The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Never liked Smicer myself.Was in Prague about five years ago and while sitting outside a pub i saw Baros,Smicer and Rosisky walking down the road towards us all dressed in their Czech tracksuits.
I went over to ask for a autograph and get the Liverpool jersery i was wearing signed.Baros and Rosisky couldn't have been nicer and we talked about the Irish team etc albeit in bad broken english from the two lads,But Smicer completly blanked me and my mates and only grunted when we went to shake his hand
I know these players are probably sick and tired of people coming up to them but in fairness to Baros and Rosisky they were two sound fellas and we had a good chat with them while Smicer was a ignornant little shite
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 06, 2007, 12:17:42 PM
Never liked Smicer myself.Was in Prague about five years ago and while sitting outside a pub i saw Baros,Smicer and Rosisky walking down the road towards us all dressed in their Czech tracksuits.
I went over to ask for a autograph and get the Liverpool jersery i was wearing signed.Baros and Rosisky couldn't have been nicer and we talked about the Irish team etc albeit in bad broken english from the two lads,But Smicer completly blanked me and my mates and only grunted when we went to shake his hand
I know these players are probably sick and tired of people coming up to them but in fairness to Baros and Rosisky they were two sound fellas and we had a good chat with them while Smicer was a ignornant little shite

I'd probably be inclined to let the guy off on the basis that supporters are a nuisance. But Vladi always made a big deal of playing for Liverpool, with jersey kissing that would make a Waterford hurler blush. So you're right, he was being a right cheeky bastard!

The Real Laoislad

I see the mancs thread has started this discussion on possible transfer targets and i started to think about who Liverpool might consider buying
Are there any others bar the Eto's etc that we've already heard about?
Who would ye like?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2007, 03:56:23 PM
I see the mancs thread has started this discussion on possible transfer targets and i started to think about who Liverpool might consider buying
Are there any others bar the Eto's etc that we've already heard about?
Who would ye like?

The Champions to you Laoislad ;)

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

supersarsfields

That's a tough one.
My opinion this summer we should cut loose Garica, Bellemy, Fowler, Kewell and Hypia.
Granted we won't make a pile o these but should cut one hel of a lump outa the Wage bill.
Then we need to get in One established striker in the E'to Mould. And one other. I wouldn't might seeing Rafa putting in an offer on Teves (sp). I have been impressed by his form for WH.
Other than that, maybe an established left winger. Pennant has done alright on the right after a poor enough start. If he could start to get a bit of consistancy together he could be very useful.
Course we would need to get in a bit of cover for Carra and Agger if Hypia goes.

gawa316

I'd go for one of the big guns in spain..Torres, Villa or E'to and then someone like Bent who is proven in the prem and will be looking for a move with the euro champs coming up. We need creativity big time in midfield, somene who can do something out of nothing e.g. Messi, Kaka, Ronaldinho. Quaresma from portugal looks good but would he adapt to the prem?

The Real Laoislad

How about someone lke Gamst Pedersen at Blackburn i think he is a fine player and a great striker of the ball
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

We need world-class players - Pedersen is not that

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 08, 2007, 08:11:50 PM

World class players don't always make a good team though,Real Madrid for example
I think you need a blend of world class and hard workers to make a good team.I think Pedersen is a decent player and has had a great season at Blackburn,anythime i have seen him play he's impressed me
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FermGael

Going to Have to get up at 2.45 in the morning again to watch it over here in Oz but thats the sacrifice you make
for the Pool.  See that alex is doing his best to motivate the Liverpool players  ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6637733.stm

QuoteFerguson backs Milan to beat Reds 

Milan's semi-final victory over United impressed Ferguson
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes Liverpool have no chance of beating AC Milan in the Champions League final on 23 May.
Milan beat United in the semi-finals to set up a repeat of the 2005 final, which Liverpool won on penalties.

Ferguson told The Sun: "I'd bet for sure that Milan will win the Champions League. I'm absolutely certain of it.

"I told their manager Carlo Ancelotti at the end of our semi-final that there is no way he can not win it now."

Ferguson plans to toast Milan's victory with a bottle of wine given him by Ancelotti after his side had lost in Italy.

I'm still trying to analyse the factors involved but the truth remains we faced one of the best performances in the history of AC Milan

"Carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine," Ferguson added. "But I immediately told him I would only drink his win once I see him lifting the Champions Cup."

The United boss admits his team were outclassed in the second leg of their semi-final, which Milan won 3-0.

But Ferguson believes his side were tired from their efforts in the Premiership the previous weekend, which helped United regain the title for the first time since 2003.

"Milan's second-leg victory over us was stupendous, fantastic and extraordinary," Ferguson said.

"But I know we paid a high price for the Premiership fightback which we needed at Everton to turn a 2-0 scoreline into a 4-2 victory.

"Last week, Milan were fresher and better prepared tactically and physically.

"I'm still trying to analyse the factors involved. But the truth remains we faced one of the best performances in the history of AC Milan."

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2007, 08:14:00 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 08, 2007, 08:11:50 PM

I think Pedersen is a decent player and has had a great season at Blackburn,anythime i have seen him play he's impressed me

"A decent player"....high praise indeed. Pedersen is exactly the kind of player we need to avoid, we have had too many "decent"players over the last few years. We need players who are world class, Pedersen is not.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

corn02

Syd, you should know by now that Benitez only signs players who put the team first and are grafters i.e Crouch who I believe ended up with the most assistes this season.

Benitez will pick the right players, don't expect a team of super individuals, he has his layou in his mind and he will follow it.

I seriously suggest that everyone reads A season on the Brink by Guillem Baluage(?). A great insight into Rafa's thinking.

Uladh

Quote from: corn02 on May 09, 2007, 11:50:16 AM
I seriously suggest that everyone reads A season on the Brink by Guillem Baluage(?). A great insight into Rafa's thinking.

Do yo think he doesn't feel he has a squad capable of challenging for the title yet?

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: corn02 on May 09, 2007, 11:50:16 AM
Syd, you should know by now that Benitez only signs players who put the team first and are grafters i.e Crouch who I believe ended up with the most assistes this season.

Benitez will pick the right players, don't expect a team of super individuals, he has his layou in his mind and he will follow it.

There are plenty of world class players who work for the team, i think we need to get away from the calibre of player we have been getting in last few years if we want to win league, Pennant, Gonzalez etc.I have read "A Season On The Brink", a great read and boy is he thorough!
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"