NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2020, 07:03:17 PM
Job done.
Won today with a patched up team who did some good and some poor things esp the last 10 to 15 minutes.
A better team than Cavan would have given us a good batin today.
They had around 30 shots only scoring 0-13.
Great to see Donie Smith back in action and the 2 Murtaghs.
No doubt all 3 will see some action v Rhubarbia.
Only 2 goals conceded (both in injury time v bloody Laois) , a swift return to D1 and the cupeen captured as well.

Now for the real thing (2020 version anyway) in 2 weeks against the AI favourites.

A lot of wild and poor shot selections by Cavan. Apart from a point effort that almost became a lucky goal Cavan struggled to created a goal scoring chance in the game.  Very good win for Roscommon when you consider 5 of the 6 defenders, 1 midfielder and two forwards that started last weekend was missing today.

Few would have predicted Cavan to join Fermanagh in Div 3, that win for Clare over Cavan proved to be key.  Well done Armagh on finally getting back to Division 1 and Laois avoiding the drop.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

illdecide

Well done Roscommon...best team in the Division and deservedly won it, I think Armagh deserved second place (Just). If we can gather a few more defenders and a goal keeper we'll do rightly but one thing you're guaranteed with Armagh is a Rollercoaster ride. Lets hope the League is with the fans next year when it starts as this is Pish not being able to go and shout "Gwan ref ya bollix ya"...lol. The thought of the Dubs in a full house Athletic Grounds is mouth watering but please virus feck off.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on October 24, 2020, 08:22:06 PM
Well done Roscommon...best team in the Division and deservedly won it, I think Armagh deserved second place (Just). If we can gather a few more defenders and a goal keeper we'll do rightly but one thing you're guaranteed with Armagh is a Rollercoaster ride. Lets hope the League is with the fans next year when it starts as this is Pish not being able to go and shout "Gwan ref ya bollix ya"...lol. The thought of the Dubs in a full house Athletic Grounds is mouth watering but please virus feck off.

Even if fans are allowed back for the league, I don't see them allowing enough back for full stadia sadly

lurganblue

Armagh defence continues to be a worry.  If they aren't conceding stupid goals then they are conceding fouls.  That wont be good enough against the calibre of division 1.  From midfield onwards though we look a real force and a match for most teams.

mackers

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 25, 2020, 07:57:15 AM
Even if fans are allowed back for the league, I don't see them allowing enough back for full stadia sadly
If the vaccine gets approval before January and it looked likely that it were to become widely available in the spring time as we're being told I could see the GAA leaving the start of the league until then and run another condensed campaign.  They'll be keen to get as many people through the doors as they can after a year with no attendances. As an Armagh fan if there's a possibility of this I would agree.  The thoughts of the Dubs or Kerry coming to Armagh and not being able to attend would be disappointing.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Rossfan

Next years D1 (hoping)
Kerry
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Galway
Ros
Armagh
Monaghan.
I presume regionalisation would put thUlsters together?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Ros and Cavan were in sync and followed each other up.and down for a few years
Is the relationship over ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on October 25, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
Next years D1 (hoping)
Kerry
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Galway
Ros
Armagh
Monaghan.

Plenty of Ulsteration there.

Ironic then that 2, Cavan & Fermanagh, drop to Div. 3.

Westside

Quote from: seafoid on October 25, 2020, 03:04:15 PM
Ros and Cavan were in sync and followed each other up.and down for a few years
Is the relationship over ?

We just need some time to ourselves. Its been an abusive relationship.

Cunny Funt

Division 2 for next year

Cork
Down
Westmeath
Kildare
Laois
Clare
Meath
Mayo

Mayo and Meath will probably be favourites for promotion.

macdanger2

Howya, what's this place like?

Lar Naparka

Next years D1 (hoping)
Kerry
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Galway
Ros
Armagh
Monaghan.

Sincere congrats btw. I used to think the sheepophiles could do nothing else except chasing managers out of the county and fight among themselves as well disputes/accusations over CB money going awol.
Ye seem to have got yer act together in recent times and, with limited resources, you are punching above yer weight.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 25, 2020, 05:59:19 PM
Next years D1 (hoping)
Kerry
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Galway
Ros
Armagh
Monaghan.

Sincere congrats btw. I used to think the sheepophiles could do nothing else except chasing managers out of the county and fight among themselves as well disputes/accusations over CB money going awol.
Ye seem to have got yer act together in recent times and, with limited resources, you are punching above yer weight.

With the players Roscommon currently have available to them division 1 is very much the weight they should be punching in.

What managers was chased out? Maughan, Carr chased many of the better players out of the county teams and then both jumped ship midway through Div 2 campaign. John Evans was replaced after losing to Sligo and Fermanagh in the championship.

armaghniac

Quote from: mackers on October 25, 2020, 02:20:41 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 25, 2020, 07:57:15 AM
If the vaccine gets approval before January and it looked likely that it were to become widely available in the spring time as we're being told I could see the GAA leaving the start of the league until then and run another condensed campaign.  They'll be keen to get as many people through the doors as they can after a year with no attendances. As an Armagh fan if there's a possibility of this I would agree.  The thoughts of the Dubs or Kerry coming to Armagh and not being able to attend would be disappointing.

I don't believe that there is any chance of large attendances in the Spring. Even if some people are vaccinated, they won't allow large football type crowds until it proved to work and Covid numbers are negligible. It is quite likely that the first vaccine will still allow you get and transmit Covid, but will greatly reduce the extent of your illness. This would be a good thing in terms of keeping people out of hospital but would not lead to an immediate abolition of restrictions. i'd be happy to be proved wrong though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 25, 2020, 06:26:14 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 25, 2020, 05:59:19 PM
Next years D1 (hoping)
Kerry
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Galway
Ros
Armagh
Monaghan.

With the players Roscommon currently have available to them division 1 is very much the weight they should be punching in.

What managers was chased out? Maughan, Carr chased many of the better players out of the county teams and then both jumped ship midway through Div 2 campaign. John Evans was replaced after losing to Sligo and Fermanagh in the championship.
A back handedish compliment from Lar ::)
Des Newton left after a disastrous one  year.
McStay still lives among us. Like his fellow army men he had a penchant for dumping better players.

God knows whether there will be a full NFL or just some regionalised thing in 2021.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM