Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2016, 06:08:05 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 13, 2016, 05:56:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2016, 04:16:53 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 13, 2016, 04:06:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2016, 03:58:54 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 13, 2016, 03:47:40 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 13, 2016, 03:34:12 PM
Quote from: moysider on November 13, 2016, 03:07:26 PM
Hope there isn't extra time. I don t think I could suffer more of this. Awful crap sport when played like this.
It'd be one thing if I had an interest in either side playing, but am fed up with these two and Brigid's perennially being in the Connacht club. The wonderful novelty that the club championships often provide isn't happening out west at the minute, it's as predictable as the inter county scene.
In fairness this Castlebar side only "arrived" in 2013 when they won their first senior county and provincial titles for years and years.

Looks like they're going away.

What Brigids and Corofin have done, country clubs that have stayed at the top of the provincial for a decade or so, is incredible. The turnover of players in that period is what makes it special, there's only a few survivors of the 2006 Connacht final between the sides. Mitchels have so many advantages they're not really in the same conversation as the other two.

Hell of a game in store in Carrick in two weeks.
It's not like either are tiny wee half-parish clubs though.

Clann na nGael are a half parish club, actually. And they're massive. Parish size isn't a good metric to use for club size these days.

Neither Corofin or Brigids have massive picks even in their counties - in Roscommon there's at least four clubs with better areas to pick from. These aren't Dublin superclubs or big town clubs like Mitchels or Dr. Crokes.

Just well run clubs that built from underage up - Brigids have ran the table at underage in the county this year so even when the old stagers hang up the boots they will still be making regular appearences at provincial level.
you are clueless. you really are.

St Brigids have a huge area to pick from, two full parishes, about 5 or 6 primary schools and there is a lot of housing down every road in St Brigids area. They pick all the way from Ganlys roundabout to within 3/4 miles of Lecarrow village
Go to Curraghboy or Brideswell and see the amount of houses built on country roads

Corofin is exactly the same. Might be rural, but there is a lot of housing there.

Clann, Pearses, Ros Gaels and Castlerea all have bigger areas to grab from. Of the big three in the south Brigids are the most rural.

Alt accounts, I wonder? Touchy.
going by your argument Tulsk has one of the largest parishes in the county!!
except people cannot live on a marsh or get permission to build a house in the middle of the largest concentration of archaeological monuments in the country

My 'argument' has nothing to do with acreage. That was literally the first thing I said in one of my posts. All the named clubs have more attractive bases both in terms of population and potential for local backing than Brigids. Fin.

Good news that Ian Kilbride may be back for the Connacht final. It was originally thought he wasn't going to be available due to army duty.
You just cannot keep anything quiet, can you?

moysider

How de f**k did a match between Mayo and Galway teams turn into a Roscommon domestic row!?

Duine Eile

Quote from: moysider on November 13, 2016, 11:27:04 PM

How de f**k did a match between Mayo and Galway teams turn into a Roscommon domestic row!?

The world revolves around Roscommon, did nobody tell you Muppet?  ::)

Duine Eile

Was at the game today, thought Gizzy McGrath, Daithí and Ian Burke, Ronan Steede and Mike Farragher had great displays. Poor Steede took some amount of battering! They were sloppy enough in defence at times, gave away an awful lot of frees, that said some of them were very soft. I think they'll improve, that's the toughest game they've had all year and they have Martin Farragher to come back from injury as well.

moysider

Quote from: Duine Eile on November 13, 2016, 11:31:35 PM

Ah now! Just cause I'm a bit slow, no need to call me a muppet!!

Duine Eile

Quote from: moysider on November 13, 2016, 11:44:04 PM

:-[ oops Apologies!  ;D ye cross Mayo bucks all sound the same!  ;D :P

moysider

Quote from: Duine Eile on November 13, 2016, 11:50:46 PM
Quote from: moysider on November 13, 2016, 11:44:04 PM

:-[ oops Apologies!  ;D ye cross Mayo bucks all sound the same!  ;D :P

Moi, cross! Never!!

Syferus

Only Mayo and Galway could think they're the only show in town the day of two Connacht semi-finals. You can't write this stuff.

Rossfan

Errrrrr... the thread is called the CONNACHT club.....
St Brigid's are the Roscommon champions and are in the Final ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Which should be a cause of some satisfaction to ye all. Why is it then that ye re knocking lumps outa each other?

muppet

Quote from: moysider on November 14, 2016, 01:18:44 PM
Which should be a cause of some satisfaction to ye all. Why is it then that ye re knocking lumps outa each other?

MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

oliverkelly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 14, 2016, 01:43:18 PM
Will Brigids fear Corofin?
[/quote0]

Don't think they will fear them at all. But I don't think they are good enough to beat them. Brigids are not as good as they were a few years ago be very surprised if they won. Best of luck to them, Its a shame they have to go to Carrick to play game as the facility's in Kiltoom are excellent with a great atmosphere.

Rossfan

Do them fancy Dans good to see how the other half of the County survives ;D

Must be hard on ye lot seeing the Brids going well again Oliver :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM