Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: johnneycool on April 26, 2017, 11:02:22 AM
Quote from: gallsman on April 26, 2017, 11:01:00 AM
No, with SM you can do either - watch a live channel or select by event.

Have Sports Mania stopped taking new subscriptions?

They did after there was uproar at Christmas when, i think, they didn't have the infrastructure in place to handle the masses who got boxes and a subscription for presents combined with all the sport on at the same time. Not sure if it's been opened again since.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on April 26, 2017, 11:11:52 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 26, 2017, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 26, 2017, 08:47:54 AM
MoChara, the difference is that SportsMania is only really for watching live sport.

Whereas I think the thing with "proper" IPTV is that it works pretty much the way Sky does where you can get the movie channels, the Kids channels and all the silly Kardashian type channels also.

I presume your IPTV sub works this way?

My IPTV sub works this way. Sports, Movies, American Channels, Sky Channels etc...

€25 for 3 months.

Is this IPTV you talk off an app of some description?

It is also a generic term for TV source over the interweb.

Yes I am aware of that. Technically my IPTV app then.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 26, 2017, 12:43:18 PM
MoChara, the difference is that SportsMania is only really for watching live sport.

Whereas I think the thing with "proper" IPTV is that it works pretty much the way Sky does where you can get the movie channels, the Kids channels and all the silly Kardashian type channels also.

My IPTV sub works this way. Sports, Movies, American Channels, Sky Channels etc...

€25 for 3 months.

If a close personal friend of mine wanted to get this IPTV up and running, how would they go about doing it? This lad currently has a Sportsmania sub which is watched via Kodi on a fire stick.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 26, 2017, 12:43:18 PM

€25 for 3 months.

this one?

http://koditips.com/ultimate-iptv-kodi-addon-live-tv-m3u8/

AZOffaly

No I have Team Expat. It is an add on in Kodi (Xstream Codes or something like that) but is also available as an apk. Their support is excellent.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Team.eXpat.Support/

Tyrone Gaa

Maybe slightly off topic but I am considering switching from my awful android box to Zgemma box wit 24 month subscription with Sky Q skins.  I still used my android box for kodi and exodus app for series links but is this available on Zgemma or IPTV available on Zgemma sorry for the questions I'm a complete novice when it comes to technology
Living the dream!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 26, 2017, 01:25:00 PM
No I have Team Expat. It is an add on in Kodi (Xstream Codes or something like that) but is also available as an apk. Their support is excellent.
Do you need to buy a box for it and if so from where?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 26, 2017, 01:28:20 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 26, 2017, 01:25:00 PM
Do you need to buy a box for it and if so from where?

No, I have it on 2 Android boxes (both approx €50) plugged into a homeplug wired network (getting about 60-70 mbps) and into a telly in the sitting room and the second one in a bedroom.

You can then install the apk directly, or as an add on to Kodi. It only allows me view on 1 box at a time, but if I add a second 'line' for €2.99 a month I can watch on both. No need for me to do that because I tend to use it for American channels, and that's normally only me watching, so that's fine.

Also works (the subscription) on phone/tablet etc, subject to the 1 viewer at a time restriction,

nrico2006

When I talk about IPTV, I mean an option accessed via the blue button on the ZGemma that has up to 20 'apps' such as 'Watch Series', 'HD Cartoon', 'iPlayer' etc.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Smokin Joe

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 26, 2017, 01:46:06 PM
When I talk about IPTV, I mean an option accessed via the blue button on the ZGemma that has up to 20 'apps' such as 'Watch Series', 'HD Cartoon', 'iPlayer' etc.

Yes, I guess the last page has been about a subscription based IPTV service that effectively replaces Sky (including the EPG etc).
How you access that seems to be different (I assume) from the IPTV plugin via the blue button. 
As a guide, I seen this posted on a forum this morning:

Installation Guide – Enigma2
Installing IPTV on Enigma2 Devices
As with any changes on Engima2 devices, it is recommended you take a backup
of your device first.
What you will need:
 Putty (for Windows) or Terminal (for a mac)
 A form of text editor – Notepad++, Wordpad or Notepadqq (Do not use
Notepad)
 Epgimport – This must be installed on your device before you start importing
our service. If not already installed, please go to Menu >> Plugins >> Download
Plugins >> Extensions (You must restart your device once installed)
 IPTV Script – Download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny3zpgoymwjq6se/IPTVScript.txt?dl=0
Installation
Open Putty, and in the 'Host Name (or IP address)' box enter the enigma2 boxes IP
address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open
Then log in using the word, root
Now open the IPTV Script you have downloaded in your text editor and replace
the word 'username' with your IPTV username and the word 'password' with your
IPTV password.
Then save your file, select all and copy the entire contents. Once copied, paste the
contents straight into Putty. Once is it pasted, press enter.
The script will now run and re-boot on its own. You will now have our service added into
their own bouquets.
Adding the EPG
The EPG files were automatically added when the script was run. Open Epgimport and
select sources. Then import the following sources by ticking them and then saving.
UK IPTV, Canadian IPTV, Canadian1 IPTV, USA IPTV and USA1 IPTV, International IPTV,
International1 IPTV, International2 IPTV, Rytec UK XMLTV and Rytec Middle East XMLTV.
Once saved, it will take you to the next screen, click the yellow button 'Manual
option' and that will scan all the options you have just ticked to your attached HDD or
USB.
After you have run the initial scan, you can then set Epgimport to scan whenever
you want to update the EPG information. Setting it to scan daily and at boot up is
the recommend option.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: FermGael on April 26, 2017, 09:32:11 AM
UltimateMania is run by the same crowd that does Sportsmania but does the rest of the channels as well plus the Sport. £75 for the year and the quality is great as long as you have good broadband.  The 1080p streams for the Sport are excellent at the moment. I run it through the Amazon FireTV and absolutely no bother.

As for as TV guide, the only one that works seems to be OnTapp but its a bit of a pain and I have never bothered to set it up.
[/b]

This is the set up I use. Ultimate mania integrated with OnTapp for a TV guide. It does the job.

laoislad

Sportsmania letting me down big time tonight with the boxing. Anyone else?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

I watched the whole undercard fine, but I lost it when the ring walk started for the main fight.

Boycey

Had it on from about 8.30, crystal clear not a single buffer..

michaelg

Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2017, 10:39:40 PM
Yes mate - Ended up going to 5live ffs!