FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: rrhf on October 09, 2017, 10:02:28 PM
Delighted for Martin O Neill and James Mc Lean. The northern lights of this team. O Neill takes so much stick from RTE and the Southern media and plenty on here. What do you think of that lads? How important is the Northern influence in your eyes? Laois lad et all.

What's all this north South shite. They all Irishmen, end of story.

ONeill

That was exhilarating.

Just glad your country could join ours in losing in the play offs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Watcher

Tremendous stuff, proud of all the players but being from the north west I'm particularly happy for McClean and Duffy.  Great lads.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2017, 10:26:24 PM
Quote from: rrhf on October 09, 2017, 10:02:28 PM
Delighted for Martin O Neill and James Mc Lean. The northern lights of this team. O Neill takes so much stick from RTE and the Southern media and plenty on here. What do you think of that lads? How important is the Northern influence in your eyes? Laois lad et all.

What's all this north South shite. They all Irishmen, end of story.

Sometimes you wouldn't know it given the anti-Ulster commentary you see from the mainstream Southern media and commentators that is repeated by the common folk.

Hound

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 09, 2017, 10:16:12 PM
Northerners certainly get a tough time from the Southern media, I think you'd need to have your head in the sand if you can't see it.
Utter nonsense. The fact that McClean, Duffy and O'Neill are from Derry rather than Cork or Dublin is totally irrelevant to anyone in Ireland in terms of praise or criticism dished out (to anyone apart from those in the 6 it seems)

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on October 09, 2017, 10:33:39 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 09, 2017, 10:16:12 PM
Northerners certainly get a tough time from the Southern media, I think you'd need to have your head in the sand if you can't see it.
Utter nonsense. The fact that McClean, Duffy and O'Neill are from Derry rather than Cork or Dublin is totally irrelevant to anyone in Ireland in terms of praise or criticism dished out (to anyone apart from those in the 6 it seems)

Don't feed the cries for attention any more than you have to.

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 09, 2017, 09:49:01 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 09, 2017, 09:44:55 PM
Italy in the playoffs? Who else can we meet?

Playoff seeds: Croatia, Denmark, Italy & Switzerland/Portugal

Non seeds: Northern Ireland, Sweden, Rep Ireland & Greece/Bosnia&Herzegovina
I make it Northern Ireland are seeded. They are ranked 20, Denmark only 26

ONeill

Can't agree. RTE panel v reluctant to give O'Neill praise tonight even though the fact that he'd steered a very middlin outfit to the play offs was right in their face. Throw in McClean and Duffy were their key players tonight........

Hound

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2017, 10:34:50 PM
What was Dunphy's "What would we do without Londonderry" comment about then?
Think he was just winding you up.

Dunphy loves McClean.

laoislad

Quote from: Hound on October 09, 2017, 10:35:37 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 09, 2017, 09:49:01 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 09, 2017, 09:44:55 PM
Italy in the playoffs? Who else can we meet?

Playoff seeds: Croatia, Denmark, Italy & Switzerland/Portugal

Non seeds: Northern Ireland, Sweden, Rep Ireland & Greece/Bosnia&Herzegovina
I make it Northern Ireland are seeded. They are ranked 20, Denmark only 26
Seeds to be decided from the next rankings not present. N.Ireland lost their last 2 so may drop a few places.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

ONeill

So it seems like all Ireland needed was a bit of Ulster efficiency.

BennyCake

Quote from: Orior on October 09, 2017, 10:01:49 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 09, 2017, 09:00:44 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2017, 08:59:16 PM
This has 0-0 written all over it.
Guaranteed

Right you two. I'm never listening to anything you say again, ever.

But I explained myself just after that post.

Hound

Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2017, 10:35:58 PM
Can't agree. RTE panel v reluctant to give O'Neill praise tonight even though the fact that he'd steered a very middlin outfit to the play offs was right in their face. Throw in McClean and Duffy were their key players tonight........
That's because we play shite football FFS. Not because of where he is from. They praised Duffy and McClean to high heaven. Dunphy also praises Michael ONeill hugely. Goes on about him being a great manager on his podcast all the time. Along the lines of getting a very average bunch of players to hugely over achieve, and while playing football the right way too.

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2017, 10:35:58 PM
Yes very similar caper to their GAA counterparts. O Neill doesn't like talking to them, mc Geeney doesn't talk, mickey Harte doesn't talk. 3 men like that can't be all wrong.