Galway v Sligo -June 9th

Started by sligoman2, June 04, 2012, 04:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Mayo have victories over some of the top counties during the past year, what has the rest of Connacht to show in terms of this?

sligoman2

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 08, 2012, 07:07:19 PM
Mayo have victories over some of the top counties during the past year, what has the rest of Connacht to show in terms of this?

What does mayo have to show for it either?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

From the Bunker

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 08, 2012, 07:41:13 PM

Well said!  :-[

outthecountry

I think he means that by playing and beating some of the top teams in the country they have shown that they are a notch or two above the best of what the rest of connaught have to offer and i would have to agree with him on that. Make no bones about it.....a connaught title is important to Mayo this year....but these guys have serious ambitions beyond that. Every position is fervently fought for....competition is massive....they will be hard bet.!

Syferus

Everyone's needles are all over the shop this year, from Dublin to Cork to Mayo, all top-level teams have mixed good wins with abject failures. Form rarely comes into Galway-Mayo matches, much less Connacht finals featuring Sligo. Chickens before they hatch and all that.

GalwayBayBoy

Mayo Mick

Galway will win handy enough 6+ points. Time to put up the Galway v Mayo Connacht final thread for some real discussion.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Interesting to note how Rossies are on here saying Mayo are average. If I was a Rossie I'd have far more things worrying me. Then again maybe the Galway game was a blip and Ros may get to the last 8. Who knows? On the evidence though I doubt it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2012, 10:42:46 AM
Interesting to note how Rossies are on here saying Mayo are average. If I was a Rossie I'd have far more things worrying me. Then again maybe the Galway game was a blip and Ros may get to the last 8. Who knows? On the evidence though I doubt it.

Who the hell said they were average? That's some strong poor mouthing you're trying.

theticklemister

well anyone know if we get to see this game via rte online up the north here?????? saves watching that soccer shite.

Syferus

Quote from: theticklemister on June 09, 2012, 02:13:10 PM
well anyone know if we get to see this game via rte online up the north here?????? saves watching that soccer shite.

Is it always 'Island of Ireland' with GAA?

theticklemister

they have said that before and we never seem to get it!

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 08, 2012, 11:47:46 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on June 08, 2012, 07:41:13 PM

Well said!  :-[

Nonsense. He s talking shite. Any sport is about being the best that you can be. Mayo have being doing nicely under Horan and have a provincial title, championship semi-final and league final to show for it in one year. The majority of counties cannot even dream of such achievement. There is only one big winner every year. Maybe it should be raffled so that the rest don t have to bother competing. Jaysus! Why bother with Olympics or anything considering only medal winners have anything to show for it.