Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

How many were in CP for yesterday games?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rois

Quote from: Hound on July 16, 2018, 12:40:44 PM

Rossies had reasonably big numbers, but Tyrone support seemed much smaller than a few years back. I'd say most of the Donegal support were home based.
One factor was probably the weekend that was in it - it was the weekend of the 12th July, don't underestimate the number of people in the north who head off somewhere foreign or at least further west or south, with two bank holidays on Thurs and Fri.  Had the game been on Sunday, it might have been different. 

omagh_gael

Low Tyrone numbers probably due to the fact of having away games in Meath, Carlow, Enniskillen and Portlaoise in the weeks before the super8s. Add into the mix that this game had the least appeal out of our three and the next two games are at home and just up the road in Donegal.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 16, 2018, 03:51:41 PM
Low Tyrone numbers probably due to the fact of having away games in Meath, Carlow, Enniskillen and Portlaoise in the weeks before the super8s. Add into the mix that this game had the least appeal out of our three and the next two games are at home and just up the road in Donegal.

Tyrone low numbers are due to a general apathy towards the county set up the last few years. But if the Roscommon game is an indication of a return to an attacking style of play the numbers will start to build again.

From the Bunker

People are budgeting! This super 8's lark is both time and financially consuming.

We are in the middle of Summer Holidays and family time has to be taken care of.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Dinny Breen

16k in Omagh. Thought this game was sold out?

Super 8s not working out.
#newbridgeornowhere

inthrough

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2018, 09:13:58 PM

Super 8's working out just fine. Every game doesn't have to be a sell out.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: inthrough on July 21, 2018, 09:17:57 PM

Eh! There will be less than 20k tomorrow between both games, you need big crowds, sense of occasion and €€€.

It's not reaching its KPIs.
#newbridgeornowhere

inthrough

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2018, 09:27:15 PM

Eh! There will be less than 20k tomorrow between both games, you need big crowds, sense of occasion and €€€.

KPIs eh?  I will bet you anything you like there will be a lot more than 20k at tomorrow's games.

This evening's game in Omagh had a big crowd, a sense of occasion & I'll bet it made money.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: inthrough on July 21, 2018, 09:40:01 PM

KPIs eh?  I will bet you anything you like there will be a lot more than 20k at tomorrow's games.

This evening's game in Omagh had a big crowd, a sense of occasion & I'll bet it made money.

Will need more than 11,800 to turn up in Clones, Kerry mightn't bring more than 2k so will need around 10k Monaghan fans to turn up which will be possible but not guaranteed.

inthrough

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 21, 2018, 09:55:36 PM

Will need more than 11,800 to turn up in Clones, Kerry mightn't bring more than 2k so will need around 10k Monaghan fans to turn up which will be possible but not guaranteed.
I'd say quite a number of neutrals will turn up for this & I can assure you that there will be 15,000+ Monaghan supporters there.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: inthrough on July 21, 2018, 10:13:37 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 21, 2018, 09:55:36 PM

I'd say quite a number of neutrals will turn up for this & I can assure you that there will be 15,000+ Monaghan supporters there.

Would be good to see, there didn't seem to me to be as much Monaghan fans in Croke Park last week in comparison to the last 12 in 2017 when they travelled well. Could be a case of fans waiting for the glamour home game. Tails are up too.

From the Bunker

The Dubs proving again they have a great travelling support and will travel the country to support their team. Where were all the Tyrone supporters?

Redhand Santa

Tyrone had the majority support. Other than behind one goal there wasn't many dubs elsewhere on the terrace. I'd say it was 10k Tyrone, 6k dubs. Still a great travelling support. It was sold out so I'm guessing capacity was 16.5k, though there seemed to be more there than that.