Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Best current add ons for films or tv?

Thanks

SF

Jim Bob

Covenant , exodus, terrarium TV. Take your pick

In other news Sportsmania have finally got their payment system up.
You can only pay by Bitcoin and it's 10 dollars per month. You can only buy a month at a time. Subscribers are generally up in arms. Price has nearly doubled and you need to purchase a VPN if you wish to view Premier League games.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 28, 2017, 04:20:48 PM

You can only pay by Bitcoin and it's 10 dollars per month. You can only buy a month at a time. Subscribers are generally up in arms. Price has nearly doubled and you need to purchase a VPN if you wish to view Premier League games.
f**k Sportsmania at this point.

laoislad

And how does one acquire bitcoins?
Does that VPN rule only apply to The UK? I've had no problem watching Premier League games up to now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

VPN - there is a court order on behalf on the Premier League that blocks the internet service providers in the UK to prevent access to sportsmania during designated periods. This is generally during Saturday and Sunday PL matches. If using a non-UK ISP, you should be fine. For now at least.

BTC can be bought pretty easily these days. Coinbase.com probably the easiest but there'll be transaction fees on the purchase of the BTC from euro/sterling and then BTC fees when paying sportmania.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2017, 06:10:56 PM

f**k Sportsmania at this point.

You re not the only one saying this. Time for another premium sports app. Anyone know any?

Boycey

I've said it on here before but there's no need for anyone to be relying on Sportsmania as their go to source for sport anymore. Numerous IPTV tv providers provide similar/better services at comparible prices.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Boycey on October 28, 2017, 09:30:42 PM
I've said it on here before but there's no need for anyone to be relying on Sportsmania as their go to source for sport anymore. Numerous IPTV tv providers provide similar/better services at comparible prices.

On the look out for one. If you know any that you know do the business well  can you post here?

stiffler

Anyone got a link for epg to work on iptv?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2017, 05:38:35 PM

What device you using?

stiffler

Quote from: Boycey on October 31, 2017, 06:41:23 PM

What device you using?

Perfect player via firestick

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2017, 06:42:27 PM

What device you using?

Sorry, not a device I've used for IPTV so could be talking out of my hole (not for the 1st time) but did whoever you provided you with your m3u URL not provide an EPG url? I know you can download EPGs online but would have no clue what might be a reliable source..

stiffler

Quote from: Boycey on October 31, 2017, 07:04:59 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2017, 06:42:27 PM

What device you using?

Sorry, not a device I've used for IPTV so could be talking out of my hole (not for the 1st time) but did whoever you provided you with your m3u URL not provide an EPG url? I know you can download EPGs online but would have no clue what might be a reliable source..

Yeah was provided initially but now has stopped working and can't get in touch.

Bud Wiser

The best TV Box to buy is Zoomtak. (Zoomtak.net)  They are updated from the Zoomtak server so even if you mess up the configuration they just log on and download the latest configuration.  If you are using WiFi to connect (from your router to your telly) you need to get the latest version  802.11AC and not 802.11n/b/g.  Why? Because in a few years you will need to be streaming in HD / 4K resolution, if not already.

802.11ac is the new kid on the block and any other is a waste of money.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

The Iceman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on November 01, 2017, 11:13:01 AM
The best TV Box to buy is Zoomtak. (Zoomtak.net)  They are updated from the Zoomtak server so even if you mess up the configuration they just log on and download the latest configuration.  If you are using WiFi to connect (from your router to your telly) you need to get the latest version  802.11AC and not 802.11n/b/g.  Why? Because in a few years you will need to be streaming in HD / 4K resolution, if not already.

802.11ac is the new kid on the block and any other is a waste of money.
thanks for the share Bud  - they have a lot of different versions for sale - what are your thoughts on the best one to buy?
My original raspberry Pi is dead and buried and I'm in the market for something easier
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight