TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Eire90

people crying about weather do they only want gaa to be played in summer months years ago they put on long sleeves and got on with it id love to see a few snow games with orange ball.

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on December 10, 2023, 10:27:26 PMpeople crying about weather do they only want gaa to be played in summer months years ago they put on long sleeves and got on with it id love to see a few snow games with orange ball.
Dangerous.

armaghniac

Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 10, 2023, 07:27:07 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on December 10, 2023, 05:25:54 PMYe all are a crying bunch of feckers. Moan moan moan. How else do tg4 pay for the service without ads?

I'd expect any broadcaster not to take ads in middle of live game. People already had missed first 20 minutes of the game. They easily could have delayed the ads to half time. They had taken ads ten minutes earlier before the penalties. And the game is blocked online in the north.

Exactly. And one reason for not doing this is that the people watching this are GAA fans and they are not going to be especially warm toward AIB for sponsoring the championship if AIB are inserting their ad at a time when play is ongoing.

The game is not blocked online in the North, I expect people have seen it. Your own setup might not make it clear where you are, but that is hardly the fault of TG4.

What is ridiculous is that TG4 are required by the GAA to block the service outside of Ireland, but GAAGO do not show it. WTF is that about?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gael80

Quote from: armaghniac on December 10, 2023, 10:57:21 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on December 10, 2023, 05:25:54 PMYe all are a crying bunch of feckers. Moan moan moan. How else do tg4 pay for the service without ads?

I'd expect any broadcaster not to take ads in middle of live game. People already had missed first 20 minutes of the game. They easily could have delayed the ads to half time. They had taken ads ten minutes earlier before the penalties. And the game is blocked online in the north.

Exactly. And one reason for not doing this is that the people watching this are GAA fans and they are not going to be especially warm toward AIB for sponsoring the championship if AIB are inserting their ad at a time when play is ongoing.

The game is not blocked online in the North, I expect people have seen it. Your own setup might not make it clear where you are, but that is hardly the fault of TG4.

What is ridiculous is that TG4 are required by the GAA to block the service outside of Ireland, but GAAGO do not show it. WTF is that about?

GAAGO did show the Ulster Final outside Ireland. It was an added benefit today as the game was shown from the start.

armaghniac

Quote from: Gael80 on December 10, 2023, 11:06:57 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 10, 2023, 10:57:21 PM

GAAGO did show the Ulster Final outside Ireland. It was an added benefit today as the game was shown from the start.

I stand corrected.
If you go to their website you would never know that this was the case.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

The Wattys/Kilmacud rematch is very much going under the radar at the moment but surely up in Derry it has to be like the 1993 Derry-Donegal match , a game that Derry were not going to lose , given what happened the previous year ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpxHxtJ6z4
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2023, 07:46:01 AMThe Wattys/Kilmacud rematch is very much going under the radar at the moment but surely up in Derry it has to be like the 1993 Derry-Donegal match , a game that Derry were not going to lose , given what happened the previous year ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpxHxtJ6z4
Not sure it's going under the radar.

Wildweasel74

Not even talked about,a little thing  called christmas bit more important