Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lads, what's the difference between a zGemma box, and an Android box for €50 that I bought on Amazon? Is it far superior, longer lasting? Better processor?

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 28, 2017, 02:57:13 PM
Lads, what's the difference between a zGemma box, and an Android box for €50 that I bought on Amazon? Is it far superior, longer lasting? Better processor?

A zGemma is principally a Sky replacement box that connects to ur Sky Dish, it has the added benefit of being able to steam stuff like the android box u have.

AZOffaly

Ah, ok. If you are a Sky Q customer, there's no benefit to getting one of those boxes? Might as well just stick with what I have?

I'm thinking of getting another one for the bedroom. The one I have, an A1 box, is doing grand plugged into the Ethernet Cable, using home plugs. Should I just get another one of them (about 45 euro on Amazon) or is there a better one I should be looking at?

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 28, 2017, 03:22:25 PM
Ah, ok. If you are a Sky Q customer, there's no benefit to getting one of those boxes? Might as well just stick with what I have?

I'm thinking of getting another one for the bedroom. The one I have, an A1 box, is doing grand plugged into the Ethernet Cable, using home plugs. Should I just get another one of them (about 45 euro on Amazon) or is there a better one I should be looking at?

I'd not bother with a zGemma unless you are doing away with Sky. (depends on how much u paying Sky I guess)

I've no experience of that A1 box I have an old MX something or other that I use when exiled from the main tv of the house (most nights) I don't even bother with the homeplugs it never misses a beat on either Exodus or Sportmania. The newer MX boxes are not far off the price you paid for yours.

AZOffaly

Boycey

They are a budget one like the one you use, they are the only one I'm familiar with and the one I see most often coming up on ads in Facebook and the like. If ur happy with the one ur using get another one of them as u will be familiar with it?

I think nvidea shields are supposed to be the best but I'd be fcuked if I pay over 200 quid for one. A few on here have highly recommended the firetv before as a good box, they are about £80 and I think u still have to sideload Kodi onto it

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 28, 2017, 03:59:30 PM
Are MX the best?
I think alot of them are the same box with different branding.
The MX box I have has been used constantly for almost 3 years and apart from a minor near death experience the other night it's still going strong.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Boycey

Just downloaded the new 2.0 Sportsmania App to the auld MX box, saves going through Kodi.. The matrix tv one never worked right for me on box but works brilliantly on iPad

gallsman

Have tried the new app out on my phone. Still only in beta but appears to be working great.

BenDover

Quote from: Boycey on February 28, 2017, 04:29:05 PM
They are a budget one like the one you use, they are the only one I'm familiar with and the one I see most often coming up on ads in Facebook and the like. If ur happy with the one ur using get another one of them as u will be familiar with it?

I think nvidea shields are supposed to be the best but I'd be fcuked if I pay over 200 quid for one. A few on here have highly recommended the firetv before as a good box, they are about £80 and I think u still have to sideload Kodi onto it
Sideloading Kodi onto a Firestick is fairly straightforward and can be done all through the Firestick just follow the guide on here https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

Boycey

Quote from: BenDover on March 01, 2017, 08:25:31 AM
Quote from: Boycey on February 28, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

Sideloading Kodi onto a Firestick is fairly straightforward and can be done all through the Firestick just follow the guide on here https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

Yeah I've done it before, it is a pain in the hole though to have to side load anything...

FermGael

Apps2Fire. 

Great wee app for sideloading onto a Firestick or FireTV.
Very straightforward
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

lurganblue

Quote from: FermGael on March 01, 2017, 09:19:34 AM
Apps2Fire. 

Great wee app for sideloading onto a Firestick or FireTV.
Very straightforward

For some reason i couldnt get it to work last week when sideloading kodi 17.  Had to use ES explorer instead, which i find a pain in the hole

Boycey

I finally got around to set up Real Debrid on Exodus today, feck me the links are absolutely savage. Best €16 I spent in a long time..