Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 26, 2016, 05:45:17 PM
Aye, I'd be a bit of weather watcher, Biarritz seems to change from Med to Atlantic systems a fair bit. Would u get away without AC? Think Le Ruisseau was the one we were planning next. We were thinking of changing from Eurocamp to Kelair/Campotel as well.

Phone/email the sites directly as doing the keycamps eurocamps thing is more expensive unless you're looking to put the kids into the clubs...

The beaches there are amazing, some serious surfing going on and areas closed off for surfers and paddlers'... I was tossed about like seaweed in those waves so be careful !

Went to Lourdes one day and some towns around the sites... A/C that depends on the weather of course, we'd the heater on at night a few times!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 26, 2016, 01:55:58 PM
Bennydorano , went to Trabolgan a few tears ago, good spot for a 3 and an 8 y old.  Plenty to do ,esp. if the weathers not great.  A week was plenty,  but the beach we went to nearby was a complete nightmare to get down to with the gear and a buggy.  Some of the paid activities were v good, go-carts for the Daddies !!
Cheers, I take it's not as big a rip off if ur a resident? Access to most of the activities?

seafoid

Quote from: The Bearded One on July 26, 2016, 11:07:01 AM
Have a few days planned in the (hopefully) sunny south east...Wexford/Enniscorthy direction.

It is a part of Ireland I know very little about and would appreciate if any of you might like to point out a few things to do or see for a family with children of primary school age?
We went to Gorey a few years ago. There is a good pony setup a few miles out the road. the GAA club runs camps as do Leinster rugby
Enniscorthy has loads of history.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Walter Cronc

Anyone any advice where to stay in Bangkok. Preferably walking distance to the madness. I've heard near Nana and Asok bus stations is the place to stay??

The Subbie

Walter, what's your budget?

Sukhimvit Road has all the big hotel chains , Sky train & is reasonably central from memory, decent hotels there shouldn't be too bad.

For the full on backpacker experience head for Ko San road, dirt cheap hostels/guest houses etc there.

STREET FIGHTER

Any recommendations for family breaks in Dublin...

Best hotel offers? 

Over the Bar

SF,  We've stayed in the Liffey Valley Clarion with the kids.  Family room with dinner, b&b for 2 nights for around €210.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 02, 2016, 12:00:19 AM
SF,  We've stayed in the Liffey Valley Clarion with the kids.  Family room with dinner, b&b for 2 nights for around €210.

Cheers OTB.....good enough hotel??

Walter Cronc

Quote from: The Subbie on July 28, 2016, 09:47:29 PM

Sukhimvit Road has all the big hotel chains , Sky train & is reasonably central from memory, decent hotels there shouldn't be too bad.

For the full on backpacker experience head for Ko San road, dirt cheap hostels/guest houses etc there.

Cheers Subbie. Just the 2 nights in Bangkok prior to heading down to the islands. Have heard Sukhimvit Road is the place to stay. Walking distance to the madness. Any ideas on which islands to go to folks? Obviously Koh Phangan for the full moon party but for the remainder of the week I'd prefer a mix of lively/chilled out islands.

Canalman

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 01, 2016, 10:45:17 PM
Any recommendations for family breaks in Dublin...

Best hotel offers?

Big price differences if you go out to the hotels in suburbia and don't mind using the Luas or buses into town. Look at the hotels out red cow/ Naas Road area......... all close to the Luas which kids love using anyway.

The Bearded One

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 26, 2016, 11:08:33 AM
Tramore! It's an institution. The Promenade, with the amusements and the arcades. Also some lovely restaurants around Tramore. Dunmore East is a lovely village, again lovely place to eat and there's a little cove for the kids to play on the beach.

AZ thanks for this advice, we'd a great day in and around Dunmore East and Tramore, children loved it! Lovely part of Ireland that I'd never visited so will be planning a longer stay in future.
It is what it is. Presumably.

muppet

How about....

The Moon!

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/innovation/moon-express-private-company-moon

The views would be amazing, but I haven't heard anything good regarding the hotels.
MWWSI 2017

The Subbie

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 02, 2016, 11:03:09 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on July 28, 2016, 09:47:29 PM

Cheers Subbie. Just the 2 nights in Bangkok prior to heading down to the islands. Have heard Sukhimvit Road is the place to stay. Walking distance to the madness. Any ideas on which islands to go to folks? Obviously Koh Phangan for the full moon party but for the remainder of the week I'd prefer a mix of lively/chilled out islands.

If it's only the islands you want to do get a flight Bangkok to Ko Samui, 1 or 2 nights there then get ferry and head Ko pagan nagn do full moon, allow a few days either side of full moon 3 before and 2 or 3 after as accomodation is hard to get just before the full moon, after you've recovered head for Ko Tao, get ferry from Ko pagn nagn, lovely chilled out spot.

Phuket and Ko Phi Phi are other options but if you want to hit a full moon Phuket is a fair hike to Samui.
Ko phi phi is a grand spot but I found it a bit boring after 3 days , it's tiny and you'll be eating and drinking in the same few places if there for longer.

A place worth considering is Krabi, I went there and only gave myself 3 nights there and regretted it ever since, loads to do, not as expensive as the islands ( Thailand wise if that makes sense, it'll still be cheaper than what you are used to!)

If you can try and get up north , Chiang mai or Chaing Rai, easy cheap flight from Bangkok, loads to do that in both places, I went to Chaing Mai intending to stay 3-4 nights ended up staying there 2 1/2 weeks !

You'll have a ball there no matter where you go though, Asia rooms.com and Agoda.com were best I found for good deals on accom , never trust the taxi drivers , make sure when you are in Bangkok to get a motorcycle taxi, not a tuk tuk, a motorbike taxi, you'll see them, jump on the back and away you go, madness but a great way to get round Bangkok!!

Linkbox

Another vote for Koh Tao. Preferred it over Samui. A lot quieter and chilled. Especially compared to the madness of the full moon!

The Subbie

Quote from: Linkbox on August 05, 2016, 02:59:16 PM
Another vote for Koh Tao. Preferred it over Samui. A lot quieter and chilled. Especially compared to the madness of the full moon!

Yeah Ko Tao is some spot, Ko Chang is another one worth considering.