Clubs that won two league titles in two years

Started by irish345, June 18, 2019, 10:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish345

Can anyone tell me if there has been any clubs that won a junior league title then an intermediate title the year after or intermediate league titles then a senior title  and has it happen much in county championships aswell

GlenMan

Quote from: irish345 on June 18, 2019, 10:56:34 PM
Can anyone tell me if there has been any clubs that won a junior league title then an intermediate title the year after or intermediate league titles then a senior title  and has it happen much in county championships aswell

Tattyreagh St. Patricks in Tyrone. Won the Junior Championship in 2017 then won the Intermediate Championship in 2018. Now playing Senior Football after having spent most of the last 40 years in Junior.

Ball Hopper

Kerry's Ardfert go one better...winning All-Ireland Junior title in 2006 and All-Ireland Intermediate in 2007

BennyCake

Quote from: GlenMan on June 19, 2019, 12:03:12 AM

Tattyreagh St. Patricks in Tyrone. Won the Junior Championship in 2017 then won the Intermediate Championship in 2018. Now playing Senior Football after having spent most of the last 40 years in Junior.

Did Trillick or maybe Killyclogher not win Tyrone Intermediate then Senior two years in a row? 3 or 4 years back.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on June 19, 2019, 12:22:16 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on June 19, 2019, 12:03:12 AM

Did Trillick or maybe Killyclogher not win Tyrone Intermediate then Senior two years in a row? 3 or 4 years back.

If memory serves me correctly, Trillick actually lost the 2014 Tyrone intermediate final to Dungannon, got promoted via the league and won the senior championship the following year.,
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

errigal Ciaran 2nds went from division 3-1 following their creation. 

omaghjoe

Didnt Killyman do the same as Tattyreagh? Junior followed by Intermediate?

nrico2006

Clann na nGael in Tyrone won the Junior and Intermediate championships in successive years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ardtole

Wolfetones in Meath won junior, intermediate and senior championships in Meath in a short period of time. I think they had an all Ireland club appearance at some of these levels as well.

macdanger2

Knockmore won the intermediate in 1971 and senior Connacht in 1972

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 19, 2019, 07:39:32 AM
Killyman finished bottom of the intermediate league but won the championship, meaning they went up to senior rather than down to junior
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mrdeeds

Castlerahan in Cavan won the Junior Championship in 65, the Intermediate in 66 and bet in 67 Senior Final. Won their first Senior Championship last year.

laceer

There was a year gap - Junior 2005, Intermediate 2007.
Stewartstown did the same a year earlier - Junior 04, Intermediate 06

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 19, 2019, 09:15:05 AM
Killyman finished bottom of the intermediate league but won the championship, meaning they went up to senior rather than down to junior

I'm pretty sure Killyman played in a different league every year for 5 years

Year 1-Div 3-Junior Champions-Promoted
Year 2-Div 2-Intermediate Champions-Promoted
Year 3-Div 1-Relegated
Year 4-Div 2-Relegated
Year 5-Div 3

extra time

Greencastle Co Down won 3 leagues in a row in the late 70's. South Down Intermediate 1977, All county Div 3 1978 and All county Div 2 1979 plus a Junior championship 1977.