good ground!

1. Calm the f**k down.
2. I misunderstood your post. My apologies for that. Your actual point is valid.
3. I've never had issues myself with Ballybofey (I take it you've never "enjoyed" Ballyshannon? :p), but each to their own.

omagh_gael

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2018, 05:10:56 PM
I think its a bit stupid for a game like this in a tiny ground that all other counties in ulster can avail of some tickets as well. You'll have people from Fermanagh and cavan etc there

I take it you were pushing for Tyrone to give up home advantage for the Dubs game and move the match to Clones to accommodate all the Cavan and Fermanagh supporters who were interested THAT day?

Finally, we've had major whinging and crying for both Tyrone and Armagh supporters in the past when they had to come to Ballybofey, only for the games to fall well short of selling out.

What are you talking about you clown I never said it should be moved! I'm saying the tickets should be allocated to the 2 counties competing and in particular their club members. I know Fermanagh and cavan people who have tickets for this obtained through their county board!

But, Ballybofey is a kip! Omagh has problems with flooding but is a good ground!

1. Calm the f**k down.
2. I misunderstood your post. My apologies for that. Your actual point is valid.
3. I've never had issues myself with Ballybofey (I take it you've never "enjoyed" Ballyshannon? :p), but each to their own.

Why would we calm down when everytime we go to that shithole we get shafted a the gate, the ground, the pitch and the ref

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 31, 2018, 05:28:57 PM

1. Calm the f**k down.

Why would we calm down when everytime we go to that shithole we get shafted a the gate, the ground, the pitch and the ref

;D

greatpoint

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 31, 2018, 05:28:57 PM

1. Calm the f**k down.

Is this a parody account?

trileacman

Christ there's some whinging nowadays. I've looked for ticket through the club but on the fair chance I don't get one I'll not be too annoyed because a) another good supporter has one, b) it has the makings of a turgid game,  c) every time I go to Ballybofey i get f**king soaked and d) it's on the telly.

Ballybofey is a shithole. So is Omagh. Clones and Armagh are top grounds, love them. Marshes, Brewster and kingspan are grand. Casement was shithole central when in operation. f**k I hated it.

Enough about tickets and who's pitch is less shit that the other guys. Can we talk football? Looks like Mc namee is out and that's a big loss. I'd have had him stuck to Murphy as he's fit to play at fb and at midfield if murph roams out. Looks like it'll be Hampsey to pick him up but there's a huge size differential there that worries me. Who'll pick up Mc Hugh? Mc cann is an option as he has the fitness to follow him anywhere but I'd probably stick Meyler on him. They'll obviously have men picking up Harte and matty. Hugh pat is probably our go to man marker now with ronan and cathal out. That's another issue but Brennan, who'll he likely pick up, is hardly the player to exploit it.

For all the talk of Donegal losing eoghan ban and Mc bearty it's likely the 2 Tyrone men those two would have been lining up against will not be fit to start (lee Brennan and Mc namee). Too much weight being placed in Donegal's "injury crisis" it is just as likely injuries have set Tyrone back as much as it has Donegal.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J70

I'd agree on Eoghan Ban, but McBrearty is a top, top player. Only comparable loss for us would be Murphy himself. Everyone else, McHugh included, can be replaced to some degree.

J70

Also agree on the game. It's going to be grim. Either 2016 or 2017 grim is possible, but horrible, nasty, petulant game followed by Tyrone win, IMO.

dlgael

I'm warming to the idea of a home win myself. Midfield will most likely be a quagmire. Patton in goal. At the back I reckon Eoghan Ban will play alongside McGee and McGrath with McGlynn, Brennan and R McHugh making up the back 6. McLoone and McFadden at MF with Thompson, Langan and Eamon Doherty behind McNiallais, Murphy and Jamie Brennan. This team can win in Ballybofey. The atmosphere will be right where it should be for an AIQF. Biggest home game in my living memory.

Baile an tuaigh

What is the craic with Lee Brennan? I read somewhere in one of the comments he was flying it at training. Can we expect to see him in the last twenty minutes or so?

trailer

McBreaty is a huge loss for Donegal. Be interesting to see the match ups with McHugh and Murphy. Would Harte sacrifice Colm to mark Murphy? Although I heard Cavanagh has been carrying a knock and not really trained.
Think Mattie Donnelly needs a big game. Been very quiet this year so far.

