Ulster U21 Football Championship 2010

Started by AFS, January 15, 2010, 02:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Saw a bit in the paper about this yesterday, seems Tyrone are playing Derry in the preliminary round. Had a look around the Ulster GAA website, but couldn't find any fixture list. Perhaps someone else has it at hand, Drici?

drici

Preliminary Round:
Dia Céadaoine 10/03/10
Tyrone v Derry

Quarter Finals:
Dia Céadaoine 24/03/10

Antrim v Monaghan

Cavan v Down

Armagh v Donegal

Fermanagh v Tyrone or Derry

AFS

Fantastic!

So are the semis Antrim/ Monaghan v Cavan/ Down and Armagh/ Donegal v Fermanagh/ Tyrone/ Derry?

Zulu

Who is favourite to win Ulster this year lads, Tyrone or Down?

tyrone86

Quote from: Zulu on January 15, 2010, 02:41:40 PM
Who is favourite to win Ulster this year lads, Tyrone or Down?

Whoever wins the Tyrone v Derry preliminary match would be hot favourites to win Ulster

drici

Quote from: AFS on January 15, 2010, 02:38:29 PM

So are the semis Antrim/ Monaghan v Cavan/ Down and Armagh/ Donegal v Fermanagh/ Tyrone/ Derry?

Yep.   Dia Céadaoine 31/03/10

Final: Dia Céadaoine 07/04/10

Any neutral games played in Casement will be followed by complaints about supporters being unable to get into the stand, unable to get back to their seat in the stand after they went to the leithreas, unable to convince the stewards that someone is keeping a seat for them in the stand, someone near them smoking in the stand and loads of stuff like last year.

AFS

Winners of Tyrone and Derry will be hard to beat alright. They were the two Ulster finalists at minor 3 years ago, Tyrone winning by a point but Derry went on to reach the AI final, which they also lost by a point.

Zulu

Since Tyrone won the following years AI minor title, you'd have to fancy Tyrone, no?

tyrone86

Quote from: Zulu on January 15, 2010, 02:55:27 PM
Since Tyrone won the following years AI minor title, you'd have to fancy Tyrone, no?

I would but I'm probably biased. The calibre of the u21 management would be questioned by some within the county on their inability to win an Ulster title since 2006 but they certainly have a very talented panel at their disposal for what is probably their last year unless they do the business.

Jimmy

I would say Tyron would be favourites. Derry have lost Chris McKeague to oz and Derry really have't done much at this level in a long time.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Jimmy on January 15, 2010, 03:11:57 PM
I would say Tyron would be favourites. Derry have lost Chris McKeague to oz and Derry really have't done much at this level in a long time.

Chrissy McKeague is a very good young player but this AFL tag has really hyped him up. A loss but not this massive loss he will prob be painted out to be. There are several players there who were just as important to the '07 minors as he was that are on that U-21 panel. Having said that I hope he has success with the aussie rules and comes back after a few years a better player for it.

I think Derry have an excellent panel this year, good strength in depth too. Havent a baldy how they will do though...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

joedenilson

Quote from: drici on January 15, 2010, 02:50:19 PM

Any neutral games played in Casement will be followed by complaints about supporters being unable to get into the stand, unable to get back to their seat in the stand after they went to the leithreas, unable to convince the stewards that someone is keeping a seat for them in the stand, someone near them smoking in the stand and loads of stuff like last year.
Where'd you get that draw from Drici?

Have you any idea of the following draws?

Ulster Minor Football Championship
Ulster Minor Hurling Championship
Ulster U21 Football Championship
Ulster U21 Hurling Championship
Ulster U21 Hurling Shield

down6061689194

Quote from: joedenilson on January 15, 2010, 03:42:48 PM
Definatley the same as senior draw, not sure about Hurling.

down6061689194

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2010, 10:01:11 PM
Quote from: joedenilson on January 15, 2010, 03:42:48 PM
Quote from: drici on January 15, 2010, 02:50:19 PM

Where'd you get that draw from Drici?

Have you any idea of the following draws?

He definitely doesn't know that one.
;D

Dougal

so,only just over a week to throw in.who's goin to win the first match between derry and tyrone?who's going to win it out?who are the players to look out for?

is this the same as the minors where the two finalists go into the all ireland stages or just the winners?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!