Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: FermGael on January 17, 2017, 11:58:43 AM
I have a firestick with sports mania add on installed. 
So far it has been a great job. 
I particularly like the matrix player part which means you can use it like sky go.

Now at times I have had issues with the firestick because of the poor memory it has.
Can anybody recommend a box you could upgrade to ?

Amazon  Firebox tv is a great job.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

DickyRock

+1 on the fire tv. The stick did my head in. With the tv the UI is more responsive. Stream load very quickly. Even possible to resume programs/films in the middle which was more or less impossible with the stick.

FermGael

Running of wi-fi okay for the firebox ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

DickyRock

All good -  I've had no issues with wifi. Only issues I have are the shitty bt hubs, but that affects all connected devices not just the fire tv.

gallsman

I have a Fire TV and find it useful as I've a Prime account. If you don't, there's no point in paying more for the Fire TV then a higher spec box.

laceer

What do you get the most use out of with the prime account? Been looking into getting one recently.

take_yer_points

Quote from: laceer on January 18, 2017, 07:12:43 AM
What do you get the most use out of with the prime account? Been looking into getting one recently.

If you know any university students are staff who aren't interested in prime you can use their details to get a 6 month free trial and then half price prime after that.

Boycey

I know there are other benefits to having a Prime account but are you not just paying for movies and TV that is just free on other android boxes??

gallsman

I use Prime for its delivery speed, not for Prime Video. However, as I have it, i use it to watch videos that are on it rather than exodus. Anything else I just go to exodus.

bamboo

Got an MXIII box today thanks to LL recommendations and have set it up and having a play about with it. As I'm in London the aim is to try and catch the gaa on RTE during the summer. Whats the easiest way of doing this? Tried castaway but can't seem to have any luck. Ill subscribe to sportsmania once I get my head round the whole thing. Cheers lads.

Boycey

Quote from: bamboo on January 22, 2017, 07:03:05 PM
Got an MXIII box today thanks to LL recommendations and have set it up and having a play about with it. As I'm in London the aim is to try and catch the gaa on RTE during the summer. Whats the easiest way of doing this? Tried castaway but can't seem to have any luck. Ill subscribe to sportsmania once I get my head round the whole thing. Cheers lads.

I've never had to look for RTE from an out of Ireland perspective so wouldn't be an expert but I do know that RTE and TG4 are included in a Sportsmania subscription so that'd be pretty reliable (currently :) ). I'm sure RTE can be found on free add-ons but is likely to be hit and miss and wouldl likely let you down just when you really want it.

Gallsman is probably the man to answer the question best I'd say..

MoChara

Quote from: bamboo on January 22, 2017, 07:03:05 PM

I'm in the North, the problem you'll have is getting an RTE that is showing the match, like the iPlayer  for "international" viewers sometimes they show something else I'm guessing for copyright reasons, although I've much less bother with getting matches on TG4, generally I use either the stand alone app Modbro or UK Turks on Kodi.

The matches that are on both RTE and Sky Sports I normally just watch a sky stream as you'll be more likely to get a good quality dependable stream.

If anyone else has better ways of watching I'd be interested myself.

gallsman

I used sports mania for rte for the championship last summer. Can also install rte player and use a DNS provider to get it as if in Ireland.

bamboo

Cheers lads. Still getting used to it but seems fairly user friendly. Have the full sky package at home but if I even get a few rte games on SM it'll pay for itself cos we won't have to spend the day in the pub watching matches.

gallsman

Since they overloaded a couple of times, the SM service has been absolutely perfect for me. They're adding more channels in HD too. Rte was hit and miss but should be enough to get by