Therealdonald

Quote from: trileacman on July 31, 2018, 06:25:49 PM
Christ there's some whinging nowadays. I've looked for ticket through the club but on the fair chance I don't get one I'll not be too annoyed because a) another good supporter has one, b) it has the makings of a turgid game,  c) every time I go to Ballybofey i get f**king soaked and d) it's on the telly.

Ballybofey is a shithole. So is Omagh. Clones and Armagh are top grounds, love them. Marshes, Brewster and kingspan are grand. Casement was shithole central when in operation. f**k I hated it.

Enough about tickets and who's pitch is less shit that the other guys. Can we talk football? Looks like Mc namee is out and that's a big loss. I'd have had him stuck to Murphy as he's fit to play at fb and at midfield if murph roams out. Looks like it'll be Hampsey to pick him up but there's a huge size differential there that worries me. Who'll pick up Mc Hugh? Mc cann is an option as he has the fitness to follow him anywhere but I'd probably stick Meyler on him. They'll obviously have men picking up Harte and matty. Hugh pat is probably our go to man marker now with ronan and cathal out. That's another issue but Brennan, who'll he likely pick up, is hardly the player to exploit it.

For all the talk of Donegal losing eoghan ban and Mc bearty it's likely the 2 Tyrone men those two would have been lining up against will not be fit to start (lee Brennan and Mc namee). Too much weight being placed in Donegal's "injury crisis" it is just as likely injuries have set Tyrone back as much as it has Donegal.

Hampsey picked him up last year and kept him very quiet. Hampsey would be the same size as McNamee with a bit more strength/bulk, plus hes a better defender/footballer so thats the match up I wanted anyway. Think we can expect Meyler to pick up McHugh for definite. Can't see many surprises with Harte's team but I genuinely hope that either Burns or Colly Cav and McShane get the chop. The first two because with Murphy out the field and no McBrearty we don't need the cover, secondly McShane because he's too inconsistent and I'd rather see Brennan in there.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dlgael on July 31, 2018, 07:29:45 PM
I'm warming to the idea of a home win myself...

Which is probably more confident than Jim Mc Guinness is since he didn't mention it at all in his today's Irish Times piece! ;)

It's about time we put this Ballybofey bogey to bed -- we've successfully turned Clones around in the last two meetings, now it's time for Mac Cumhaill.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Therealdonald on July 31, 2018, 08:40:07 PM

Hampsey picked him up last year and kept him very quiet. Hampsey would be the same size as McNamee with a bit more strength/bulk, plus hes a better defender/footballer so thats the match up I wanted anyway. Think we can expect Meyler to pick up McHugh for definite. Can't see many surprises with Harte's team but I genuinely hope that either Burns or Colly Cav and McShane get the chop. The first two because with Murphy out the field and no McBrearty we don't need the cover, secondly McShane because he's too inconsistent and I'd rather see Brennan in there.

Not sure where the McShane inconsistent thing comes from,

I.think he has been very good in every game. Indeed if I rated the players in each game he'd be 2nd or 3rd best in almost every encounter.

Reading the locals and nationals as well and he's almost alwats 7.5 to 8.5 all the time. He attracts lots of scoreable frees and has been the link man in a number of Tyrone goals this term.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

trileacman

Quote from: Therealdonald on July 31, 2018, 08:40:07 PM

Burns is the outstanding Tyrone player of the year. Has consistently preformed well in every game bar the last one where he wasn't even that bad. Iggy Jones is more likely to play the next day than Burns is to be dropped. Whether we need him for defensive cover or not sadly Colly Cavanagh is the sole midfield option we have. He's the most consistent high fielder amongst the panel with Conal and McClure failing to stamp their mark on any appearances this year. He also more regularly contributes to the score sheet than the alternatives. Really outside himself there's not one inter-county fielder in that team. McShane, the 2 Donnellys, Mc Cann, Burns or Meyler are not IC standard fielders. Colm, even if half fit and unable to do the sweeper role is still gonna be in the team. He's the modern day version of Colly Holmes or Hub, a big strong lad to provide a platform for kick-outs.

Our failure to develop good quality midfielders this past 15-20 years is puzzling. It's hasn't been a strong area for Tyrone since the 80's.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014