Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 25, 2017, 02:10:48 PM
Anyone got any experience of the Openbox V8S?

You buying new or having a problem with one?

snoopdog

Eirsport 2 on sportsmania tonight is showing eirsport 1. Anyone else having same issue. Not that i really want to punish myself by watching Down.

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on February 25, 2017, 07:11:28 PM
Eirsport 2 on sportsmania tonight is showing eirsport 1. Anyone else having same issue. Not that i really want to punish myself by watching Down.
Laois v Tipp is on eir sport 1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: snoopdog on February 25, 2017, 07:11:28 PM

Is it the Mayo match you are looking??

It's on Premier HD in the Sports HD category, feck watching that Laois shite  ;)

The confusion over matches arises cause they show different matches on Eir2 and Eir2HD

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Boycey on February 25, 2017, 02:55:31 PM

just bought 1
Careful now

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 25, 2017, 07:31:16 PM

just bought 1

I was gonna tell ya to buy something else  ;D but since you have bought it I'll change my approach a Bit.

They are a decent reliable box, a bit dated in that they have very basic EPG so are slightly more difficult to navigate but it won't let you down. I've one at my work this 3 years and it's still going fine..

Dougal Maguire

Yes. Thanks for that. Was going to get a zgemma but the guy talked me out of it
Careful now

laoislad

And my MXIII lives on  8)
Decided to give it one last chance last night and it still wouldn't work  :'( .
I then thought maybe it was the Bluetooth dongle I've in it for the remote causing it to switch on and off as it was the only thing apart from the power lead plugged into it. Amazingly enough as soon as I took it out the box stopped switching on and off and worked perfectly.I've a spare remote for it so all is good again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

What remote do have? Does it offer much more functionality than the bog standard one that comes with the box

lurganblue

Quote from: Boycey on February 25, 2017, 07:42:00 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 25, 2017, 07:31:16 PM

just bought 1

I was gonna tell ya to buy something else  ;D but since you have bought it I'll change my approach a Bit.

They are a decent reliable box, a bit dated in that they have very basic EPG so are slightly more difficult to navigate but it won't let you down. I've one at my work this 3 years and it's still going fine..

What box would you recommend?  I see people locally advertising these for £160 with recording functions, boxsets, cinema movies and 3pm games.  They are specific in saying that it isnt Kodi and is a satelite replacement.

Boycey

I upgraded in the last 12 months from the open box type tHING to zGemma specifically a zGemma h2s. There is a bit of a learning curve with them but the benefits of them is a much better user experience. Record, pause, watch one thing record another, 7 day EPG. There are also IPTV and Kodi plugins that make it a streaming box too..

That £160 sounds about right for one already set up. I've seen them here locally for around €200 but beware they were an older ZGemma box with only one tuner meaning some of the above functionality is lost.

lurganblue

Good man Boycey. Thanks for the info

take_yer_points

Quote from: Boycey on February 27, 2017, 02:35:37 PM
I upgraded in the last 12 months from the open box type tHING to zGemma specifically a zGemma h2s. There is a bit of a learning curve with them but the benefits of them is a much better user experience. Record, pause, watch one thing record another, 7 day EPG. There are also IPTV and Kodi plugins that make it a streaming box too..

That £160 sounds about right for one already set up. I've seen them here locally for around €200 but beware they were an older ZGemma box with only one tuner meaning some of the above functionality is lost.

I've one of these setup Boycey but I find the recording a bit hit and miss - maybe I'm doing something wrong. Do you find it reliable if you set it up to record the same thing every week (like series link)?

Boycey

Quote from: take_yer_points on February 27, 2017, 03:41:30 PM
Quote from: Boycey on February 27, 2017, 02:35:37 PM

I've one of these setup Boycey but I find the recording a bit hit and miss - maybe I'm doing something wrong. Do you find it reliable if you set it up to record the same thing every week (like series link)?

To be honest I don't really use the record function with live tv that much, actually I probably never use it. I tend to stream any series I'm following or download multiple episodes all at once using the IPTV player on the box.

Heres what looks like the same problem on a zgemma forum http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/119411-series-link-recording-problems.html . If it doesn't help have a look around in there for another solution or register and ask your question they are a helpful lot generally

Smokin Joe

I record a lot on the Z Gemma.

Shoot.......

The first thing to do when selecting a series link is to until the day of the week.  If the program is on Monday, it will default to just looking for that program on Mondays.  So deselect the day of the week and then it will look for the program ever day of the week.

Also worth noting that it needs to find the exact title otherwise it won't find it.  For example if you were recording Celebrity Big Brother it won't know that "Live Eviction: CBB" is the same program.  So you need to record that also.
It also only looks for a specific time slot (but you can widen those as required).

So in essence, it's not a true series link, but rather it will record a program when the title, teh channel selected and the timeframe returns a match.  Once you appreciate that I think it becomes more intuitive.