Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

The fact that they don't properly explain what happens here leads to confusion. They can't just pull Armagh or Kerry out first, it's the first one out of the 4 balls

bennydorano

They WILL have a system to avoid repeat pairings, it wont be a pure random draw, it cant be.

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on June 25, 2023, 03:23:55 PM
They WILL have a system to avoid repeat pairings, it wont be a pure random draw, it cant be.
Could happen to be a dirty random draw with warm balls.

markl121

sure they will draw the pot one team and then amend whatever teams are in the other pot? would that not avoid repeat pairs?

Wildweasel74

Nope it be one each at a time, looking for Derry to be drawn early against Cork lol

markl121

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2023, 04:23:02 PM
Nope it be one each at a time, looking for Derry to be drawn early against Cork lol
guaranteed to get tyrone

Solo_run

Wildweasel74

Most of the table toppers can draw 3/4 with the except of Kerry who only draw Monaghan or Tyrone.

CK_Redhand

This is the problem with so many games before the proper knockouts start. Trying to avoid repeat pairings is a nightmare. We'll see how it goes tomorrow anyway, maybe they'll have some system in mind rather than the usual film canisters in a bowl.

blanketattack

So Tyrone have a 50% chance of drawing Kerry and 25% each of Derry and Dublin.
Armagh have a 25% chance of drawing Monaghan and 37.5% each of Cork and Mayo.
Rest can be easily derived from that.

Group 1 (Ky, Mo, Ck, Lh) ended up being the best group with 3 1/4 finalists and Group 2 (Du, Ro, Ke, So) the weakest with only 1 1/4 finalist.

Armagh the only provincial runner-up to make it through.

full moon

Tyrone Kerry
Monaghan Armagh
Dublin Mayo
Cork Derry

Best draw for neutrals

joemamas

Quote from: full moon on June 25, 2023, 05:08:41 PM
Tyrone Kerry
Monaghan Armagh
Dublin Mayo
Cork Derry

Best draw for neutrals

Can you please switch
Mayo to V Derry at least if we lose, I will not begrudge Derry a win.
Two Derry men  that sit behind me in Croke Park have roared for Mayo for the last six or seven years.

Fuzzman

Who would yis Derry folk prefer to get?
I presume Cork or Tyrone or would you rather beat us later on?

OakLeaf

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 25, 2023, 05:27:53 PM
Who would yis Derry folk prefer to get?
I presume Cork or Tyrone or would you rather beat us later on?

In all honesty I'd prefer Cork. Cork, Tyrone or Mayo in that order.

Wildweasel74

Cork, Then likely Tyrone, Mayo,! Cork never should beat Roscommon. Mayo the strongest left of the 4 on that side of the draw where Derry/ Armagh the weakest on the other side.