Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Going to take the plunge and get the Android box. Can rte/tg4 be accessed through it ?

gallsman

Quote from: maddog on January 20, 2016, 10:43:43 AM
Going to take the plunge and get the Android box. Can rte/tg4 be accessed through it ?

Can't remember which add on has it but I've watched RTE1, 2 and TG4. Quality isn't perfect but perfectly watchable.

maddog

Quote from: gallsman on January 20, 2016, 12:44:43 PM
Quote from: maddog on January 20, 2016, 10:43:43 AM

Can't remember which add on has it but I've watched RTE1, 2 and TG4. Quality isn't perfect but perfectly watchable.

Cheers Gallsman - good to know

blewuporstuffed

Do you all just run The black box on an Amazon Fire stick or is there any advantage to getting on of the android boxes?
I just got my broadband speed sorted out, so gonna take the jump into Kodi
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Gs Man

Wired connections are normally better.  i.e. cable straight from your box to your router.  You can't do that with a firestick.

However, I still use a firestick and it does the job on a good broadband speed.  30 mbps I'm getting.
Keep 'er lit

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 29, 2016, 03:51:52 PM
Wired connections are normally better.  i.e. cable straight from your box to your router.  You can't do that with a firestick.

However, I still use a firestick and it does the job on a good broadband speed.  30 mbps I'm getting.
im not getting anywhere near that, im getting something like6.5mb now (it wasn't working at all before)
Is that going to be good enough to stream stuff on Kodi?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Gs Man

They say anything over 6 mbps should be enough for streaming, however, if you're on a Firestick you'll inevitably lose some of that over your Wi-Fi.  So I'd recommend a box in this case.

It might be good enough to stream films etc but live sports may buffer on the speed you're getting.

But don't quote me on it!  :-)
Keep 'er lit

seanf

whats the best addon for watching rte from abroad?

WT4E

I have a amzon stick with Kodi - Can anyone point out where I can get setanta Ireland on it

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: WT4E on January 30, 2016, 03:42:07 PM
I have a amzon stick with Kodi - Can anyone point out where I can get setanta Ireland on it
I would appreciate this too??

JoG2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 30, 2016, 07:16:35 PM
I would appreciate this too??

Searched the Beast,  no sign

STREET FIGHTER

Setanta doesn't seem to operate well on it for some reason

Jules

Too late for you tonight but download this onto your android device or box. Used to be an addon on Kodi but now a separate app. UKTV Now, has everything on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM4lHlM_2dk

FL/MAYO

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 30, 2016, 07:45:53 PM

Setanta doesn't seem to operate well on it for some reason

I have a great stream of the Dublin Kerry game, it's on the Woody addon>all sports>antenna setanta

Up The Middle

I wiped the firestick the other night and tried to reinstall the black box, however none of the sources I have tried work. I also downloaded the Ares wizard to get it from there, its not there any more nor is the beast. Anybody any ideas of a different build I could use or a source that works for The black box?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.