Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 01, 2017, 08:40:58 PM
I'm not an expert but I read that the zGemma is not great for IPTV.

It's got a pretty small processor.  The H2S was made as a satellite box, not for streaming.  So I guess anyone who doesn't already have a H2S should look at getting something made specifically for IPTV.

Aye Joe if you didn't have a zGemma box you wouldn't buy one for this job, that said it seems to be going fine and from what I read plenty have them.

IPTV can be put on most devices Kodi, firestick, mag, android box even straight onto Samsung and LG TVs without the need of a box at all. I've an LG TVs at home that I'm going to try a trial line over the weekend. Mind you I never get near the tv in the house so it's a bit pointless  ;D

It'd need decent broadband, I've seen 10meg quoted but I'd reckon more. Obviously you would need unlimited usage too..

straightred

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 01, 2017, 08:40:58 PM
I'm not an expert but I read that the zGemma is not great for IPTV.

It's got a pretty small processor.  The H2S was made as a satellite box, not for streaming.  So I guess anyone who doesn't already have a H2S should look at getting something made specifically for IPTV.

agree with that. I have a MXIII box running sportsmania and I have sportmania on the zgemma for the channels that stopped working (other room). Picture is better through the MXIII box. It does work though on the zgemma so if you have one don't throw it out.

Up The Middle

Anyone having issues with Exodus and Phoenix on the firestick? Trying to watch House of Cards and the links are freezing up and sometimes not playing at all. Doesn't seem to be any HD links either.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

heffo

Quote from: Up The Middle on June 02, 2017, 08:30:07 AM
Anyone having issues with Exodus and Phoenix on the firestick? Trying to watch House of Cards and the links are freezing up and sometimes not playing at all. Doesn't seem to be any HD links either.

No links were playing for me last night - am on Kodi 15ish

johnneycool

Fired up the firestick for the first time in a while yesterday to watch the hurling on Sky Sports 1 and Sports Devil was working like a dream much to my surprise as I was struggling badly to get streams for the last month or so of the premiership.

Happy days.

MoChara

Quote from: johnneycool on June 05, 2017, 09:16:13 AM
Fired up the firestick for the first time in a while yesterday to watch the hurling on Sky Sports 1 and Sports Devil was working like a dream much to my surprise as I was struggling badly to get streams for the last month or so of the premiership.

Happy days.

Sky have a court order regarding the PL so they were disrupting the services, everyone was getting shite connections even paid for subscriptions, since the end of the PL everything seems to be bang on.

themac_23

Can IPTV be setup on an iPad?

nrico2006

Quote from: themac_23 on June 08, 2017, 09:37:55 AM
Can IPTV be setup on an iPad?

I know people running their sub off tablets, not sure which types but don't see any reason why the iPad would run it without issue.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Don Johnson

I got the IPTV from a crowd on Facebook, Elite something or other. Sent a USB in the post to update my Zgemma box, but it isn't great. The sky sports are back on, BT Sport isn't on it. Most of the entertainment on it, no Sky One or Atlantic though. Movies are inconsistent as well.

I messaged the fella the first night, he said they were updating servers. Messaged him again yesterday, no reply. Good job I only paid £10 for the first month.

AZOffaly

I use Team ExPat. So far it's very good.

dclane

What can be done with a Chromecast box. Are they the same as an Android box?

Boycey

Quote from: dclane on June 09, 2017, 10:43:54 AM

Why would anyone in their right mind give someone like you help?

Boycey

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 09, 2017, 10:06:29 AM
I got the IPTV from a crowd on Facebook, Elite something or other. Sent a USB in the post to update my Zgemma box, but it isn't great. The sky sports are back on, BT Sport isn't on it. Most of the entertainment on it, no Sky One or Atlantic though. Movies are inconsistent as well.

I messaged the fella the first night, he said they were updating servers. Messaged him again yesterday, no reply. Good job I only paid £10 for the first month.

I signed up for IPTV (zgemma box) about a week or so ago and my experience couldn't be any different. Full working EPG, still able to record etc, all channels working flawlessly, all the main sports and movie channels in FHD. American Channels, all footie, ppv and a comprehensive VOD section.

dclane

Quote from: Boycey on June 09, 2017, 10:50:00 AM
Quote from: dclane on June 09, 2017, 10:43:54 AM

Why would anyone in their right mind give someone like you help?
Are you looking for an answer to that question?
I'd be happy to help.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Boycey on June 09, 2017, 11:06:19 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on June 09, 2017, 10:06:29 AM

I signed up for IPTV (zgemma box) about a week or so ago and my experience couldn't be any different. Full working EPG, still able to record etc, all channels working flawlessly, all the main sports and movie channels in FHD. American Channels, all footie, ppv and a comprehensive VOD section.

Where did you get your sub?