China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 11, 2020, 08:56:43 PM
Whats the current rule regarding self-isolation arriving into Dublin from USA and travelling to the North for a few days?

If you are travelling for work, you don't actually have to isolate.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

GetOverTheBar

See a few bars in the City opening tomorrow, they have had enough.

Promises to be interesting viewing.

RedHand88

The Dirty Onion and the National (bars in Belfast City centre) are saying they are opening tomorrow regardless of any agreement today.
Others could follow.

Stormont rapidly losing any authority.

square_ball

Stormont now saying regulations don't expire to midnight tomorrow night so bars can't open tomorrow regardless. It's getting worse by the hour.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2020, 09:06:23 PM
A family grew up besides us just lost father mother and their 52 year old son inside a week to Covid!

The amount rising currently is out of control
That is of course tragic for everyone involved with that family but there must be loads to be learned scientifically in really drilling into what made 3 people from one family predisposed to the worst effects of Covid 19. This type of cluster is highly unusual, I think we can agree on that at least.  If we are really going to mitigate against this personally as individuals, which I think has to be starting point for control measures of any kind, this is the sort of information we need more in the public domain. Personally I want to hear it warts and all so I can take steps to improve my immune response when its called on.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on November 12, 2020, 12:44:12 PM
Stormont now saying regulations don't expire to midnight tomorrow night so bars can't open tomorrow regardless. It's getting worse by the hour.

Absolute farce. So they didn't actually know when their own regulations ended it appears?

Angelo

The political system in the north is some basket case.

How can a minority call the shots in a case like this?

It's incredibly confusing and extremely hard on businesses to survive in these circumstances.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 01:55:47 PM

It's incredibly confusing and extremely hard on businesses to survive in these circumstances.

I always knew resistance would come against restrictions, it seems this may be the start.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 01:59:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 01:55:47 PM

I always knew resistance would come against restrictions, it seems this may be the start.

It's the confusion though, at the last hour and businesses are none the wise about what they can and can't do.

Whatever about the case at hand, how can the DUP circumvent the majority when it comes to implementing something?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Clever or Sinister....use of politics by the DUP.

They aren't doing anything illegal, immoral is a very different story.

It's the Alliance get shafted in it all, their vote is essentially useless.

mackers

They are jeopardising the chances of us having a decent Christmas with this carry on.  The numbers will flare up from an already high point.  Wouldn't like to think where they'll be in six weeks if there is no extension to restrictions.
Any one with any sense would see that a further two weeks of restrictions gives us a chance to have a decent December and Christmas.  There will be an inevitable lockdown in January/February when most of the hospitality sector is quiet in any case.  The hope would be that this will be the last lockdown that these businesses would endure.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

general_lee

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 02:14:20 PM

They aren't doing anything illegal, immoral is a very different story.

It's the Alliance get shafted in it all, their vote is essentially useless.
I've no sympathy for alliance. They refused to support an all-island approach and have consistently (along with SDLP) made out as if this is a SF/DUP squabble when in reality it is DUP alone vetoing an extension to the restrictions

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 12, 2020, 12:58:50 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 12, 2020, 12:44:12 PM

Absolute farce. So they didn't actually know when their own regulations ended it appears?

It appears the regulations didnt  come into place until Friday at midnight by the time everything got finalised due to the ineptitude on the hill.
Even though everywhere shut the Thursday (at the behest of government) it didnt officially start on the Friday night.

A bunch of clusterfucks from top to bottom

mackers

Was listening to the news on Today FM there and that fool Fitzpatrick from Louth was on looking the military to guard the border to stop cross-border travel.  Another win for the DUP.  There is a golf course close to where I live that is full of southern reg cars as they can't get a game in the South.  No word of that.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Taylor

Quote from: mackers on November 12, 2020, 02:20:53 PM
Was listening to the news on Today FM there and that fool Fitzpatrick from Louth was on looking the military to guard the border to stop cross-border travel.  Another win for the DUP.  There is a golf course close to where I live that is full of southern reg cars as they can't get a game in the South.  No word of that.

Or any word of the border towns in the North full of southern reg cars.

w**ker.

Just playing right into their hands