Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Winner plays in All-Ireland semi-final.

A draw sees Tyrone in semi-final.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jayop

As always any chance of a decent ref and we're favourites. More of that bollox today and we're gone.

StephenC

As long as we get a biased ref that'll gift us 6-8 points I feel we have this one in the bag. Players on the pitch will have no say in things.

J70

Quote from: Jayop on July 22, 2018, 02:58:42 AM
As always any chance of a decent ref and we're favourites. More of that bollox today and we're gone.

Why would the quality of the ref tilt the balance towards or away from Tyrone rather than Donegal?

Aaron Boone

End of the road for Tyrone 2018 here. They just don't perform in Ballybofey, that's going back generations.

Good luck Donegal in the All-Ireland semi-final.

RedHand88

RedHand88

I think the fact we lit up the scoreboard against roscommon is really going to help us here. Only have to draw, don't need to win. It's them that have to chase it more and beat us.

I'd take a nil nil at this stage  :D

cjx

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 22, 2018, 10:11:56 AM
End of the road for Tyrone 2018 here. They just don't perform in Ballybofey, that's going back generations.

Good luck Donegal in the All-Ireland semi-final.

Tell Mickey John Forbes  (a real tough man!)  that!!! near riot after he tapped a Donegal man that famous day 29 June1973 (surprize surprize the ref missed it).
Donegal were going to withdraw to the fastness of Connacht to hell out of Ulster after that interesting game.

Always remember one of my early county championship matches watching as a boy was the day in Dungannon Ardboe took umbrage at something and it ended a 100 man all in with Arboe suspended for 2 years as I remember it.

omagh_gael

The Rossies have clogged up the Don v Ros thread with their arguments. Any Donegal men have an update on Gallagher? He looked to have done his shoulder/collar bone. Came off very gingerly. He'd be a big miss for you.

StephenC

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 22, 2018, 10:46:25 AM
The Rossies have clogged up the Don v Ros thread with their arguments. Any Donegal men have an update on Gallagher? He looked to have done his shoulder/collar bone. Came off very gingerly. He'd be a big miss for you.

I haven't heard anything yet. It looked like his elbow I thought - reply seemed to show it being hyper-extended. Either way it certainly doesn't look good. He was in a sling after coming off.

Massive miss for us for sure; he was on track for an all-star should we have made the semis.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: J70 on July 22, 2018, 10:03:12 AM
Quote from: Jayop on July 22, 2018, 02:58:42 AM

Why would the quality of the ref tilt the balance towards or away from Tyrone rather than Donegal?

Coldrick is the fecking essence of inconsistency, that's the problem, and that's why those little flare-ups in Omagh materialised last night. Players know when they've been sold a pup, or a referee who remembers rules of the game with the constancy of a whore's knickers on her hips.

Meath hoor ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

A bad referee. Dublin are a better team but they needed the ref to keep Tyrone at bay.

Whitnail

Inevitable this group would come down to a ding dong in ballybofey. We've had the easiest road through ulster in many a year .

I think the winner will play Galway as i expect Monaghan to win the other group ( just my opinion).
Murphy will need to keep his cool as he will be targeted big time but i think we can still score enough without him thankfully

rrhf

I think big Murhp is well capable of giving and taking it