Paul McGirr u16 Championship

Started by tyroneman, August 31, 2011, 07:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

befair

I'm told the fight was at the 2011 quarter-final between Coalisland (blue) and Rostrevor (red) in Dromore in 2011

PMG1

Hi folks for any of yous that are interested the final of the Paul McGirr U16 Club Champions Tournament takes place this Sunday at 2:00 between Crossmaglen and Kilcoo, there is a bit of recent history between these two clubs so it should make for a great atmosphere, going by performances so far it promises to be a real cracker ( the kilcoo v Carrickmore semi final was one of the best games I ever witnessed), it will be ground breaking as well because the game is being brodcast live on the 'Spirit of Paul McGirr' Facebook page as well as Teamtalkmag and Tyrone Association Dublin pages, live commentary will be provided by Noel McGinn with Mark Harte and Ciaran McBride also in the studio, tune in for what should be a great game

Targetman

Looking forward to it, great to see it being streamed live, being a Down man I hope Kilcoo can emerge victorious, should be a good one!!

brokencrossbar1

Looking forward to it too. Kilcoo obviously favourites after beating the pre-tournament favourites Carrick more. We have a good side but they I think they have had the harder games so should be better prepared. Best of luck to both teams

PMG1

It should be a great game, both teams play attaching football no sweepers, funny how both managers made the other team favourites, nothing to learn, this year is Paul McGirrs 20th anniversary and the tournament has certainly lived up to it this year, some great games. Really too tight to call

Aaron Boone

Is there a roll-of-honour for the 20 years? Cross have won it before pretty sure.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 24, 2017, 11:19:45 PM
Is there a roll-of-honour for the 20 years? Cross have won it before pretty sure.

Only the once in 2013

armaghniac

Well done to the Magpies, who did an awful lot right in the game. Football is in safe hands in Kilcoo.
The Teamtalk streaming was excellent also, both in quality and presentation.

Hopefully Cross will get back at Kilcoo in the senior in the years to come.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Congratulations to Kilcoo. They were the better balanced team and looked to have more cutting edge than us. Their better players were more effective than ours which may seem obvious but at this level it is key. Hard luck to our boys....they can be proud of themselves. And a so very congratulations to Dromore. The whole thing was so well run and the streaming was great today as I wasn't able to get there.

armaghniac

The fine condition of the Dromore pitch was noticeable compared to the Connacht Club final in TG4.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

skeog

Top club Dromore one of the best in whole of Ireland.

longballin

Quote from: skeog on November 26, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Top club in Dromore one of the best in whole of Ireland.

Great competition but that's a wee bit overstated...

Targetman

Congrats to Kilcoo, they were the better team overall with 3/4 outstanding individuals, great streaming coverage, young Johnston's definitely one for the future!

charlieTully

Quote from: Targetman on November 26, 2017, 07:30:40 PM
Congrats to Kilcoo, they were the better team overall with 3/4 outstanding individuals, great streaming coverage, young Johnston's definitely one for the future!

Is he a brother of Ryan and Jerome?

PMG1

Yes Shealan is the younger brother of Ryan and Jerome, brilliant talent and a very unassuming lad.  Kilcoo are a brilliantly coached and well drilled team, Conor Laverty will make his mark on the sideline in years to come, Liam Og Finnegan had a great game for Cross too, didn't deserve to be on the losing side, great end to a great tournament, Shealan Johnston's goal was one of the best you would ever see