Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

What box have you got? Have you tried clearing the cache?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

It's an ABox, A1 plus. got it on Amazon for €60. I have it plugged into Ethernet over Homeplug, and it's working very well with exodus etc. As I say, the Live TV plays brilliantly. For a minute :) But there's no buffering or slowness.

I think I did clear the cache, but I'll try that again. The little one is watching BFG at the moment :)

laoislad

Sounds like it might be the add on(x tream codes) itself is the problem then rather than the box or your internet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

MoChara

I'd be tempted to get the ultimate mania, what sort of payments do they accept I don't fancy putting card details into pirate TV site lol

Boycey

They use Stripe it's as safe or safer as PayPal

MoChara

Quote from: Boycey on February 05, 2017, 02:16:07 PM
They use Stripe it's as safe or safer as PayPal

Cheers I'll look into it tomorrow

gallsman

I wouldn't bother with ultimate mania. Anything non-sports you can get in it will be on exodus.

AZOffaly

You can't get live tv on exodus can you?

lurganblue

Rumour that the guy who runs Exodus has quit?  There are others of course but it was the best.

This might be covered already i suppose but can i watch sportsmani/sportsnationHD on my PS4? (even better, is it possible to get Kodi on my PS4)?

AZOffaly

Quote from: lurganblue on February 07, 2017, 10:21:55 AM
Rumour that the guy who runs Exodus has quit?  There are others of course but it was the best.

This might be covered already i suppose but can i watch sportsmani/sportsnationHD on my PS4? (even better, is it possible to get Kodi on my PS4)?

He has, but Exodus is remaining. Apparently he coded in a Denial of Service attack which affected other Add Ons, because he was pissed off that they were using his code as a baseline.

He was caught when someone looked at his code, and all hell broke loose, so he walked away. I think TVADDONS are going to keep it going.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: gallsman on February 06, 2017, 07:29:03 AM
I wouldn't bother with ultimate mania. Anything non-sports you can get in it will be on exodus.

I am thinking about getting one of these services, my needs are access to the Irish channels (RTE, TG4 etc) and GAA coverage during the year. Also if I could access geo-blocked content on the RTE player it would be a major plus. Which service would be best?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: FL/MAYO on February 07, 2017, 02:19:48 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 06, 2017, 07:29:03 AM
[/quote

I am thinking about getting one of these services, my needs are access to the Irish channels (RTE, TG4 etc) and GAA coverage during the year. Also if I could access geo-blocked content on the RTE player it would be a major plus. Which service would be best?

This service for streaming live tv feeds is excellent  https://www.firstonetv.eu/Live
Both Eir sports 1 and Premier are available and is a good standby for  the geo-blocked Irish channels.

From another thread on the GAA page.

lurganblue

Has anyone any experience with Plex? is it the same as Kodi?  I noticed that my smart Tv has an app for it.  I've heard of it but know very little about it.

gallsman

Plex is a media server. I've used for streaming local files of my own to various devices - TV, phone etc. Decent but these days, to me it's more or less defunct. Not sure if there are add-ons for it like Kodi.