NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2020, 11:51:20 AM
Maurice Deegan down to ref Mayo Galway.
Congrats to Mayo on staying up in Division One.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

From hoganstand

QuoteGalway attacker Damien Comer says he's learned a lot from manager Padraic Joyce during his first season in charge of the team.

After having fully recovered from a fractured ankle he sustained in the latter part of 2018, Comer is expected to line-out against Mayo next weekend as the 2020 inter-county gets set to resume and, speaking on Off The Ball, the Annaghdown clubman says Joyce has been getting the best out of Galway's stars.

"Anyone who knows Pádraic knows that he is a really confident man," he said.

"He instils that confidence in his players. With him coming in having been a marquee forward who has been there and done it all, his experience is massively telling."

The Tribe forward added: "He is getting the best out of lads. Look at Shane Walsh now and he's playing the best football of his life.

"Padraic has so much invested in Galway football and you know exactly where you stand with him. He will tell you what you're doing wrong and what you're doing right. He will criticise you and he will compliment you and there's no beating around the bush with him.

"If you're performing, he will play you. There's lads now coming in really hot off the club championship and they'll probably be starting against Mayo. His motto is that if you're playing well you will play for Galway."

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Is Comer suggesting Kevin Walsh wasn't getting the best out of the Galway players or picking players on form?

All games behind closed doors ROI and NI

The GAA are waiting for an update from the Northern Ireland Executive on crowd restrictions but the Association's Director of Player, Club and Games Administration Feargal McGill confirmed to RTE's Saturday Sport programme yesterday that the Allianz League ties scheduled for the next two weekends "will be played behind closed doors regardless of whether they're in the North or the South."
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 11, 2020, 12:38:35 PM
Is Comer suggesting Kevin Walsh wasn't getting the best out of the Galway players or picking players on form?
Wouldn't take that from it at all, I took it that he was just saying that club form will count for a lot this year but that's just me, didn't see any veiled digs there at all.

Captain Obvious

Jim McGuinness training Galway senior footballers?

Manning18

I'd say its just McGuinness taking a session as a favour (or paid favour) to an old college friend

skeog

Jimmy be a big addition to any county.

marty34

Quote from: skeog on October 11, 2020, 07:07:47 PM
Jimmy be a big addition to any county.
[/quote

Where is Jimmy at these days and does anybody know what he's doing?]

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Manning18 on October 11, 2020, 05:43:27 PM
I'd say its just McGuinness taking a session as a favour (or paid favour) to an old college friend
This is the most likely scenario.

Itchy

The drill I saw online was like an u12 drill from 1980.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Itchy on October 11, 2020, 09:06:44 PM

I don't recall many handpassing drills in the 80s.

Itchy

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 11, 2020, 09:27:16 PM

2 long lines running straight at each other for hand pass, pull cones back for kick pass. Was the basis of nearly every training.

galwayman

Quote from: Itchy on October 11, 2020, 09:33:28 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on October 11, 2020, 09:27:16 PM

2 long lines running straight at each other for hand pass, pull cones back for kick pass. Was the basis of nearly every training.
It was just a warm up before a training game I'd say. Both teams wearing jerseys so I imagine they played an A v B.

skeog

Jim is 2 or 3 million richer thanks to his China and American journeys.Surprised he would be bothering with returning to Gaa coaching.