Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty4Sam

Total shambles by the GAA again! Any Tom, Dick or Harry can walk into a SuperValu store and buy as many tickets as they want but there's a chance a hard working GAA club member can't?? Why should anyone become a member of a GAA club? What are the benefits? Getting tickets was one but that's gone now.

Rossfan

Weren't too many Tyrones in Portlaoise or Croke Park.
Hopefully those ones will be sorted out anyway.

PS what's to stop club members walking into SuperValu?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on July 31, 2018, 11:18:35 AM

Too late for that at this stage, theyre sold out. Alot of people go through the club because of loyalty, getting in with a shout for a ticket in a potential final etc.  There will be alot of people who could have bought through supervalu but didnt because theyd wait for one thorugh the aul club.
Really what should happen is the Supervalu ones should be used to sell off whats left after club requests.

J70

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 30, 2018, 11:14:49 PM
2000+ season ticket holders plus any corporate tickets would leave that stand well full. What's its capacity? Pretty small set up from memory. There were only a handful of seating tickets for each club v Dublin too.

Saw this on boards.ie, there's a conspiracy in the air...

Ref in 2011 Ulster Semi Final - Joe
Ref in 2013 Ulster Championship Quarter Final - Joe
Ref in 2015 Ulster Championship Quarter Final - Joe

All Donegal wins over Throne.

Dublin Donegal Joe

Brendan Devenney knew what he was doing when he pushed Joe around in that 2004 qualifier against Fermanagh. The six month ban was worth it for the long term benefit his intimidatory tactics have reaped for Donegal!  ;)

J70

Quote from: redhandefender on July 31, 2018, 09:35:13 AM
I think its a bit stupid for a game like this in a tiny ground that all other counties in ulster can avail of some tickets as well. You'll have people from Fermanagh and cavan etc there

I take it you were pushing for Tyrone to give up home advantage for the Dubs game and move the match to Clones to accommodate all the Cavan and Fermanagh supporters who were interested THAT day?

And in case you'd forgotten, Donegal have already played two away games.

Finally, we've had major whinging and crying for both Tyrone and Armagh supporters in the past when they had to come to Ballybofey, only for the games to fall well short of selling out.

inthrough

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2018, 12:18:04 PM
I think its a bit stupid for a game like this in a tiny ground that all other counties in ulster can avail of some tickets as well. You'll have people from Fermanagh and cavan etc there

I take it you were pushing for Tyrone to give up home advantage for the Dubs game and move the match to Clones to accommodate all the Cavan and Fermanagh supporters who were interested THAT day?

Finally, we've had major whinging and crying for both Tyrone and Armagh supporters in the past when they had to come to Ballybofey, only for the games to fall well short of selling out.
Agreed, the last time Tyrone came to Ballybofey they were whinging about their ticket allocation & suggesting the game be moved to Clones.  In the end they returned 1,000 tickets!

trailer

Quote from: inthrough on July 31, 2018, 12:50:18 PM

Agreed, the last time Tyrone came to Ballybofey they were whinging about their ticket allocation & suggesting the game be moved to Clones.  In the end they returned 1,000 tickets!

Yeah but Ballybofey is a shit hole.

Jayop

Ballybofey is a kip but there's no way this game should be anywhere but donegal.

redhandefender

What are you talking about you clown I never said it should be moved! I'm saying the tickets should be allocated to the 2 counties competing and in particular their club members. I know Fermanagh and cavan people who have tickets for this obtained through their county board!

Club members should have been catered for first and before general sale.

But, Ballybofey is a kip! Omagh has problems with flooding but is a good ground!

redhandefender

Quote from: Rossfan on July 31, 2018, 11:18:35 AM

Weren't too many in your home ground last week, threw the towel in early doors for god sake.

Club members shouldn't have to walk in to Supervalu they keep the GAA going.

greatpoint

Quote from: trailer on July 31, 2018, 01:07:59 PM
Quote from: inthrough on July 31, 2018, 12:50:18 PM

Yeah but Ballybofey is a shit hole.

If that's the case then can ye stop crying about the tickets?

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on July 25, 2018, 11:25:36 AM
Scenario:

A minute left on the clock plus added time. Tyrone a point down and been awarded a penalty. Knowing a draw secures a semi final place, what does Peter Harte do?

Is that you Philly..?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0731/982232-philip-jordan-super8s/

trailer

Quote from: Jayop on July 31, 2018, 02:47:17 PM
Ballybofey is a kip but there's no way this game should be anywhere but donegal.

100% correct. My post is very tongue n cheek.
Maybe with the likes of more home games due to the Super 8s and qualifiers etc a lot of county grounds might get an upgrade.

inthrough

Quote from: redhandefender on July 31, 2018, 02:52:04 PM

What are you talking about you clown I never said it should be moved! I'm saying the tickets should be allocated to the 2 counties competing and in particular their club members. I know Fermanagh and cavan people who have tickets for this obtained through their county board!

But, Ballybofey is a kip! Omagh has problems with flooding but is a good ground!
Omagh is great if looking at pools of standing water is your fetish. Nothing much else to recommend it over Ballybofey either.

redhandefender

Quote from: inthrough on July 31, 2018, 04:28:37 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on July 31, 2018, 02:52:04 PM

Omagh is great if looking at pools of standing water is your fetish. Nothing much else to recommend it over Ballybofey either.

Didn't see any pools 2 weeks ago. No pools in ballybofey because as a bog it just soaks it up. All the facilities, stand, terrace everything in ballybofey is falling apart and they don't seem to be able to cut the grass for some reason, ever!