Donal Og's biography out in October 2009 - 'Lift & strike'

Started by heffo, July 02, 2009, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: INDIANA on July 02, 2009, 02:02:26 PM
Its the timing of it AZ. It all wrong. Could he not wait until he packed up playing- unless he intends to do so? Another winter of discontent. The game is bigger than the players. Not sure some of them realise that.

Agreed,
       he should have held out until the second sunday in september or when Cork go out of the championship, whichever comes first.

Maybe the biffo's have a bigger say in the timing than we could imagine  ;D

monny14

Lift and Strike,More like HW TO GET UR OWN WAY.hes a gud hurler but the problem is his mouth is bigger than his strike

monny14

aNOTHER NAME 4 IT mOUTH aND strike,mouth for hes never shuts up his mouth and strike for nt hittin a ball but goin against managers and county boards

passedit

Quote from: theskull1 on July 02, 2009, 02:01:51 PM
I believe he's been intentionally controversial all along just so that he can, down the line (now) tell his side of the story and make a few pound from it. The story he has intentionally created. He's no dope I'm sure and knows how modern media works as an industry.

Are any of youse blind to that possibility?

He must be in cahoots with Frank so, as he was the cauuse of all three strikes including the one not involving D og.

Frank's biog would fetch a penny or two. Oh wait he doesn't need it, as he's taking money from the GAA for f**king things up.

Don't Panic

A Quinn Martin Production

"Lift & Strike"??  Is this book about the PSNI's strategy for dealing with GAA members in the 70's and 80's?? ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

seafoid

I read Christy O'Connor's goalkeepers book a few years ago. Donal Og came across as a narrow minded obsessive who would be one of the worst people to sit beside at any wedding or similar social occasion. A bore.  It is an awful pity that Ring died so young. Cloyne has produced far better ambassadors for the game than Cusack.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2009, 08:26:11 PM
It is an awful pity that Ring died so young. Cloyne has produced far better ambassadors for the game than Cusack.

he left his club to go and play for Glen Rovers though, right?

rrhf

Other considered titles:
2 strikes and youre out
Bending the hurl. 
Puss in boots

orangeman

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on July 03, 2009, 02:22:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2009, 08:26:11 PM
It is an awful pity that Ring died so young. Cloyne has produced far better ambassadors for the game than Cusack.

he left his club to go and play for Glen Rovers though, right?

Back in the day.

Keyser soze

The sooner this t**l retires and exits stage left the better the GAA will be. As you can guess i won't be buying it.

orangeman

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 03, 2009, 06:28:49 PM
The sooner this t**l retires and exits stage left the better the GAA will be. As you can guess i won't be buying it.

His second book is due out to coincide with the next strike which is planned as soon as they exit the championship and Walsh will be made a sacrificial lamb.

longrunsthefox

There are now good players like young Donal and Dessie and indeed our Sean (Cavanagh) whose playing ability and careers will be overshadowed by their involvemnt in destroying the ethos of the GAA. I wouldnt lift the book of the shelf to flick through it  :-\ 

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 04, 2009, 10:03:10 AM
There are now good players like young Donal and Dessie and indeed our Sean (Cavanagh) whose playing ability and careers will be overshadowed by their involvemnt in destroying the ethos of the GAA. I wouldnt lift the book of the shelf to flick through it  :-\ 

of course these guys have no idea about the ethos of the GAA at all......what gives you the right to say that they are destroying the ethos of the GAA???

RedandGreenSniper

Apparently Tom Humphries has wiped Kieran Shannon's eye on this one. Won't read it, I've read enough of his interviews to have my own opinion formed on him and I know his views aren't going to change. Mine won't either.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

lob her in lad

I was very glad to have been out of the country when all the Cork rubbish was going on, I think Cork people in the majority would back anything any other Cork lad does and say ah sure he's right in whatever he does, I was in C.I.T. in 2002 when Keano and the whole Saipan thing went down, fair enough Cork people were behind him but if it turned out that Keane had killed Mick then I am sure that the whole of Cork would have said collectively ah sure he was right in what he did. The strike made me sick no man or group of men are bigger than the game.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."