All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Brids will have to get out of Ros first.
Tough on them today but lack of experience and fatigue had them doing some sloppy things near the end.
Only 2 substitutions points to a lack of depth in the squad.

They certainly showed they weren't out of place on the big stage and did themselves, their families, Club and County proud.

Hopefully the County lads will be given a few weeks rest and come back refreshed for the last 5 League games.

Meanwhile Boyle, CnanG, Pearses, Ros Gaels and others will be plotting their demise next Autumn.
Boyle coulda shoulda bet them in 23.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Nothing is guaranteed for St. Brigids. Plenty has gone to the well once and never got back again. It's a long journey.

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 21, 2024, 10:47:07 PMNothing is guaranteed for St. Brigids. Plenty has gone to the well once and never got back again. It's a long journey.

Whats in the favor is their age profile with most of their best players today in their early 20s. No guarantee indeed as first they'll have to come through their own championship (just sneaked past Padraig Pearses, Boyle this campaign) then you have a competitive Connacht championship to win whereby Galway reps are always tough to beat and Mayo will eventually have another strong club team capable of winning a provincial senior title.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

onefineday

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 21, 2024, 10:06:30 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on January 21, 2024, 09:32:52 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 21, 2024, 06:43:58 PMAh lads what a game of football. St Brigids by a mile the better team all day but hats off to Glen the experience shone through.

Conor Glass probably the best player in the country at the minute, what a performance. Commiserations to the Rossies, would love to see them back at this stage next year again and go one better.

2 excellent teams.

That's tara David Clifford has retired at 24.
Hard to compare 2 positions but I'd have Glass up there. Clifford has his off days as well but Glass always seems to step up in the big moments.
I think Glass has absolutely been the catalyst for Derry and Glen since his return. He got a bit of flack over the past 12 months, including from brolly who reckoned he was hiding or something of that nature in big games??
For me he's the ultimate team player, sacrifices his own game for the team if that's required, the performance against cork last year was a prime example, he spent the game covering that defensive space, making tackles, dispossessing players, intercepting and sweeping up and rarely taking the wrong option. Incredible engine too, delighted to see him drive that team to success and great that he finally won a man of the match award - not that he probably cared too much, but there's no doubt there'd be no Andy merrigan in maghera without his efforts today.

GiveItToTheShooters

3 all Irelands for ulster clubs. I'll be on pints of seafoids tears as he tries to claim ulster football is weak😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wildweasel74

Glen played an awful lot of games to win a club All-Ireland. Many of them tight games.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: onefineday on January 21, 2024, 11:49:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 21, 2024, 10:06:30 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on January 21, 2024, 09:32:52 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 21, 2024, 06:43:58 PMAh lads what a game of football. St Brigids by a mile the better team all day but hats off to Glen the experience shone through.

Conor Glass probably the best player in the country at the minute, what a performance. Commiserations to the Rossies, would love to see them back at this stage next year again and go one better.

2 excellent teams.

That's tara David Clifford has retired at 24.
Hard to compare 2 positions but I'd have Glass up there. Clifford has his off days as well but Glass always seems to step up in the big moments.
I think Glass has absolutely been the catalyst for Derry and Glen since his return. He got a bit of flack over the past 12 months, including from brolly who reckoned he was hiding or something of that nature in big games??
For me he's the ultimate team player, sacrifices his own game for the team if that's required, the performance against cork last year was a prime example, he spent the game covering that defensive space, making tackles, dispossessing players, intercepting and sweeping up and rarely taking the wrong option. Incredible engine too, delighted to see him drive that team to success and great that he finally won a man of the match award - not that he probably cared too much, but there's no doubt there'd be no Andy merrigan in maghera without his efforts today.

Same Brolly that wasn't giving Malachy O'Rourke the credit he deserved. He might now say he was wrong about Glass and O'Rourke or will hell freeze over first?

Wildweasel74

screenexile

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 22, 2024, 12:02:22 AM3 all Irelands for ulster clubs. I'll be on pints of seafoids tears as he tries to claim ulster football is weak😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Has anyone heard from Oso today??

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2024, 10:44:06 PMBrids will have to get out of Ros first.
Tough on them today but lack of experience and fatigue had them doing some sloppy things near the end.

They certainly showed they weren't out of place on the big stage and did themselves, their families, Club and County proud.

Hopefully the County lads will be given a few weeks rest and come back refreshed for the last 5 League games.

Meanwhile Boyle, CnanG, Pearses, Ros Gaels and others will be plotting their demise next Autumn.
Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2024, 10:44:06 PMBrids will have to get out of Ros first.

it is hard to win the competition on the first attempt. Brigids have the pedigree to make the necessary improvements. Brian Stack and O'Carroll will be even better next year. 

seafoid

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 22, 2024, 12:02:22 AM3 all Irelands for ulster clubs. I'll be on pints of seafoids tears as he tries to claim ulster football is weak😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I forgot how important junior football is.

NAG1

Loved Glass's interview after the game, asked to eulogise about M O'Rourke and he completely turned it on its head. He was there to do a job and that's what he did - it wasn't about him it was about the people from Glen and that Community.

Really honest from him and good to see.

general_lee

Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2024, 04:00:20 AM
I forgot how important junior football Cavan Division 1 is.
Fixed that for you ladeen

Brendan

Quote from: NAG1 on January 22, 2024, 09:20:39 AMLoved Glass's interview after the game, asked to eulogise about M O'Rourke and he completely turned it on its head. He was there to do a job and that's what he did - it wasn't about him it was about the people from Glen and that Community.

Really honest from him and good to see.

That's it, it wasn't Malachy who led them to 4 Ulster minor championships in a row, every club would love a malachy O'Rourke or a Mickey Moran but at end of the day they wouldn't have achieved all they have without the work of many volunteers over many decades.

On another note is there no sort of highlights programme ever for the Club final?

Rossfan

I'd say they're over the moon dancing in the streets etc in Donegal, Tyrone, Fermanagh, Monaghan, Down and Antrim.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM