Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyroneClubs

An awful situation no doubt but with a full round of games tonight is there any word on what the refs are thinking?

Couldn't blame them if they did strike but someone bound to be in the know by this stage

rrhf

I hi k it would be a stronger statement to ref the games and take the respect and support that 99 percent of people have for them. It's a chance to acknowledge them.

square_ball

I'd imagine 99% do have respect for referees but once that whistle blows and for 60 minutes it goes completely out the window and he's out to ride your club.

Seen messages doing the rounds supposedly from a Fintona person claiming the referee fixed the game for Cookstown. Fixed an u16 game for crying out loud.

WeGoAgain

Quote from: square_ball on July 07, 2023, 09:28:35 AM
I'd imagine 99% do have respect for referees but once that whistle blows and for 60 minutes it goes completely out the window and he's out to ride your club.

Seen messages doing the rounds supposedly from a Fintona person claiming the referee fixed the game for Cookstown. Fixed an u16 game for crying out loud.

To even have that mindset after what had happened is scary and only further highlights the scale of the problem the GAA is facing regarding referees in general. The result of that game last night became irrelevant as soon as someone decided to enter the pitch and attempt to harm the ref.

RedHand88

The ones blocking the referee, shouting at him as he is trying to leave the pitch need lengthy bans. That includes players, backroom team, subs etc. All of them. Plenty of footage to prove it.

breakingball78

Yeah let's all just forget what happened in Cookstowns Fr Rock's last night and carry on like we usually would. It really baffles my mind how people on the board can stick up for this man. There should be only 1 opinion on this matter and that is give him life in prison.

How can a player, management, officials and spectators feel safe entering a football ground again?? It may be just that 1% but you never know when and where. Fintona and the county board will have a lot to answer for.

square_ball

Quote from: breakingball78 on July 07, 2023, 09:53:48 AM
Yeah let's all just forget what happened in Cookstowns Fr Rock's last night and carry on like we usually would. It really baffles my mind how people on the board can stick up for this man. There should be only 1 opinion on this matter and that is give him life in prison.

How can a player, management, officials and spectators feel safe entering a football ground again?? It may be just that 1% but you never know when and where. Fintona and the county board will have a lot to answer for.

Who is doing this out of interest? The only discussion I see happening is about exactly what happened in Cookstown last night.

square_ball

Is that all you got 1 post from however many since it happened last night? And the post in question is from someone who knows the fella and giving a bit of background. I can see one more from puckoon who knows him as well giving us a bit of insight as well. I don't the harm in people providing that information. What I don't see is anyone moving on, condoning it, defending him, sweeping it under the carpet or forgetting about the incident like you and breakingball are suggesting.

Life in prison? I wouldn't like breakingball to be in charge of our justice system that's for sure. 

breakingball78

Quote from: square_ball on July 07, 2023, 10:15:17 AM
Is that all you got 1 post from however many since it happened last night? And the post in question is from someone who knows the fella and giving a bit of background. I can see one more from puckoon who knows him as well giving us a bit of insight as well. I don't the harm in people providing that information. What I don't see is anyone moving on, condoning it, defending him, sweeping it under the carpet or forgetting about the incident like you and breakingball are suggesting.

Life in prison? I wouldn't like breakingball to be in charge of our justice system that's for sure.

Sorry I know saying life in prison is taking it a bit too far but it just angers me that this all has happened. I would want the worst punishment for this man if my child was on that pitch and that's probably speaking for most parents that have been involved in this. Look just my opinion.

square_ball

No you're right he'll have to face the consequences of what he has done no matter the circumstances. I do a bit of coaching and am a parent and can only imagine how I would feel if the same happened when I was either coaching or my child was playing.

I am reluctant to say the word 'good' here but the only good thing that might come from it is if this is the peak of referee abuse and there is a concerted effort from ALL people involved in our games to improve this situation.

Onthe40

On another subject (lets change focus)

i see Eglish u16s claimed the Grade2 league and championship double at a canter last nite
how was this allowed to happen..its a disgrace that a team that won the Ulster Og Sport u15 last year were allowed to drop into grade 2 and a bigger disappointment that the Eglish club allowed/wanted it to happen

Donaghmore dropping into Grade2 u14s is another example

they did it at minor a few years ago also

Surely the CCC need to stop this sort of stuff happening

breakingball78

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 07, 2023, 11:06:20 AM
On another subject (lets change focus)

i see Eglish u16s claimed the Grade2 league and championship double at a canter last nite
how was this allowed to happen..its a disgrace that a team that won the Ulster Og Sport u15 last year were allowed to drop into grade 2 and a bigger disappointment that the Eglish club allowed/wanted it to happen

Donaghmore dropping into Grade2 u14s is another example

they did it at minor a few years ago also

Surely the CCC need to stop this sort of stuff happening

Very unfair on the other clubs in those leagues. Basically knowing from the start of the season that they're not going to win anything. This has been happening for years and something definitely needs down. But then again no point us even talking about it here as the county board don't listen.

WT4E

Quote from: square_ball on July 07, 2023, 10:37:44 AM
No you're right he'll have to face the consequences of what he has done no matter the circumstances. I do a bit of coaching and am a parent and can only imagine how I would feel if the same happened when I was either coaching or my child was playing.

I am reluctant to say the word 'good' here but the only good thing that might come from it is if this is the peak of referee abuse and there is a concerted effort from ALL people involved in our games to improve this situation.

Maybe this is some sort of spin the life of David Gale!

Tyrone11234

Reports of a referee strike this evening

TyroneClubs

Quote from: Top G on July 07, 2023, 12:06:46 PM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on July 07, 2023, 11:43:30 AM
Reports of a referee strike this evening

Div 1 games unaffected.
Div 2 & div 3 games off apparently

What would be the point in that?