Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Eire90 on January 23, 2020, 07:10:44 PM
Ciaran Donaghy  says get rid of black card an introduce a 50 metre rule for fouls that would have been a black card
Conor Lane says do both!

Ball Hopper

On this defensive mark thing...I presume a shot for a point that falls into the keepers hands is a mark and he has 15 seconds to take his kick after putting his hand up.

There will be outrage if the GAA are seen to be taking soccer rules on board...and soccer says the keeper must use the ball within 6 seconds, not our 15!

Or is there a rule that says keepers cannot claim a mark? 

lenny

Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 25, 2020, 02:48:24 AM
On this defensive mark thing...I presume a shot for a point that falls into the keepers hands is a mark and he has 15 seconds to take his kick after putting his hand up.

There will be outrage if the GAA are seen to be taking soccer rules on board...and soccer says the keeper must use the ball within 6 seconds, not our 15!

for defensive marks the player gets 5 seconds

Rossfan

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2020, 09:55:09 AM

I don't recall reading that anywhere???
The bit that annoys me is if a player doesn't claim the mark he gets 4 steps where he cant be challenged.
Claiming the mark should be the only privilege, playing on should be fair game for tackles etc
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 25, 2020, 10:37:34 AM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2020, 09:55:09 AM

I don't recall reading that anywhere???
The bit that annoys me is if a player doesn't claim the mark he gets 4 steps where he cant be challenged.
Claiming the mark should be the only privilege, playing on should be fair game for tackles etc

Will need to look at that again as I thought if the forward Mark isn't claimed he can be tackled! Glad I'm not out this weekend! Will study the games tomorrow
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

delgany

Apart from the change to the kick  out , the other two changes have disaster written all over them . They have too many variables that are open to interpretation by the referee and the general public watching games , never mind the impact at club level . Too much, too soon and too many changes .

tippabu

So am I right to say that a player who doesnt take a mark and plays on but is tackled gets a free from the point of the tackle? Is there any other penalty such as ball being moved up or a different player to the one who took the mark now being able to take the free? Can a ref give advantage to a player who takes a mark, plays on and is tackled fairly but is trying to break a tackle to get in on goal or will many refs just blow for the free straight away?

general_lee

This advance mark rule the shíttest rule ever concocted. Watched a match earlier, ball played in, player catches it and then drops it but the ref already awarded him the mark therefore he gets a free in? Horseshit

lenny

Quote from: general_lee on February 02, 2020, 03:38:35 PM
This advance mark rule the shíttest rule ever concocted. Watched a match earlier, ball played in, player catches it and then drops it but the ref already awarded him the mark therefore he gets a free in? Horseshit

That's nothing to do with the rule, the problem there is the ref.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on February 02, 2020, 03:43:14 PM

If he catches the ball clean in air but on way down drops it, it's a mark. The problem is people not knowing the rules?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2020, 04:56:51 PM

If he catches the ball clean in air but on way down drops it, it's a mark. The problem is people not knowing the rules?
I would have assumed the player would have to land safely with ball in hand, in order for it to qualify as a clean catch.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on February 02, 2020, 05:25:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2020, 04:56:51 PM

I would have assumed the player would have to land safely with ball in hand, in order for it to qualify as a clean catch.

We were told that a clean catch, whether he hit the floor or not with the ball wasn't our concern, but hey no one will know and assume they know better, I'd a balls up today and I knew it made the wrong call with a double mark, it's going to happen!

Farrandeelin

Is the original mark still the same? Or do you have to claim it too?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

I know it was bloody Colm Reilly but...
Conor Daly made a defensive mark late on, a schemozzle developed, Fermanagh no.24 got a yellow card and then he hopped the ball.
??????