Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Just home and its sad to say we are at the very bottom of the pile now. We are a Div 4 outfit, a Div 4 management set up and a Div 4 administration. Simple as, no buts and no ifs.
Since we have to enter the qualifiers i honestly hope we get the toughest of draws and see where it takes us but id prefer if we just called it off right now. So so disappointed.

ned

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM
Just home and its sad to say we are at the very bottom of the pile now. We are a Div 4 outfit, a Div 4 management set up and a Div 4 administration. Simple as, no buts and no ifs.
Since we have to enter the qualifiers i honestly hope we get the toughest of draws and see where it takes us but id prefer if we just called it off right now. So so disappointed.

This post might make sense if everyone knew who 'we' are. Always thought it would be useful if we had our county allegiance as part of our sidebar profile.

armaghniac

Quote from: ned on June 04, 2017, 06:20:33 PM

This post might make sense if everyone knew who 'we' are. Always thought it would be useful if we had our county allegiance as part of our sidebar profile.

Do you think that some of us forlorn Armagh people are going to go into the Laois local forum looking for sympathy?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2017, 08:39:16 PM
Do you think that some of us forlorn Armagh people are going to go into the Laois local forum looking for sympathy?

What the hell is this all about ? ? ? ? ?
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

armaghniac

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on June 05, 2017, 01:06:34 AM

You could try reading the previous post and mine and stop typing nonsense.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ned

Quote from: armaghniac on June 05, 2017, 01:44:53 AM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on June 05, 2017, 01:06:34 AM

You could try reading the previous post and mine and stop typing nonsense.

Like my nonsense! Used the 'unread posts' function and thought this was a general thread on qualifiers! Doh!

Don Draper

Can we get Armagh or Longford? They seem to be the only teams we can beat nowadays.

High Fielder

We should do ourselves a favour and pull out altogether. I can't see any good reason to subscribe to the Qualifiers after what happened yesterday. There are a number of other counties in the same boat and like us, they are wasting their time. The GAA is basically 4-6 counties. Everything else is to a greater or lesser degree pointless.

SCFC

You'll get plenty of sympathy off us  ;) Ye and Carlow are the only teams we can beat consistently!

OTF

Quote from: SCFC on June 05, 2017, 02:42:43 PM

You'll get plenty of sympathy off us  ;) Ye and Carlow are the only teams we can beat consistently!

Jazus I wouldn't fancy either right now, as a matter of fact I don't fancy anyone  all we need right now is for Carlow  to beat us and our embarrassment will be complete.

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on June 05, 2017, 02:42:43 PM

The sad reality is that every other team will be looking to get us in the draw in order to get their season back on the road.

SCFC

Wicklow away. Horrible draw. A real no win scenario.
Win and it's "only Wicklow". Lose and well you know the rest.
Still the positive view should be that this is the chance to get a qualifier run going.

Nameless

Two division 4 teams face off and we're away. Moral will obviously be low so losing this game is a possibility. I wouldn't put any money on us winning anyway.

Don Draper

Quote from: Nameless on June 06, 2017, 09:12:41 AM
Two division 4 teams face off and we're away. Moral will obviously be low so losing this game is a possibility. I wouldn't put any money on us winning anyway.
If there's anything in the players, they'll win that. Anything at all.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

This is the game the players should be looking at to get back on track and get something out of this year. I know we are poor at the moment but I don't think we did ourselves justice last Sunday. There is no way we are 14 points worse than Kildare and that will be seen when Kildare meet Meath.

Win this and we get some confidence back but lose and I really think we are in for a very bad few years supporting Laois football. Hopefully we will have Mark and Stephen back for this one and if we can get Donie to start spreading the ball around and bring the rest of the forwards into the game we can go a bit further.

Here is the draw in full:

All-Ireland qualifiers Round 1A
(Games to be played weekend June 17/18)

Waterford v Derry

Louth v Longford

Wicklow v Laois

Sligo v Antrim

All-Ireland qualifiers Round 1B

(Games to be played weekend June 24/25)

Westmeath/Offaly v Cavan/Monaghan

Armagh v Fermanagh

Limerick v Wexford

London v Carlow
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!