China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 22, 2021, 10:01:01 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on February 22, 2021, 08:41:50 PM
Saw earlier that there is something like 30% refuseniks who will not take a vaccine, that's a lot of the population

Each to their own. I'm undecided to be honest. Swaying more to not getting it atm

The 8th of December was the first day of vaccine roll out, there seems to be a positive response from those who have taken it,
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on February 22, 2021, 10:08:05 PM
Saw earlier that there is something like 30% refuseniks who will not take a vaccine, that's a lot of the population

Each to their own. I'm undecided to be honest. Swaying more to not getting it atm

Don't be letting Anne melt your brain Fear!

Lol. Naw we got rid of her. I'm just thinking I've had COVID,im not in risk group, I sort of like thought of my own immune system doing the work and I do admit also to having some niggling doubts about vacinne itself. As I said undecided

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2021, 10:14:52 PM

The 8th of December was the first day of vaccine roll out, there seems to be a positive response from those who have taken it,

Yeah I know, both parents and Mrs parents had it. So far so good. I'd say 30 percent might be accurate gauge of doubters

https://twitter.com/DerryNow/status/1363924401519947776?s=19

Milltown Row2

America has lost more to Covid than WW2, Korean War and the Vietnam war!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I wonder will we all be pushing for an "All-island" approach now

themac_23

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 23, 2021, 08:17:02 AM

I think the vaccine has put to bed the notion of an all Island approach, when there was no vaccine it could be considered a viable option but when the north is around 33% of the adult population at least with one dose and the south is still in single figures it wouldn't make any sense to take an all island approach

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: themac_23 on February 23, 2021, 08:42:02 AM

I think the vaccine has put to bed the notion of an all Island approach, when there was no vaccine it could be considered a viable option but when the north is around 33% of the adult population at least with one dose and the south is still in single figures it wouldn't make any sense to take an all island approach

the political spin from SF will be great to watch.

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 23, 2021, 08:51:37 AM

I've voted SF all my life but if they try to keep us locked up in the summer they'll never ever get another vote from me.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2021, 08:49:15 PM

Sure we know that, Angelo isn't taking it, but it's ok , if 70% take it that should give everyone cover

I think we'll see from 50 and under the numbers taking maybe sway off a bit for various reasons.

Without wanting to start a war on here, I can kind of see their point - it's hugely unlikely to cause any issues for them really but I worry about the knock on effect that will have on getting the show back on the road.

I'm in my late 20s, I'll take the vaccine if it gets life back to what it was pre pandemic (yes...i know it won't ever be the same....but you get my point). But I know many people my age who will not go near it. I hope as MTR says, 70% is enough.

It's always been about protecting the vulnerable though, hasn't it?

imtommygunn

There are more than you might think at younger ages with problems from this though.

Louther

Down south it's that time where SF go notoriously quiet when there is talk of roadmaps, lockdown decisions, lifting or not lifting of restrictions etc. They'll take their position on top of the fence and wait until plans have been laid out, see what way the popular opinion is going and side with that. They'll also focus in on the small detail, looking for a hole and bring every argument back to that.

Heard Pearse Doherty, by far their best politician, on radio last week speaking about Ulster Bank situation. At end he was asked about Covid restrictions and his thoughts on roadmap - like reading from a script it was - we don't have all the data, follow public health guidance but we need an all Ireland approach which he talked about for a full minute.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Louther on February 23, 2021, 09:39:56 AM

Down south it's that time where SF go notoriously quiet when there is talk of roadmaps, lockdown decisions, lifting or not lifting of restrictions etc. They'll take their position on top of the fence and wait until plans have been laid out, see what way the popular opinion is going and side with that. They'll also focus in on the small detail, looking for a hole and bring every argument back to that.

Heard Pearse Doherty, by far their best politician, on radio last week speaking about Ulster Bank situation. At end he was asked about Covid restrictions and his thoughts on roadmap - like reading from a script it was - we don't have all the data, follow public health guidance but we need an all Ireland approach which he talked about for a full minute.

Bluffers on the ditch

trailer

I'd imagine this vaccine will be a yearly thing. And if young people don't get it things like the night time economy will be closed again. The vaccine is the solution. We all need to get it and we need to hope it works effectively but we'll be dealing with Covid and different variants for a long time I'd imagine.

There's a whole discussion around vaccines but to hear some young people say they won't take it when they'd buy something dubious from a lad on street corner or even a pile of drink at the weekends is just stupid. Young people don't understand the lives that have been saved by vaccines. The older population can remember terrible diseases that are all but eradicated now. I would hope as the population is vaccinated they'll understand that there are few risks and that getting vaccinated is a right thing to do for society as a whole.

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on February 23, 2021, 10:14:11 AM
I'd imagine this vaccine will be a yearly thing. And if young people don't get it things like the night time economy will be closed again. The vaccine is the solution. We all need to get it and we need to hope it works effectively but we'll be dealing with Covid and different variants for a long time I'd imagine.

There's a whole discussion around vaccines but to hear some young people say they won't take it when they'd buy something dubious from a lad on street corner or even a pile of drink at the weekends is just stupid. Young people don't understand the lives that have been saved by vaccines. The older population can remember terrible diseases that are all but eradicated now. I would hope as the population is vaccinated they'll understand that there are few risks and that getting vaccinated is a right thing to do for society as a whole.
This is the result of many years of right-wing (and to a much lesser extent dirtbag left) demagoguery in politics and media - a bizarre culture of total cynicism yet total gullibility

Who needs experts when you have some guy on YouTube

HiMucker

Quote from: trailer on February 23, 2021, 10:14:11 AM

Thats it, boys in work here dubious about the vaccine while scuffing down a rustler burger ffs