Estate Cars

Started by Jonah, February 17, 2013, 01:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

Has anyone got one? I'm thinking of buying one.
I need something with a bigger boot,not really a fan of SUV's so thinking of an estate.
I know they aren't the prettiest cars on the road but at this stage of my life I need practically in a car rather than style.

Some actually aren't that bad to look at. I have viewed a 2011 Passat and a 2011 Sokda Superb.
Anyone any recommendations or advice? Fuel economy and a large boot capacity with fold flat rear seats would be a top priority.
I currently have a 08 Avensis saloon.

ziggy90

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the two cars you looked at? I'm looking at something similar (plus the Octavia) age wise but in the saloon versions.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Jonah

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 17, 2013, 01:20:00 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the two cars you looked at? I'm looking at something similar (plus the Octavia) age wise but in the saloon versions.
Sokda was actually a 2012 I think and it was about €26k
The Passat I looked at was €22k
I'd be hoping to get in and around 13k for my car as a trade in.

RMDrive

Estates used to look cat but these days some of them look great (A6, Superb etc)

ziggy90

Sorry I didn't realise you were quoting yo-yos. (Thought it was very expensive) Skoda are making some great cars now. The Superb is really impressive looking. You see an awful lot of taxi drivers around here driving Skodas, a sure sign of reliabity and economy. 
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Itchy

Great value in UK for estate diesels. Have a look here WWW.cargiant.co.uk

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersarsfields

Quote from: Itchy on February 17, 2013, 02:21:35 PM
Great value in UK for estate diesels. Have a look here WWW.cargiant.co.uk

Bought from it myself last year. Got great value on an Audi A4.